Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 1646 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
4in turbo back flo pro and it fits with no issue, doesn't hit at all
I really don't know how the 6.0 has had the claim that: 4" down pipe doesn't fit in the truck. Because thats ridicules, The 3-1/2 DP is only 1/4" different from center line.

Now like everything else there has to be some made that have horrible design issues that has given the truck a black eye on the subject.

What I do know with 100% factual experience is that the Diamond Eye 4" DP fits beautifully and as well as the OEM tiny choke pipe.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/70K

625 ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
A Damn Perty Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hard Platinum's
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3” CAC Pipes & Intake 90
4” Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/ Magnaflow & Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant in engine
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 01-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My 4in rubs... might be because my cab alighnment is off though. Might be an issue most folks have. I'm getting ready to go back to a 3.5 when new cab mounts go in.

Chris... LBCC dirty old XL... studded and deleted, oringed heads, CCV reroute to exhaust on 5" axle dump, Odawg S3r intake, KC S2R, Holder's 190/30s, custom built R/R with 6.7 pump and Fuel lab parts, AFE/CXS intake, BD ypipe and manis, CSF intercooler, Turbosmart BOV. PMF traction bars and steering components..... almost done, I hope.

Sent from a boat in the middle of a swamp....far away from humanity as possible....
post #23 of 28 Old 01-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82 View Post
My 4in rubs... might be because my cab alighnment is off though. Might be an issue most folks have. I'm getting ready to go back to a 3.5 when new cab mounts go in.
Do you know the make of the down pipe?

As soon as I get my up pipes and turbo back into my truck I will upload some pictures of exactly how mine looks and fits. I'm installing another 1/2" of sound deadening to my firewall behind all of that stuff. And I will still have I bet 3/4" to another inch clearance still.

Diamond Eye sure has a better design as far as how and where they put its bends for getting under the truck. They have two 45* bends to ease under the truck where the MBRP is just a BAM SLAM 90* turn at the very bottom. I wont endorse any of their systems today, not after listening to them lie to me about a 4" DP NEVER fitting in our trucks. When I convinced him that he was wrong uninformed or whatever he then took the angle of the 4" is not smog legal and that I should not put one on for that reason.

I honestly wished I could chuck that 3-1/2" DP of theirs through their front window at MBRP.

6.0 Diesel w/70K

3” CAC Pipes & Intake 90
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 01-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
Do you know the make of the down pipe?

As soon as I get my up pipes and turbo back into my truck I will upload some pictures of exactly how mine looks and fits. I'm installing another 1/2" of sound deadening to my firewall behind all of that stuff. And I will still have I bet 3/4" to another inch clearance still.

Diamond Eye sure has a better design as far as how and where they put its bends for getting under the truck. They have two 45* bends to ease under the truck where the MBRP is just a BAM SLAM 90* turn at the very bottom. I wont endorse any of their systems today, not after listening to them lie to me about a 4" DP NEVER fitting in our trucks. When I convinced him that he was wrong uninformed or whatever he then took the angle of the 4" is not smog legal and that I should not put one on for that reason.

I honestly wished I could chuck that 3-1/2" DP of theirs through their front window at MBRP.
It's an old MBRP system, I mean from WAY back... like from when I first bought the truck, over 5 years old for sure. I put it on myself and had no issues with it up until now. I am going to have @LoxDiesel put in a 5in JAMO exhaust when he does the cab mounts.
mhatlen likes this.

Chris... LBCC dirty old XL... studded and deleted, oringed heads, CCV reroute to exhaust on 5" axle dump, Odawg S3r intake, KC S2R, Holder's 190/30s, custom built R/R with 6.7 pump and Fuel lab parts, AFE/CXS intake, BD ypipe and manis, CSF intercooler, Turbosmart BOV. PMF traction bars and steering components..... almost done, I hope.

Sent from a boat in the middle of a swamp....far away from humanity as possible....
post #25 of 28 Old 01-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As part of a cylinder head up rebuild on my 6.0 (cab-off), I installed the 3.50" MBRP stainless downpipe. Currently, the balance of the system is stock.
My plan is to build the balance of the system in 3.50" stainless with a side exit (front of passenger RW).
-Muffler suggestions for good sound but not obnoxiously loud?
-If I can't accomplish the build myself, does someone offer a 3.50" stainless balance of system? I cannot find that MBRP offers one.
post #26 of 28 Old 01-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Garage
I would go with the Donaldson 3-1/2” muffler. I also am going to give you a hard look for dumping exhaust in front of your rear tire.
Not one good benefit comes from that but it’s your world.

I have a $440.00 Stainless Steel Corsa muffler that uses sound wave technology that’s not worth the powder to go blow to hell.

Oh yea real men have 4” down pipes
2006PSDSD likes this.

6.0 Diesel w/70K

3” CAC Pipes & Intake 90
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18

Last edited by mhatlen; 01-01-2018 at 08:59 PM.
post #27 of 28 Old 01-02-2018, 03:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have a 4 inch downpipe and complete 4 inch system from Silverline. No problems here
mhatlen likes this.

2005 Dark Blue F-250 Harley Davidson 4x4. SCT Livewire TS, 4" Silverline TBE, Sinister intake elbow/intercooler piping, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Sinister coolant filter, Fleetguard OAT, IPR EGR delete, ARP studs, 270 amp alternator with 2/0 wires.
post #28 of 28 Old 01-09-2018, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Ok. As I said earlier I went with the MBRP 4” straight pipe exhaust. I just put it on yesterday. Holy crap why did y’all let me wait this long to put an exhaust on. The truck sounds amazing! I think it’s going to be a little loud with the camper behind it but without it sounds really good. Gonna run the straight pipe for a while to make sure I like it. Later I may throw a muffler on it to quieten it down a little with the camper. But overall I couldn’t be happier with the tone and the turbo sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2003 Ford F-350 6.0 Lariat. Edge Insight Pro CTS 2. Bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode