Join Date: Jul 2018
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me make a educated decision!!!
So I'm at a cross roads. I have a 2006 f250 6.0 PSD Everything is running fine, No blown head gaskets or none of that sorts. But I'm finally at a point were I wanna start improving on the stock motor and getting it to the next level of reliability. My oil cooler is functioning fine, Deltas are within 5 degrees of each other so looking good there. Head studs and all of that jazz are coming in the future, studs are not something I feel comfortable pulling off and out of my funding range right now. I have zero desire to run a tuner. I don't need any more horse power and for what pulling (98% of the time I pull less than 8K) I do the stock horsepower and torque is just fine. I feel confident that the motor is strong and more than up to the task for the time being with relatively few problems for the next couple of years.
I replaced the EGR Cooler when I bought the truck with a BPD one( I have no desire to delete the EGR Cooler since I'm in the army and may PCS someplace that is hard on emissions). I will be doing the work myself as of now unless I hold off and save up some funding.
So Do I :
A: install the IPR Inline coolant filter and ditch the bypass filter I have now and prolong the life of the current oil cooler. Along with a IPR aluminum radiator and IRP Billet water pump.
B: Install the IPR External oil cooler kit and leave the stock oil cooler in place as well, Along with IPR Radiator and billet water pump
C: Tear the top end of the motor apart and do the IPR external oil cooler kit, IPR Radiator, and IRP billet water pump.
I'm leaning towards just doing the coolant filter, radiator and billet water pump for now and saving up some green paper and going back in at a later date so I can do the external oil cooler relocation kit, studs, heads, all at once. Makes the most sense in my minds eye. I feel it would keep the motor going strong for now and give the ability to save up to go back in at a later date and have studs, heads, oil cooler relocation kit done at the same time and by a shop the could probably do a better job than I could. Also gives me the ability to ditch the lift kit now and return the suspension back the stock configuration, Which is something I have been wanting to do for a long time.
Everyone's thoughts and input is more than welcome!!!