3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problems with torque app

I just got my Elm 327 bluetooth today and i am trying to use the torque app on 03 psd. I watched DTR's video and added pids and got the powerstroke pid. My problem is it only sees coolant temp and boost my FMP says 5.2v and battery volts are 0.1. What is going on here i watch these videos and everyone says how easy it is but mine is fighting me WTF? I get not icp volts, no engine oil temp no ficm sync, no ipr percent and no icp pressure. I plug my SCT in and can get oil temp please help.

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,086 Times in 1,014 Posts
Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 2603 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It sounds like you didn't get the Ford specific PIDs loaded properly.

From the startup screen select the Gear icon then > Settings > Manage extra PIDs/Sensors > tap the 3 dot menu at the top right > Add predefined set > Ford (Incl Powerstroke)

That should load the PIDs for use, then you have to set up your gauge screens with what you want.

Realtime Information > select the screen you want > long press the screen > Add Display > Select the style you want > then scroll through the list and find the PID you want and select it > set the size of the gauge > position it on the screen.

If you do the above while connected, the valid PIDs will be highlighted in green when scrolling through the list to select. Those that aren't green are not available. You may have to wait a second or two between scrolls for them to turn green.

You may very well know all of the above and have a different issue, but I thought I'd post it for the next guy.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I did add the powerstroke pid's. Do i have to add them while connected to the bluetooth in the truck? I added them while sitting in my living room. Does it matter?

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
It does not matter if you add them while connected or while sitting on your couch. What does matter is whether or not you Torque Pro app is actually getting values from your OBDII adapter. that can only be fully checked while your vehicle is running and the Torque Pro app is running.

So, get everything set to go...vehicle running, app running, then try to add the gauge you want. Look through each screen of PIDs allowing a couple of seconds for them to show bright green, dark green, or stay blacked out.

If the PID you want remains blacked out, then the value is NOT being sent to the torque Pro app. In that case, if it's not there and SHOULD be, then it is most likely that the OBDII "elm 327" adapter is not sending that value.

Just because an adapter SAYS it's an elm327 and is ADVERTISED to work with Torque Pro does NOT mean it will present all the values you need. Lots of funky stuff going on in China with different manufacturers of it.

I use the BAFX Products version...it works for me and seems to work well for most. It's longer than the compact versions though and lots of folks don't like that it hangs down so far.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

I think it may be elm327 reason is all pids are green, and when looking at them in gauges i see a small green dot come and go on all except the hpop gauge. Then all the sudden the coolant gauge stops working. I am using a samsung tablet maybe that is the problem?

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
post #6 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to try it in my honda and see if it at least reads battery volts. If not then i'm sure its the odb bluetooth.

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
post #7 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Garage
I doubt it's your tablet unless you're running multiple apps. I use a Samsung tablet too. The values dropping out makes it sound like your adapter doesn't have the bandwidth needed.

Just for the fun of it, try deleting all your gauges from the real time monitor then add in one that you're having issues with. Then, one after the other, do the same thing with the other gauges you want making sure it is the only one running. That will help give you and idea of whether or not the gauge can work for you at all using your adapter.

After that, you can try first one gauge...then two...then three...etc to see how well your adapter keeps up.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoyote View Post
It does not matter if you add them while connected or while sitting on your couch. What does matter is whether or not you Torque Pro app is actually getting values from your OBDII adapter. that can only be fully checked while your vehicle is running and the Torque Pro app is running.

So, get everything set to go...vehicle running, app running, then try to add the gauge you want. Look through each screen of PIDs allowing a couple of seconds for them to show bright green, dark green, or stay blacked out.

If the PID you want remains blacked out, then the value is NOT being sent to the torque Pro app. In that case, if it's not there and SHOULD be, then it is most likely that the OBDII "elm 327" adapter is not sending that value.

Just because an adapter SAYS it's an elm327 and is ADVERTISED to work with Torque Pro does NOT mean it will present all the values you need. Lots of funky stuff going on in China with different manufacturers of it.

I use the BAFX Products version...it works for me and seems to work well for most. It's longer than the compact versions though and lots of folks don't like that it hangs down so far.
I think your right about the adapter not sending the info. Some of the powerstroke pids were green and some were not. Ficm sync was green but doesn't say anything. I will buy another one, which one do you suggest?

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
post #9 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 04:17 PM

Garage
post #10 of 13 Old 01-20-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoyote View Post
I just bought it. The cheap blue one i bought off ebay read and cleared a code on my honda. But like you said it i bet it doesn't have the bandwidth for the powerstroke pid's
renoyote likes this.

2003 F250 SD
6 inch lift
37x13.50x20
4 inch turbo back
Coolant filter
AFE intake
SCT X3
Blue spring mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode