Torque Pro PID question - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 11-25-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you, the torque forum is a pain to search through, I don't know how you manage it.

So with no guarantee of accuracy, I wonder how I could verify its accuracy and adjust the formulas. I'll add those two and give them a try. I'm guessing the easiest way would be to set it back to a stock tune and see if they match what my stock values give me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 11-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The ICPv appears to be pretty close. I get ~0.24v at KOEO and ~0.80v at idle with ECT at about 150°. I'll test it a bit more when I drive next time.

The pressure PID is another story, it seems a bit low to me. I think it was in the 500s and even down into the 400s at idle. So it may still need some tweaking. I found both PIDs here: https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpfor...opic&t=6442.00 and a reference to a thread by @bismic on FTE where he and @Lilpooh were discussing it for the Dashboss. It would be cool if one of them chimed in. If you're on stock tuning, you should get better coorelation.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #13 of 18 Old 11-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 938 Posts
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yes, you won't get good results at lower pressures with a linear equation because the ICP pressure-to-voltage curve it not terribly linear down there.

The PCM can handle it because it is put in the form of a map - like everything in a PCM.

You could piecewise-linearize it for Torque by breaking the curve into two regions. ...but you'll still have deviations - particularly at the intersection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ps60_061.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	578865  

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLink™ LX, Autometer EGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 11-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am playing around with torque pro pids and also have noticed problems. Not all formulas work all the time. I have both wifi and Bluetooth dongles and use ipad and android operating systems and not everything works easily. Formulas need tweaking.
post #15 of 18 Old 11-25-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
The ICPv appears to be pretty close. I get ~0.24v at KOEO and ~0.80v at idle with ECT at about 150°. I'll test it a bit more when I drive next time.

The pressure PID is another story, it seems a bit low to me. I think it was in the 500s and even down into the 400s at idle. So it may still need some tweaking. I found both PIDs here: https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpfor...opic&t=6442.00 and a reference to a thread by @bismic on FTE where he and @Lilpooh were discussing it for the Dashboss. It would be cool if one of them chimed in. If you're on stock tuning, you should get better coorelation.
Im on a PHP tune currently. At idle, the ICPv Pressure PID routinely will drop below 400psi, and I believe if that was true, wouldnt the engine cutoff? As far as Im aware, 500psi is the minimum to keep the engine running? So, it being low wouldnt surprise me. But as the other poster after you said, it isnt exactly linear.
post #16 of 18 Old 11-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
500 psi is required to crank, not to run. Granted, I doubt you'll run long staying under 500psi,but it won't just shut off. I ran a test and changed the equation based on the info by @bismic and the numbers look quite a bit better. I haven't driven it yet, but the idle and high idle numbers seemed more reasonable. The equation is ugly and could probably be simplified, but it was late and Anheuser-Busch gave their blessing.

(38.033*(((((A*256)+B)*(72/10000))/100)^2)))+(666.07*(((A*256)+B)*(72/10000)/100))

I agree with @djmaguire , deriving the pressure from this voltage reading will only be close and it will be somewhat erratic due to minor voltage changes resulting in more drastic pressure changes, but it's more accurate than the built-in HPOP PID if you're running a tune. (At least once the equation is input properly)

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by G8orFord; 11-26-2016 at 05:43 AM.
post #17 of 18 Old 02-13-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Garage
Welp, I have a new phone now and lost some of my custom PIDs and cant figure out how to change the headers and formulas for the PIDs native to Torque Pro.

Anyone got the FICM and PCM sync PIDs? I for the life of me cant remember where I got those ones from. Ive found most of my other PIDs.
post #18 of 18 Old 02-13-2017, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Garage
Nvm, found 'em all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode