post #11 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I have two GM vehicles neither use R12

the systems are the same design as Ford and all use the orifice tube style system
i don't know if it is the condenser location in the diesel or air flow issue or even the compressor design ?

but it has been a well talked about issue and if I could upgrade some components i sure would
I hate being hot inside an air-conditioned vehicle
I already knew they didn't use R12 and I think it's illegal to sell new vehicles with it in the US.

I really wish there was a simple answer to this question like their condensers are bigger or the compressor is bigger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 04:58 PM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Being we have different year tricks, not sure if Max AC and recirc button does the same thing. But you can look under the hood at the heater core hose and see if you have the valve. It will be on the inlet heater core hose, and will have a small grey vacuum line attached to it.
Attachment 640274
yes I have that valve. So I guess I need to have my son hit the recirc button to see what the valve does. I never use the recirc but after trying it I may just do that if the results are positive.

Thank you

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
post #13 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MAX A/C on the manual controls and and Recirc on the electronic are basically the same thing. Both turn off the outside air and, I assume, close the heater control valve. I believe they also do something to keep the compressor from cycling as often, but I am not certain of that.

My A/C works as well as I can really expect for a black truck with an interior the size of a small house. From a hot truck, I usually have to turn it down after 30 minutes or so I the Florida heat. It's not super great, but it does keep the truck cool.
zsargent and hummer010 like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Window tinting goes a long way and a properly charged A/C makes a big difference. At 122k, which was roughly 3 years ago, I had head studs and OEM gaskets done as preventative maintenance and the A/C was vacuumed down and recharged. Two weeks later the DS and PS side windows were tinted to legal limits, I believe 15%. I live in south central Kansas so it gets hot here for extended periods of time, we just went through 2-3 weeks of 100* plus weather. My A/C cools like a dream. Long story short I have to turn down blower speed on a regular basis when I have any passengers. My two cents, tint and properly charge your A/C!
post #15 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 PM
HMM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Tint does help, that's one of the first things I do when I get a new to me vehicle.

2006 Dark Shadow Gray Harley #898
post #16 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
My front windows have the legal limit of tint and the rears are factory tinted. The window tint makes a huge difference I went without it for a couple of days because the old tint was looking ugly so I took it off and immediately had fresh tint installed. I have the AC set to recirculation like 100% of the time and I can't remember the last time I turned it off. Unlike most of you, I'm cooling at least double the space if not more,

Dark truck in triple digits and 90%+ humidity it works ok but not as well as I would like it too.

Maybe I'll just do this
Lilpooh and djmaguire like this.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #17 of 18 Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 PM
HMM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
One thing I hate about my truck is I have to push the recirc button every time I start it. For some stupid reason it doesn't remember it was on (electronic climate control on 2006). That and the power outlet and cig lighter is hot when the ignition is off, wish one was switched controlled.

2006 Dark Shadow Gray Harley #898
post #18 of 18 Old 08-09-2017, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Air flow through the condenser and evaporator or condenser size is what must be holding you back. I worked for a large school district and they had a bus for special needs students which had A/C and the condenserS weren't in front by radiator. They had their own electric fans on the side of the bus. Air flow through heat exchangers or condenser size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode