post #1 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New Headlights... Opinions.

Thinking about replacing my old stock lenses and going with some projectors. I'm not interested in doing any retrofit stuff. So it's plug and play or they stay as they are.

Found these on the @CARiD site and thought they looked cool, but should I go black or chrome with the black truck?

https://www.carid.com/2004-ford-f-25...n%20Headlights

Or should I just get the old halo style that everyone else has?

Truck pic.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by G8orFord; 06-17-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the look of the second ones, personally.

My question is, since these aren't HID or LED, are they any more light than getting some new stock clear style? It's just an H1 bulb it looks like in those projector lamps. I wouldn't think the light output increase (if there is) would be worth the $300 or so?
post #3 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Love all, Trust a Few...

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
voodooridr likes this.

@loxdce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
I like the look of the second ones, personally.

My question is, since these aren't HID or LED, are they any more light than getting some new stock clear style? It's just an H1 bulb it looks like in those projector lamps. I wouldn't think the light output increase (if there is) would be worth the $300 or so?
LED upgrade is $200 for highs and lows. I'd probably just upgrade the lows for the time being. That's what I use 90% of the time anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm, not sure I like that after all. I wonder what the chrome would look like.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #5 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
LED upgrade is $200 for highs and lows. I'd probably just upgrade the lows for the time being. That's what I use 90% of the time anyway.

Ah, good deal. Definitely go for those, only as long as the light output is more than halogen.

I've always wanted to upgrade my headlights. Not because of light output necessarily, but because the light hue doesn't match my LED lights.
post #6 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
I put some replacement LED bulbs in my stock housings and I have them adjusted where they are not blinding oncoming traffic, but the high beams are useless and I can't get the static out of the radio with them (they were cheap), but the light output is far superior than the halogens, so I just use iHeartradio and leave 'em on dim. LOL That's why I'm looking at a real upgrade instead of just trying to make an LED or HID work in the stock housing. They are 14 years old and while they aren't yellowed, there are micro-cracks in the lenses. I'm really looking for better light output more than looks. Looks are definitely secondary for my purposes. I like what I have now, but with the radio static and the unfocused light, I want better.
USAF93 likes this.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #7 of 60 Old 06-17-2018, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I like option #2 also. The chrome Ubar look pretty slick. I agree that form follows function, better output would be the deciding factor.
post #8 of 60 Old 06-18-2018, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi there! Thanks for tagging us!

Alright, the U-bars on the first and second options are brighter and sharper than the old halo style LED rings.
High/Low beams and turn signals are plug and play, but the halo rings or U-Bars must be wired to your parking lights, so it's the only one simple modification that needs to be performed.

All 3 headlight options come with halogen high/low beam bulbs, that don't produce much light, so the LED upgrade is a must if you really want some bright lights.

We went this route with our F150 Truck buy installing black Spyder headlights with U-Bars and upgrading it with Lumen LED conversion kit, and we're more than happy with the end result.

Here's the video review of the Lumen LED conversion kit:

When you'll set your mind on the headlight model that you like the best - contact our sales rep by phone at 800.505.3274 and inquire for a discount. Alternatively, you just send me a PM and I will email you the quote. Don't forget to include the link to the product, shipping zip, and email!

This tech article may be useful for you: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs - The Cost-Effective Way to Better Lighting

Ford Experts

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARiD For This Useful Post:
joshkoltes (06-18-2018)
post #9 of 60 Old 06-18-2018, 01:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Personally I'd get the second ones and upgrade to shorty 35w HIDs, I don't think the LEDs in projectors will do much as far as actual output, the light you do get might be brighter but considering the light projects in a ring rather than straight out. I also had LEDs in stock housing and aimed correctly they were decent, but nothing compared to an actual projector setup. You'll love them either way.

__________ (projector lens)

<-- |||| -->
<-- |||| -->
<-- |||| -->

vs a halogen/hid bulb:

__________ (projector lens)

....^^^^
......^^
<-- |||| -->
<-- |||| -->
<-- |||| -->
post #10 of 60 Old 06-18-2018, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
Alittle different then what g8orford posted but close enough.

How long have you had those? That truck out in the sun alot? My china Harley lights got that sh1tty hazed peeling look after 2-3 years. I'd replace them with a set like these. Just wondering how long they last at that $300+ price. I could go back to the harley style for under 100 probably.

Last edited by johnnybgood; 06-18-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode