Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General 6.0L Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/)
-   -   6.0 Chat Thread (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/1149313-6-0-chat-thread.html)

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 07:54 AM

6.0 Chat Thread
 
Alright, since nobody else has done it yet, I guess it's up to me to start this one. That way we can get back to "on topic" in the "what did you do" thread :lol: No topics in particular required.........if it doesn't take off I'll kill it, otherwise I figure it may help wrangle in a couple of the other threads. Up to you guys though.

So there's the awkward start haha.....

Sock Puppet 07-20-2016 08:06 AM

Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 08:10 AM

Lol nope, that's fine with me.....high traffic exposure, with no topic for any/all answers and/or generic discussion....that's what I had in mind lol.

Do you NEED to? No....the 6.0 starters are just fine and have been used for years. Do you WANT a faster, higher RPM start? Then absolutely now sounds like a great time to do the swap. If you want new OEM, I'd go with either Sunrise or ANWBL here from the supporting vendor section.

Heavy_GD 07-20-2016 08:11 AM

488 Attachment(s)
Sounds like "preventive maintenance" to me...

Some people cant justify replacing good parts, others are in the mindset that "while you have it apart fix it all"

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 08:12 AM

Just depends on what your budget is like and what you want out of your truck :dunno:

Speaking of...I have a 6.4 starter that needs rebuilt sitting on my bench that I have had since early last year....maybe it's time to finally get that done.

Scooter99 07-20-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock Puppet (Post 13875065)
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.

I got mine off of ebay, from a puck and pull type place for like $60 shipped. One of the best swaps I've ever done. I recharged my batteries at the same time too so i had to stop myself from sitting in the driveway starting it a bunch of times. I was so excited by the power starting. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

cthurston09 07-20-2016 08:41 AM

Now we have a new goal to get another thread to 50k posts haha

Scooter99 07-20-2016 08:47 AM

Question guys, I read somewhere the adapter for the fuel sensor on the bowl is a 12-1.5. I have the adapter set. What do i do to install? Just remove the plug and let it drain and install the sensor? Or is there any other special thing I'll need to do. I mean, I know thread locker, o-ring on the adapter, etc. But is it that simple?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sock Puppet 07-20-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter99 (Post 13875361)
i had to stop myself from sitting in the driveway starting it a bunch of times. I was so excited by the power starting. Lol.

This is classic "you might have a problem if...":rofl::rofl:

portcity_gt 07-20-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock Puppet (Post 13875065)
Good idea.

Didn't want to start a thread for this so I'll leave it here. Do I really need to mess with a starter upgrade to a 6.4 or 6.7 model? No starting issues, but my stocker doesn't exactly spin like mad, either. I have to pull it to install my Fumoto block drain so I figure that is the time to do it. I know to avoid the Chinese aftermarket junk, so where is the best place to score an OEM unit?

(If this isn't what you had in mind for this thread, nuke this post for me por favor.

Depends on if you want your truck to start like this...

Scooter99 07-20-2016 09:08 AM

I like mine too. http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...h_MVI_3867.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter99 (Post 13875409)
Question guys, I read somewhere the adapter for the fuel sensor on the bowl is a 12-1.5. I have the adapter set. What do i do to install? Just remove the plug and let it drain and install the sensor? Or is there any other special thing I'll need to do. I mean, I know thread locker, o-ring on the adapter, etc. But is it that simple?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Just for a longevity purpose, maybe look at the FP sensor relocation hose? IIRC it's a Driven Diesel product. I just know that the elect. FP sensors don't seem to like the vibration in that area over a couple years.....

Ford diesel girl 07-20-2016 09:26 AM

:look: :look:

waggonerj 07-20-2016 09:31 AM


Scooter99 07-20-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk285 (Post 13875537)
Just for a longevity purpose, maybe look at the FP sensor relocation hose? IIRC it's a Driven Diesel product. I just know that the elect. FP sensors don't seem to like the vibration in that area over a couple years.....

Ok, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Beerbait 07-20-2016 11:17 AM

Gas $173 at Costco yesterday why is diesel still $229 ????

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 11:18 AM

Supply/demand/taxes/because they can lol.

G8orFord 07-20-2016 11:30 AM

FOMO post and not 6.0 related.

I just ran down a parasitic draw on my '07 Expedition. It was the subwoofer/amp circuit and the third fuse I pulled. :woot:
My lazy azz has been screwing around for the past month or two just sticking a 2 amp charger on it overnight instead of taking 15 minutes to find it. Of course, it could have taken a lot longer and it's still not truly fixed. I'm not even sure at this point where the amp is or what it's going to take to get to it. Even then, will it be the amp itself or will I have to chase a harness. For now, my "still lazy" azz is just going to leave the fuse out.

#chatthreadmembersince13:30_072016

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 11:33 AM

Did you really just hashtag that post? smdh lol.....

G8orFord 07-20-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk285 (Post 13876569)
Did you really just hashtag that post? smdh lol.....

You noticed.

LOL, I thought it would probably get someone's attention. I didn't really have anything to add to the current line of discussion, so I thought it might get a :hehe: or a :doh:. Turns out maybe it will be more of a :pointlaugh:

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 11:50 AM

You had to have known going into it that it would have been a :pointlaugh: lol

G8orFord 07-20-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighthawk285 (Post 13876713)
You had to have known going into it that it would have been a :pointlaugh: lol

Yeah, but I figured it would be @Heavy_GD leading the bashing.:punish2:

Scooter99 07-20-2016 12:21 PM

G8or, is that an oem amp/sub or aftermarket? Wondering how it qould draw any power if it wasn't on. Oem I guess I could see. But aftermarket is power/ground/remote wire and the remote wire is the only thing that should have any signal to tell the amp to turn on.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Six0~Stroker 07-20-2016 12:42 PM

Hello.....


its me.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backhoebill 07-20-2016 12:55 PM

How do I get back out of here?!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kafleming19 07-20-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backhoebill (Post 13877153)
How do I get back out of here?!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Don't ask @toren302 as his "backing" up skills suck. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

waggonerj 07-20-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker (Post 13877097)
Hello.....


its me.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet

6.0Stroker 07-20-2016 01:10 PM

.... :look:

waggonerj 07-20-2016 01:13 PM

That's the next verse... :hehe:

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 01:14 PM

Uh huh.....sure :supergay:

kafleming19 07-20-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waggonerj (Post 13877201)
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet



If you own sheep I'm sure he'd be heading your way. :hehe::look:

waggonerj 07-20-2016 01:19 PM

Woah.. Adele never said anything about sheep. Im out.

6.0Stroker 07-20-2016 01:19 PM

its sad you know the next verse

waggonerj 07-20-2016 01:21 PM

I work in an office building and my desk is under a speaker. I don't have a choice. lol

kafleming19 07-20-2016 01:21 PM

Oh.... Lol. You're talking about a song.

kafleming19 07-20-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waggonerj (Post 13877313)
I work in an office building and my desk is under a speaker. I don't have a choice. lol



ear phones or tune it out!

Six0~Stroker 07-20-2016 01:23 PM

LOL!!!
Glad I got this off topic shiznit started.....
:hehe:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nighthawk285 07-20-2016 01:25 PM

This is the most active you've been in months.....

waggonerj 07-20-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafleming19 (Post 13877329)
ear phones or tune it out!

I don't hear it anymore, after 3 years of the same 10 songs playing all day your ears just kinda go numb. LOL Can't wait to get out of here, a week and a half and I'll be listening to diesels and air tools all day. :please:

Six0~Stroker 07-20-2016 01:28 PM

Sorry...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vB.Sponsors
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome