Premium Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsfield18 View Post
Are the Milwaukee Fuel cordless ratchets any good? If so, is it best to get a 3/8" with adapters for 1/2" and 1/4" or just get a 1/2" with a 3/8" adapter?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have both the 3/8" and the 1/4" drive versions (non-Fuel). Honestly, there's not a lot of difference in the size of them. The 1/4" has a slightly smaller head, as you would expect, but the body of them is identical. The 3/8" gets a lot of use. It beats the crap out of dragging an air hose around and trying to get into tight spaces. I generally keep the 1/4" under the back seat of the truck for on road use, so it doesn't see a lot of action.

I don't see a lot of need for the 1/2" drive version. On the few occasions I may need the 1/2" drive, the 3/8" with an adapter can be used.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34602 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
I have both the 3/8" and the 1/4" drive versions (non-Fuel). Honestly, there's not a lot of difference in the size of them. The 1/4" has a slightly smaller head, as you would expect, but the body of them is identical. The 3/8" gets a lot of use. It beats the crap out of dragging an air hose around and trying to get into tight spaces. I generally keep the 1/4" under the back seat of the truck for on road use, so it doesn't see a lot of action.

I don't see a lot of need for the 1/2" drive version. On the few occasions I may need the 1/2" drive, the 3/8" with an adapter can be used.
Exactly my thoughts as well! I love having one in the truck and so far the battery is holding up well enough in the heat,

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

post #34603 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
My son has had the 3/8” stubby for a couple months now, and it rips lug nuts off the F250. My 1400lb hi-torque unit is as strong as my 3/4” Ingersoll 2145qi, and will get most things, even on my equipment. I agree about not having the fuel ratchet. I bought the standard M12 because it is more “petite”. Not as strong, but no regrets. It still can be tight, only showing that the fuel version wouldn’t work in some spots. Home Depot has a bunch of “buy this and get free this” deals, including some batteries for free. They usually have the best pricing, and are 10% off for vets. My 9amp batteries will run my large leaf blowers for over an hour straight.
That 3/8" stubby is an fantastic tool! I love mine.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34604 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 07:19 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Garage
PSA:
For anyone wanting the best OBDII dongle for the money (personal opinion). You can get an OBDLink MX+ on Amazon right now for $60.00. It's normally $80.00.

Edit: Forgot the link...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by G8orFord; 12-02-2019 at 07:26 AM.
post #34605 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3345 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well! I love having one in the truck and so far the battery is holding up well enough in the heat,
Agree on the batteries. Temps don't seem to bother them much, hot or cold.
bismic and john galt like this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #34606 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 09:40 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post

@Toren recommended the 1/4 because the torque was so close to the same and the head fits into smaller spots.
i went with it and love it
i have a 3/8 adapter that fits right over the 1/4 and it just works great.
bonus i bought the m12 impact and got the wrench for free amazing deal
i will grab the 3/8 at some point too because i like the idea of having both on hand but it makes things easier and faster...win win
i would like to get an m 18 imact at some point too. those things are amazing but even my little m12 puts out at least 100fp and i got no complaints there so

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Agree on the batteries. Temps don't seem to bother them much, hot or cold.
mine lasted all summer and now are out there freezing and still holding a charge great
i am way more impressed with these things than i expected to be
bismic, SparkyF250 and mbsfield18 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 12-02-2019 at 09:43 AM.
post #34607 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM

The 3/8" mid-torque (friction ring) M18 impact is next on my list. 450 ft-lbs. Hoping for a good sale somewhere!

Mark
No-start thread:

post #34608 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
rolled over 180K miles today

post #34609 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
FICM Sync 0.0 ... FMP 48 volts

Recently purchased 2006 250 6.0 266,000 miles ran for a couple of weeks than died
former owner recommended shop that diagnosed 1 bad injector so they replaced
it and supposedly installed new seals on all injectors former owner handled transaction
First day after driving about 5 miles it stalled.It started and I limped home losing power.
Have been doing much diligence and am learning
Diesel Tech Ron has educated
me considerably ...God Bless Him how terrible to lose such a generous expert.and Kind man.
Wise men seek council ...I am seeking ...
Tested fuel pressure it was 70 under load ... have basic understanding of HPOS
Have replaced ICP sensor and pigtail
Using Torque Pro App
FICM Main Power 48.5
ICP 2.5 Volts key on goes to 10 even higher when engine runs
FICM Sync 0.0 no Value understand I need 1.0 or yes value to confirm signals from Crank and Cam positioning sensors
IPR goes to 84 understand 85 is closed and signals dumping of pressure
ICP is less than very low today started building at 30 and after much cranking built to 500 and started and engine surged ICP got to 1500 and than dropped causing stall it sounded like there was no oil in it when engine surged I know I need 500 PSI just to start
Am going to install new dummy plugs stand pipes and all seals including nipple with new STC seals and clean and rebuild IPR new screen and o rings
Have not air tested it yet will do this week just figured to do it all
have had 12 volts battery but I know 1 is weak will replace
Am I missing anything....thanks much for any and all input ...I am the guy who dropped the thermostat housing bolt into the block did get it out...

Last edited by Apache Sun; 12-02-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add info
post #34610 of 35051 Old 12-02-2019, 06:57 PM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
Quoted: 2215 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife96 View Post
rolled over 180K miles today
Haha, me too.
john galt, SparkyF250 and trife96 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , is john galt a bunghole ? , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode