Aftermarket Warranty? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had purchased an extended warranty for my Excursion. It was sold to me as complete coverage for everything that wasn't considered "normal wear and tear." Well, I lost overdrive and needed either to rebuild my tranny or replace it. That turned into the fight from hell. Not only did I have to pony up every cent FIRST, the paperwork battle made me want to run head first into a wall. The list of shops they approved work from was so small in my area I felt uncomfortable not being able to use someone who was known to be reputable.

I read the fine print. But, the company amended the contract and sent me notification of change of spec. Literally 4 grand thrown down the toilet with another nearly 3 grand in a new transmission.

These warranties are often sold from one company to another, or after receiving negative reviews a new sister company is formed and they take over the other company's customers.

I'd cash out and walk. You can purchase a lot of parts and labor for that money. Yes, a new engine will cost you far more, but put your money in preventative maintenance and save yourself the hassle.
ZMANN and Sock Puppet like this.

~Shayna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 6.4L 4X4 Lariat

6.4L w/SCT Livewire, Deleted, and loved! About to hit 200,000 miles!

RIP 2003 7.3L Limited Excursion 4X4 & 2007 6.0L Lariat FX4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg89 View Post
Well, they paid for a turbo and water pump on my truck..... I only got the basic service though, that's all they would sell me.

My buddy whose shop does all my work usually doesn't have issues getting them to do studs

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
Did you have Route 66 warranty or someone else?

I am still on the fence about this

I have Main Street aka all of them.

Here is some of the things it covers and my paper says it covers more.
Still welcome on people input. If I do cancel it and get my 3,300.00 back what should I buy? (Dont say lift kits or tires, I want to keep my truck running good and safe....and I already have that stuff )

www . eastriverfcu . com/ Documents/Miscellaneous/Route66Brochure .aspx

2007 6.0 - 35x13.5tty.20, 6" RC/PC Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 1A tow mirrors, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, AirDog II-4G DF-165, SCT x4 with custom tunes by ID & QT, KC Turbo Wheel (10 Finn/Blade),
DieselSite SS yPipe, True 4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back, Warren 175/30 injectors (soon)

Currently down & buying parts. I know I am forgetting stuff but ill try and update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Put it in a rainy day fund

Take your family on a vacation

Put it in your kid's college fund

Buy gauges/monitor

Put it in your future bulletproofing fund

etc, etc, etc

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,770 Posts
Mentioned: 705 Post(s)
Quoted: 3962 Post(s)
put it in a savings account that 3300.00 $ won't give you lip and headaches when it comes time for a repair

it won't keep your truck in the shop waiting for an inspector

it won't ask for receipts and service records ( a friggin pain if you do your own service)

no one on here ever recommends aftermarket warranties. the only one worth extending is Oem

6.0 flush pdf
post #15 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:21 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wasted money on the warranty I got when I bought my truck years ago. The only thing I ever got repaired that was covered by the warranty was the rear main seal.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #16 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPatriot View Post
Did you have Route 66 warranty or someone else?

I am still on the fence about this

I have Main Street aka all of them.

Here is some of the things it covers and my paper says it covers more.
Still welcome on people input. If I do cancel it and get my 3,300.00 back what should I buy? (Dont say lift kits or tires, I want to keep my truck running good and safe....and I already have that stuff )

www . eastriverfcu . com/ Documents/Miscellaneous/Route66Brochure .aspx
Heres what I would do; Get a 30 psi gauge on that cooling system of your truck. Take it for a nice long drive and see what the pressure is. If its 8-12 psi I would rat hole that money for sure.

You can also look at the transmission to make sure its sound, which it most likely is. If that trucks been cared for and the head gaskets are good your nuts to buy ANY warranty.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3 CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4 Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4 SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too
post #17 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
The only thing I ever got repaired that was covered by the warranty was the rear main seal.

i bet it still cost you money ?

everytime i had my warranty cover something I was on the hook for some portion of the repair that was not covered

like evacuating and recharging the AC when they diod the compressor

or the dagas bottle that was not covered because Ford didn't call it an overflow and on and on

not to mention they only paid 75 bucks an hout and my Ford dealer was 110.00 so i paid the difference

6.0 flush pdf

Last edited by ZMANN; 07-02-2017 at 03:06 PM.
post #18 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
I had a Mopar warranty on my 6.0, bought the truck from a dodge dealer. It was power train plus. Covered 2 head jobs, 10 injectors, rear main seal, bed plate leak, inner axel seals, hpop replacement and a rental every time it was in the shop, which was a lot... I had a $50 deductible and I had to pay for bad sensors. They wouldn't pay for oringed heads, even after the second head job, had to buy my own arps. It was 4 years unlimited mileage for $2500.

But they still payed out more than I paid for the whole truck in 4 years.

Last edited by Durapig Eater; 07-02-2017 at 08:10 PM.
post #19 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 03:14 PM

NOTED

buy a 6.0 from a Dodge dealer and you can get a decent warranty
SparkyF250 likes this.

6.0 flush pdf
post #20 of 25 Old 07-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,070 Times in 999 Posts
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 2567 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
NOTED

buy a 6.0 from a Dodge dealer and you can get a decent warranty
Probably not anymore. I bet they learned their lesson with @Durapig Eater .

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode