LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 125 Old 07-27-2018, 05:14 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,042 Times in 938 Posts
Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like @bismic 's subtlety. I like bluntness, too. Not meanness. ...but bluntness. So, let's get on it.

You have a no start that appears to be have associated with it a low cranking RPM. So, it is logical to assume that either the battery/starter system isn't delivering, an accessory on the belt is slowing things up, or the engine itself is resisting.

Reread those three reasons if you have to. A low cranking RPM is one of those three.

We asked you to...
  • ...check all of your battery connections.
  • ...remove the belt and try a restart noting the difference in cranking RPM.
  • ...check for blow by.
  • ...report specific FICM and other voltages and sensor data during the starting process.

We asked you to do this because: a) it is the easiest way to actually move through the logical process, and b) it would give us some clues how to help you further.

What you did:
  • Added fuel.
  • Cranked until the batteries were low.
  • *Then* checked the wiring, found a loose cable, and tightened it.
  • Were unable to proceed further because you had already run down your batteries.

Okay. Here's the deal...

There are some people on here that want to fix their problems and there are others on here who merely want to complain about the bad hand that has been dealt to them by God Almighty himself. Don't be that second guy.

Grab your tools and do what was recommended in the order that it was recommended. ...or take it in and be done with it. There is no shame in taking it in. ...but asking for advice, ignoring the advice, and complaining about what *did* happen isn't a reasonable option, in my opinion.

You seem to be put off by the leak. I kinda get that. ...but that leak is not likely causing your no start. I recommend that you get it to start and shut it off when there is roughly 5x as much oil on the ground. At that point, the source should be obvious. Then, you can easily fix that.

About the particulars... If you don't know how to loosen the belt, just say so. It take a 1/2" breaker bar and a few minutes. There are any number of people on here willing to walk you through it. ...as long as you are not that second guy. But, you gotta ask.

Asking for hands-on help - which you just did - is a reasonable option, too. I especially believe this when people are physically unable to do what is asked. I would feel better about it, though, if it appeared that you made an attempt to do what was already recommended. It does not. In that regard, I am hoping that whomever *does* help you is willing to act on our recommendations.

I didn't read this whole thread. I only jumped on at this last no start. But - from the thread post count - I can assume that a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to help you. The onus is on you to make yourself worthy of their time and effort. Please do.

Again... I am not trying to be an a$$. I am trying to cut to the chase on this. You seem like a nice guy and that makes people want to help. I genuinely hope that this - along with everything else - does help.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I like @bismic 's subtlety. I like bluntness, too. Not meanness. ...but bluntness. So, let's get on it.

You have a no start that appears to be have associated with it a low cranking RPM. So, it is logical to assume that either the battery/starter system isn't delivering, an accessory on the belt is slowing things up, or the engine itself is resisting.

Reread those three reasons if you have to. A low cranking RPM is one of those three.

We asked you to...
  • ...check all of your battery connections.
  • ...remove the belt and try a restart noting the difference in cranking RPM.
  • ...check for blow by.
  • ...report specific FICM and other voltages and sensor data during the starting process.

We asked you to do this because: a) it is the easiest way to actually move through the logical process, and b) it would give us some clues how to help you further.

What you did:
  • Added fuel.
  • Cranked until the batteries were low.
  • *Then* checked the wiring, found a loose cable, and tightened it.
  • Were unable to proceed further because you had already run down your batteries.

Okay. Here's the deal...

There are some people on here that want to fix their problems and there are others on here who merely want to complain about the bad hand that has been dealt to them by God Almighty himself. Don't be that second guy.

Grab your tools and do what was recommended in the order that it was recommended. ...or take it in and be done with it. There is no shame in taking it in. ...but asking for advice, ignoring the advice, and complaining about what *did* happen isn't a reasonable option, in my opinion.

You seem to be put off by the leak. I kinda get that. ...but that leak is not likely causing your no start. I recommend that you get it to start and shut it off when there is roughly 5x as much oil on the ground. At that point, the source should be obvious. Then, you can easily fix that.

About the particulars... If you don't know how to loosen the belt, just say so. It take a 1/2" breaker bar and a few minutes. There are any number of people on here willing to walk you through it. ...as long as you are not that second guy. But, you gotta ask.

Asking for hands-on help - which you just did - is a reasonable option, too. I especially believe this when people are physically unable to do what is asked. I would feel better about it, though, if it appeared that you made an attempt to do what was already recommended. It does not. In that regard, I am hoping that whomever *does* help you is willing to act on our recommendations.

I didn't read this whole thread. I only jumped on at this last no start. But - from the thread post count - I can assume that a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to help you. The onus is on you to make yourself worthy of their time and effort. Please do.

Again... I am not trying to be an a$$. I am trying to cut to the chase on this. You seem like a nice guy and that makes people want to help. I genuinely hope that this - along with everything else - does help.

Iím fairly blunt too so I appreciate the response.
Yesterday I was just fed up. I walked away and started researching a little more before giving up and having it taken it.
I just moved and donít have all my tools just as of yet. So Iím working out of a 101 piece craftsman set. I have the batteries on the trickle and will take the belt off next then crank when I go back to it.

Again, thanks for the encouragement and Iíll get back with the requested information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nighthawk285 likes this.
post #123 of 125 Old 07-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,042 Times in 938 Posts
Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks, Ed, for taking my comment in the spirit that it was intended.

...and being without tools can be as bad of a circumstance as the physical limitations that I mentioned.

You'll get this sorted out.
nighthawk285 and TaintlessEd like this.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 125 Old 07-27-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintlessEd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Where you at in southern commiefornia?

Grand terrace

Just south of colton? That's about an hour and half away from me. Covina. I'm out of town till mid week. If you don't have any success over the weekend, I might be able to come give you a hand next week
djmaguire and TaintlessEd like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to repalmer For This Useful Post:
TaintlessEd (07-27-2018)
post #125 of 125 Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I'm newwwww, IDK what to doooo

After coming back from an unexpected ďvacationĒ, I said to hell with it and sent it in. I bought the ICP sensor/pigtail, ac compressor/pag/FOT and tensioner. The shop installed and the truck starts right up now.

AC clutch isnít engaging though. I guess itís time to break out the DMM ( checked and replaced the fuse. )

Last edited by TaintlessEd; 09-09-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode