post #191 of 229 Old 09-01-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 2880 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFX4 View Post
Or, as I look at it maybe just pull one of my filter lines and backflush from there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not if it's a bypass, to backflush you have to go in under the cap on the oil cooler. That's what the IPR manifold and the Extreme (fix-ur-6) adapter replaces. Gives you a straight shot thru the oil cooler.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

1991 F350 4x4, 7.3 IDI Flatbed, 5 speed...sold

2008 F250 SCLB 6.4...Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 229 Old 09-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK. Going outside to spec it out. When I did my homemade setup I used a filter block from a Class 8 truck dealer and that uses a filter with at least a 5/8Ē thread if not 3/4Ē. Iíll be changing the filter soon and Iíll check that.

post #193 of 229 Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Iím looking for pics on the web but guessing that your manifold mounted next to the rad has a spin on underneath?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 229 Old 09-02-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 2880 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFX4 View Post
Iím looking for pics on the web but guessing that your manifold mounted next to the rad has a spin on underneath?

That's an IPR full flow, cleanable filter. The spin on filters only have an 1/8" hole if you look inside. The manifold replaces the cap on the oil cooler, takes the coolant as it leaves the oil cooler, filters it before it goes into the EGR cooler. The only way to filter it before the oil cooler is with a relocate kit from BPD or IPR.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

1991 F350 4x4, 7.3 IDI Flatbed, 5 speed...sold

2008 F250 SCLB 6.4...Sold

post #195 of 229 Old 09-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
That's an IPR full flow, cleanable filter. The spin on filters only have an 1/8" hole if you look inside. The manifold replaces the cap on the oil cooler, takes the coolant as it leaves the oil cooler, filters it before it goes into the EGR cooler. The only way to filter it before the oil cooler is with a relocate kit from BPD or IPR.

There is no doubt that, that would be far superior to tapping the lines to the degas bottle. Which is what the sinister diesel product does. Got to wait till I get this miss and fuel pressure problem fixed. Then I will order one. I was looking at their website today at lunch.
SparkyF250 likes this.

Delos

2006 F250 King Ranch

2007 Ford Sport Trac

1991 Mustang GT Convertible
post #196 of 229 Old 09-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Ok,

Newbie here. Haven't bought my truck yet. Im just doing the research. MAN there is a lot to worry about...

Ive pretty much settled on a 6.0 because the "problems" seem like they have clear symptoms to look out for which means if your diligent, then you can fix things before they go too far south.

I have a question, I read (can't remember who's ) post that said to do the O-ring process when doing the head gaskets. What is that exactly? Is it literally just replacing every O-ring on the truck at that time or specifically O-rings on the fuel injectors etc because you have the heads out, you might as well kind of thing.

Or are there specifically O-rings on the heads that should be replaced or added? I'm just trying to get my self as "learned up" as I can before I jump in the deep end and buy one of these monsters....

Cheers everyone! Read through the whole Coolant Thread and boy is there a lot of good info in there. Thanks!

Josh
SparkyF250 likes this.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #197 of 229 Old 09-28-2018, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverjosh View Post
Ok,

Newbie here. Haven't bought my truck yet. Im just doing the research. MAN there is a lot to worry about...

Ive pretty much settled on a 6.0 because the "problems" seem like they have clear symptoms to look out for which means if your diligent, then you can fix things before they go too far south.

I have a question, I read (can't remember who's ) post that said to do the O-ring process when doing the head gaskets. What is that exactly? Is it literally just replacing every O-ring on the truck at that time or specifically O-rings on the fuel injectors etc because you have the heads out, you might as well kind of thing.

Or are there specifically O-rings on the heads that should be replaced or added? I'm just trying to get my self as "learned up" as I can before I jump in the deep end and buy one of these monsters....

Cheers everyone! Read through the whole Coolant Thread and boy is there a lot of good info in there. Thanks!

Josh
@roverjosh you may want to post up in the general section or use the search function. To answer your question, o-rings on the heads are usually in reference to having grooves cut around the valves on each cylinder. O rings are installed in the grooves prior to cylinder head installation, which compress and provide a better seal when the heads are torqued.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #198 of 229 Old 09-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,010 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 2402 Post(s)
Garage
O-ringed head.
SparkyF250 and voodooridr like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #199 of 229 Old 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
O-ringed head.
Too bad that's gotta be bolted on to an engine, that's pretty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
SparkyF250 likes this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #200 of 229 Old 09-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,010 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 2402 Post(s)
Garage
It's been bolted on for about 20k now. The head may not be as pretty anymore, but the lack of pressure in the cooling system makes up for it.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode