"Must do" mods? - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1215 Post(s)
Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Smart phone can't to egts's or fuel without a lot of time a patience programming the sensors in.

There are 1000's of 6 leaker on the road not bullet proofed with a few hundred thousand miles on them. Rattlesnake's is one of them.

Sure, get rid of the EGR, but why do the cooler if the deltas are fine. Maybe it was already replaced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Smart phone can't to egts's or fuel without a lot of time a patience programming the sensors in.

There are 1000's of 6 leaker on the road not bullet proofed with a few hundred thousand miles on them. Rattlesnake's is one of them.

Sure, get rid of the EGR, but why do the cooler if the deltas are fine. Maybe it was already replaced.

I've got 15 to 20 buddy that have 6.0 all of them have over 125000mile, there's only 2 of us that are studded.
post #23 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 10:16 AM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've got just under 175k on my truck with stock HGs and TTYs.
john galt likes this.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemorgan3 View Post
I don't understand how you guys aren't screaming STUDS/HEADGASKETS/UPGRADED OR DELETED EGR and OIL COOLER and the right coolant??? This guy wants his truck to be as reliable as possible, the are the KNOWN weak components of the 6.0..

IMO, purchasing a $$$ monitor that can't really do anything that a smart phone and bluetooth OBDII connector can is not really the right thing to suggest. A CTS Edge can tune and data log right? This in no way makes a 6.0 reliable. I can understand wanting to monitor certain things, but a $15 OBDII connector and a smartphone with the Torque APP can do everything but tune. If he isn't into the ability to switch between multiple tunes quickly, a high dollar monitor is poorly spent money.

A new oil cooler, EGR delete and if the coolant pressures are elevated even a little, studs and head gaskets because it will need them eventually anyway. Maybe go ahead and replace the alternator (that was the 1st thing to die on my 6.0) and carry a few key sensors in the toolbox with you. Other than that, you can address the turbo cleaning if it needs it and maybe send the ECU and FICM to Power Hungry Performance and have them bench tune it. You can pick up some MPG's and improve the general drivability of the truck with $300 in tuning with them.

Forget the CTS EDGE and buy a couple of Glocks if a trip to South America is really in order, they will serve a much better purpose.
I decided against the torque pro app just because it drains my phone battery fast, and I want something dedicated to the truck.

Any idea how much a new oil cooler and EGR delete will run me installed?

I also have dual alternators, should I replace both of them while I'm at it and just keep the old ones as spares in the toolbox?

Someone linked me to a FICM tuner from power hunger performance, if I get this would it monitor my EGTs, coolant temp, trans temp, etc?
post #25 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 10:24 AM

Look at the bpd vk688 oem oil cooler relocation, they were doing a $340 discount using Vince code for powerstroke.org members.

Coolant-to-Liquid Oil Coolers
john galt and Cornbread like this.
post #26 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1215 Post(s)
Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Instead you could do the Insight CTS2 PRO from PHP then also add the EAS Comp kit. It comes with tunes also. I do carry these now. I forgot off hand the price.

john galt likes this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #27 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 11:38 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3174 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMc View Post
I have the original CTS like yours. Do a software update on it and you can get the screen that displays 10 pids at once and the truck leveling pitch and roll indicators. I think you'll like it. Ever since I updated it, that's the only screen I use anymore. Last time I updated it was a few weeks ago and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade it with tuning capabilities. I declined since I figured if I had it, I might be tempted to use it!
thank you!!!! I wrote edge and asked that very question and never head back so i left it in the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Wow... how in the hell did I screw up that tag?
you have read MY typing and still have to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
I decided against the torque pro app just because it drains my phone battery fast, and I want something dedicated to the truck.

Any idea how much a new oil cooler and EGR delete will run me installed?

I also have dual alternators, should I replace both of them while I'm at it and just keep the old ones as spares in the toolbox?

Someone linked me to a FICM tuner from power hunger performance, if I get this would it monitor my EGTs, coolant temp, trans temp, etc?
yhou can get a much bigger screen tablet and dedicate that to the truck. along with a charge cable easy peasy
the only reason i did not recommend it right away is the difficulty adding egt and fuel pressure probes but as I dont have one perhaps I should keep that idea to my self and let someone else who has done it speak on the subject...
one of our regulars has a very ice set up but i forget who

I really have no knowledge of dual alts other than there are guide to replace them with a single set up...which didnt speak highly to me about running a dual but again I should let someone with direct experience speak as to the virtues of both systems

Quote:
Instead you could do the Insight CTS2 PRO from PHP then also add the EAS Comp kit. It comes with tunes also. I do carry these now. I forgot off hand the price.

this may be the way of the future. It changes the way tunes are written and for that reason I am interested in the final outcome.

seems someone asked about the ficm tuner and yes it can monitor some but last i looked they were the pre cts edge and only did four pids...the more the merrier
I have heard great things about ficm tuners and will get one when my budget allows but for now I am just day to day and hoping to make it out alive and into the trump era and see if we can't get a little recovery in our "recovery"
323flint likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #28 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Thank you, I'm not too interested in tuning the truck, just being able to monitor the vitals.
post #29 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 11:50 AM
DMc
6.2 Convert

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
thank you!!!! I wrote edge and asked that very question and never head back so i left it in the truck
I just figured you don't update very often since your internet consists of two tin cans and a piece of string!

2018 F250 4X4 CC LB 6.2
2004 F250 4X4 CC SB Sold (Miss you Sarah!)
post #30 of 102 Old 12-18-2016, 11:51 AM

If ur going to buy a cts try and get one from [email protected] he's a site sponsor and you will get a real warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode