LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-26-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2ish" lift questions

I've been asking too many questions on the chat thread, many of which I can't keep up with so I'll just ask them here.

I have a 2006 F-250 FX4 that I want to lift it just enough to be at roughly the same height as the new trucks. My plan of action is to get a F-350 4" block and 2" lift coils in the front (maybe a coil spacer too if the coils don't lift enough).

With the front my question is, should I go for Rough Country 1.5" coils or Skyjacker 2" variable rate coils? Do you think I should get a 1" (or 1.5-2") spacer or wait to see how the coils turn out? Should I get new front shocks?

For the rear, I know I need new U-bolts so I'm going to get some custom made, should I go thicker than stock? The company I'm going through is a very reputable company so I'm not worried about quality issues as they do all the suspension work on the school buses in the district. do you think the 4" block will get me tall enough or should I plan on doing an add a leaf too? And lastly would I need new shocks (for just the block)?

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-26-2017, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Are you trying to do it as cheap as possible? Are you ok with a stiffer ride, or do you want to increase ride comfort?

If money is not an issue, I would look at the Carli suspension systems. This will also improve the ride quality, especially if you go with there full leaf packs in the rear.

If going for cheap, get coils spacers. I have rough country 2" spacers, and I am happy with how they made the stance on my F350. On a F250 you will be pretty close to level.

05 F350 4x4 Lariat SCLB SRW.....KC Turbo stage 1, tuned, 4" silverline turboback, o-ring heads, studs, egr bye-bye, blue spring,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass3222 View Post
Are you trying to do it as cheap as possible? Are you ok with a stiffer ride, or do you want to increase ride comfort?

If money is not an issue, I would look at the Carli suspension systems. This will also improve the ride quality, especially if you go with there full leaf packs in the rear.

If going for cheap, get coils spacers. I have rough country 2" spacers, and I am happy with how they made the stance on my F350. On a F250 you will be pretty close to level.
Money wasn't an issue until I looked at the Carli kit

Ideally I wouldn't be spending more than $750 for everything. As far as coils VS spacers, I'd rather a better ride quality though it is a 3/4 ton truck so I don't really care too much. I decided do go ahead and buy the Skyjacker 2" soft ride coils since I think that'll be a happy medium and if the rear is still too high I can go ahead and get the 1" or 2" spacers.

The coils were $230, I think the U-bolts will be around $60-75 and I'm just waiting on J.mo to find some time to get me his old blocks. Past that the killer on the budget is going to be shocks, I know Bilstein seemed to be top of the line for my last truck but I'm not sure what's best for these trucks. Like I said I like ride quality but I like function more than I care about ride quality. The Skyjacker nitro shocks would set me back $200 which is about the same as the Bilstein 5100 shocks.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode