LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Improve AC

Heres another AC thread

I was wondering what I can do to improve AC, I know GMs work better than ours so does anybody know whats different? I also drove a friends f350 the other day and I was impressed with how well his worked, since I'm feeding 2 AC systems with the same condenser would adding a second one give a good boost performance?

Thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Mitch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Have you done any work to it? I just replaced the orifice tube, accumulator, and had it recharged and the A.C. works way better now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mitch

2006 Ford F-350 6.0 Crew Cab Lariat Short Box./4" exhaust/SCT X4 7015 (White Noise)/Autometer Boost and Fuel Pressure(Strictly Adapter)/Edge Insight CTS2/FICM Repair.com Complete Wire Kit/08+ Rear Differential Cover/B&W Goosneck hitch/Sinister Coolant Filter/High Idle/Blue Spring/Purchased 2/28/2014

2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Crew Cab Lariat Short Box, SOLD 2/24/2014

post #3 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Yes a couple of years ago the compressor, condenser, accumulator/dryer, lines to and from the condenser, rear expansion valve, orifice tube for hottest climate IIRC it was red, flushed all the lines that weren't replaced and the 7.3 fan clutch I think that everything.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't know much about AC, but my experience has been when I removed the heater core hose shut off valve, my AC wasn't as cool.

I removed the valve to "t" in the coolant filter.

Some truck came with this valve, some didn't. When AC controls are switched to MAX AC, the vacuum operated valve closes off hot coolant to the heater core. This prevents residual heat from being mixed with the cool AC air.

If you have one of these valve, be sure the vacuum hose is connected and/or the valve is working properly.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
post #5 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 10:32 AM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
LilPooh

I don't have a MAX AC on mine and it's an '07. The only thing I can do is hit the recirc button. Is that what you're talking about? Otherwise enlighten me please. I'd love to get more out of my AC

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
post #6 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,764 Posts
Mentioned: 704 Post(s)
Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
not sure why Ford missed the mark but all my GM's kick butt over my ford
even after a new compressor and assosciated parts my truck is not chillin like my 2500 or even 3 zone tahoe

with the fan commanded to full on the AC performs a little better at a stop light
I may try a VOV over the FOV (variable/fixed orfice valve)

6.0 flush pdf
post #7 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsargent View Post
LilPooh

I don't have a MAX AC on mine and it's an '07. The only thing I can do is hit the recirc button. Is that what you're talking about? Otherwise enlighten me please. I'd love to get more out of my AC
Being we have different year tricks, not sure if Max AC and recirc button does the same thing. But you can look under the hood at the heater core hose and see if you have the valve. It will be on the inlet heater core hose, and will have a small grey vacuum line attached to it.
Improve AC-img_2599.jpg

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
post #8 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 11:49 AM

Recirculate shuts the heater valve on the upgraded climate control

6.0 flush pdf
post #9 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

IIRC my heater core stays open on recirculation it closes when I set it to 60F which I guess is part of the reason it drops from 65 to 60 instead of continuing the 1-degree count.

@ZMANN Do you still have GM and if so do you mind looking at it to see if there's something obvious that's different.

Maybe GM is still using R12

post #10 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM

I have two GM vehicles neither use R12

the systems are the same design as Ford and all use the orifice tube style system
i don't know if it is the condenser location in the diesel or air flow issue or even the compressor design ?

but it has been a well talked about issue and if I could upgrade some components i sure would
I hate being hot inside an air-conditioned vehicle

6.0 flush pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode