Here's some of the few pictures I stopped to take while working on the truck.
1a - I spent a lot of time cleaning the engine after I got it taken apart. I think those efforts are worth a picture to start out with. I also saved the oil change for the end so that anything that went down in the block would go out with the old oil. I left the old head bolts in to ensure less stuff would get down in the bolt holes and only took them out when it was time to work in that area. Keeping the bolts in the holes also helped push some of the oil out of the holes and reduced the amount of time I had to spend cleaning out the holes.
1b - a lesson learned: if I had to do it again, before putting the heads back on I would connect the IPR plug and lay the rest of the injector harness on top of the dash area by the windshield wipers. This would be to prevent me forgetting to hook it up again and have everything in place. This is a step to prevent my forgetfulness. I would suggest everyone else do this step immediately after the heads are on and torqued down. Work your way from the back of the engine to the front during reassembly (ya kinda have to anyway, but I tend to get excited and forget steps occasionally and have to go back and redo some things because of incorrect order of assembly).
2 - Here is a comparison of the old STC fitting (still mounted on HP pump) and the new solid single-piece fitting that replaced it. Kit came with the alignment tool, made it fairly easy to replace.
I watched FordTechMakuloco's video on how to do it:
3 - Here's a picture of the part number from the replacement dipstick I got from the dealership. This is for the T-handle stick, not the loop type.
4 - Here's a comparison shot of the early OEM style glow plug harness versus the updated newer type. The first connector I tried to pull out crumbled from age/brittleness, this shot is of the rear plug connector that came out a little easier. The tool to remove them goes in the slot just below the belt-buckle looking piece on the body of the plug. At the top you can see where I got angry and just yanked the rest of the old harness out when the first one crumbled. The newer one has a lot more material above to the tool slot to prevent that problem. I ended up spending another $60 on replacement harnesses from RockAuto. But, in retrospect, it was worth the money to replace the old harness and if I ever come across one of these old ones again I'm going to get rid of it and replace it with a newer one.
If I had been more knowledgeable on working on this engine before I started the work I would have stopped to take more pictures. However, I was learning as I went along and having to do a lot of homework/internet research. So from now on, there will be plenty of pictures taken as I continue the upgrade phases on this truck.
NOTE: I have confirmed it is my hydroboost lines that are leaking. So for future reference, if anyone is going to do the in-cab head gasket work like I did, you don't have to disconnect the power steering pump, just dismount if from the block and move it off to the side before lowering the driver's side of the engine. This may also make it easier to get to the engine mount bolts on the front. If you leave it connected you'll stretch the lines like I did.
I hope this helps you guys some.