77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Forum not as active as I remember?

So I took a break from the forum for a few months due to not having a truck for a while. Anyways I've been back for a few days now and it seems that the forum isn't as active as it used to be? Some of the regular members I used to see aren't logging in anymore and threads/posts don't happen as frequently as I remember.

Any reason why the forum seems to have lost some activity? I'm not complaining, I'm just genuinely curious. Life getting busier? Selling trucks and not coming back to the forum?

Anyways, it's good to be back on the org!
SparkyF250 likes this.

-Tom
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 King Ranch. 314k Miles. Fully deleted and Studded.
2014 Shelby GT500
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
I really think the previous owner should be kicked in the crotch by a buffalo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2566 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really haven't noticed a major lag in activity. There are days when I say "wow, where is everybody", but then there are days I can't keep up with all of the posts. There are a few of the longtime members that haven't been on in a while, @Lilpooh comes to mind, but I think he was having "real life" issues that needed to be dealt with. Others have moved on to 6.7's, etc. and some probably just have actual lives. Me, not so much, so I keep coming back.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 06:24 AM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. The trucks are either 13 or 9 years old now.
2. Being on here makes me want to do mods

coolant-filter-EGR delete-blue spring-ARP's-BPD oil cooler-5in exhaust-horn blasters shocker kit-SCT running SRL++-beans tank sump-BPD water pump-and 4x4 complete
DEUS VULT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Anti-Hashtag Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Ive been on deployment, so yea that put a damper on things.

Only two defining forces have ever died for you, one died for your soul, and the other died for your freedom. They are Jesus Christ and the American Military Service member. So, pray to God for your soul, and Thank a Veteran for the right to do so.

2007 King Ranch CC F-350 SRW

Performance Machines EGR Delete
Performance Machines Coolant Filter
Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
post #5 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
I really haven't noticed a major lag in activity. There are days when I say "wow, where is everybody", but then there are days I can't keep up with all of the posts. There are a few of the longtime members that haven't been on in a while, @Lilpooh comes to mind, but I think he was having "real life" issues that needed to be dealt with. Others have moved on to 6.7's, etc. and some probably just have actual lives. Me, not so much, so I keep coming back.
I no there is alot of forum member that went other place. Lot of it is bc the thing u said that were true on the ficm thread the other day lol

Last edited by 323flint; 08-15-2016 at 07:10 AM.
post #6 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 06:51 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Thanked 1,177 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
A little bit of all-of-the-above for sure. Another big thing is FB...A LOT of people have left online forums for FB. Huge exposure, no CoC or mods to tell them what to do, and don't need a crap site like photobucket to share their pics. The downside is then that there's a crappy search function, no organization to find threads/problems based on what you're looking for, and you're constantly being sold something (not that that doesn't happen here). I tried being in one of these groups and helping people out there but that only lasted a month. I could go into details, but probably not worth it lol.

FWIW, this isn't the only forum that has a lot less traffic nowadays. I'm a member on a couple other forums as well and there's at least 1-2 of these threads in every one.

Edit: And I'm there's miscommunications in there somewhere with members that makes people mad and turns them away.....for example an injector thread in the for sale section that I'm in currently and was trying to help a guy out on why he hadn't had any bites on his ad to which he now seems to think I'm telling him to give his 90,000 mile injectors away for free . And there's a little more gruff from the long time members that have seen threads like "buying a 6.0, what should I look for" or, "what should my deltas be" or "who makes the best delete kit" way too many times, so when someone new asks the question without searching and then they get a little burned from it, it turns people off. I'm guilty of it too I know....but it's still true.

2017 F250 CCLB KR "Nighthawk" Edition.....goodies to come.

Last edited by nighthawk285; 08-15-2016 at 07:01 AM.
post #7 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 AM
Don't you worry about it

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
I agree, facebook is going to be the death of the forums. I spend way more time on the facebook pages than here. It's just a much faster paced way to help and get help. However there are still rules and butthole admins lol. Also seems to be a lot more people in facebook land that think they know what they are talking about when they in fact know nothing.

2014 Platipus
AP Intake
Spartan EZLYNK
4" Dual Exhaust
4" BDS with Fox shocks and PMF stage 2 traction blocks
post #8 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 AM

And one final thought on the flip side of that "search" coin. There's a TON of people that DO use the search function and can find everything that they want to know on these 10+ year old platforms. They're able to go through and read enough threads to develop their plan of action and execute it with no need to post at all.

For instance, to help cut down on spam posts, the policy in the for sale section was recently changed to where a poster needs to at least have 30 posts before they can sell something in the member classifieds section. When the AutoGuide folks checked the memberships of the site, this is what they found....

"Roughly 12K of 168K users with 30 or more posts is correct. The number may be a couple thousand more because the promotion script does not include banned and premium members"

That means that there's roughly 156,000 members on this site that have posted less than 30 times but at least at some point were actively searching, reading, etc., and that's not including guests.

LOL Keith on that last sentence........so true, and one of the reasons that I just couldn't cut it there.
Heavy_GD likes this.

Last edited by nighthawk285; 08-15-2016 at 07:16 AM.
post #9 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2566 Post(s)
Garage
Eeeeww! FB is ok for keeping up with old friends, spewing your political views and showing everyone your freshly grilled steak, but it's nowhere near as good as a forum for help and information purposes. Maybe I'm just too old.
mudmaster, jd4010, Boog and 3 others like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #10 of 45 Old 08-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Hahaha agreed.
SparkyF250 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode