6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3425 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 59125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #34241 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 04:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We made it to the smokies! Truck did pretty good. Didn't get the fuel mileage I was hoping ,but it was still decent pulling 8k through the mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34242 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 06:41 AM

Forgot to ask. Don't have right turn signal, or brake lights on the camper. Any ideas? Fuses looked all good unless I missed one. Camper has new plug to.
post #34243 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
Forgot to ask. Don't have right turn signal, or brake lights on the camper. Any ideas? Fuses looked all good unless I missed one. Camper has new plug to.
Bulbs would be the first thing I would check/change. Then check all grounds and wiring - on both truck and trailer sides. Got DVM?

-jokester
john galt likes this.

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34244 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
sounds like this was all figued but i had a drain i couldnt find. turned out the glove box switch was funky and the light was staying on

fixed it by putting a sticky foot for the lap top on the inside of the door where the switch hit

i ignore mine entirely...always says 11.5 to 13 in winter with war up times etc

sort of a long story i will try to give the reader digest version.

our eldest sons first car was a 90 geo storm gsi i hated it at first but damn if it wasnt a blast to drive and between 38 and 42 mpg

anyways gave it to our grand son who sold it a few years ago son just found it and bought it back and it looks like it will live up here for a while...

it needs some work. but, i am thinking of replacing the motor and installing a turbo ...you know for better mpg

i think jmo had led dash lights and he liked em mine came wth blue lights i love but i have never disected the dash to have to change them ...yet

find a diesel shop along the way and see if they have one or can get you one by the time you are passing through

and if you are anywhere near corey ....go with that

worked for me...and thanks for the archoil and mobil one change

i got one that now lives in the wifes suburban but i think it was like 80 bcks on sale at autozone

thing i hate is they are too damn bright

i like my old cts just works great 6 years no troubles

ok i gotta try to sleep had a wierd thing happen today helping an elderly neighbor with her wood supply and trailer unplugging and it wouldnt come an then...anyways bar on her trailer busted my thumb but it seems like it broke it back in such a way as to repair an older break from years ago

srill hurts like hell but still feels better if that makes sense
Ya know you can change color and brightness on the sc2, just go into the settings. I can't recall the exact way but ill look at mine next chance i get and let you know.

Sent from a galaxy far far away
john galt likes this.

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #34245 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 08:56 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3174 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Ya know you can change color and brightness on the sc2, just go into the settings. I can't recall the exact way but ill look at mine next chance i get and let you know.

Sent from a galaxy far far away
ok...
here is where i feel like a dumb azz
i didnt even think of that.
i'll tinker.
i like it fine for the suburban but i prefer the cts with quad pillar set up in the truck.
that said turning down the brightness a bit would be a good idea i never played with anything but pids

my damn thumb is driving me nuts but i still think it is going to be better if i can get it to heal right

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #34246 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester00 View Post
Bulbs would be the first thing I would check/change. Then check all grounds and wiring - on both truck and trailer sides. Got DVM?

-jokester
Bulbs beens replaced first thing I did...worked with my old truck. So leads me to believe its something on the truck itself.
john galt likes this.
post #34247 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 12:27 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Public Service Announcement: I went to the local Tractor Supply browsing around. Went thru the oils/fluids isle to see they had those huge 2.5 gallon Rot T6 priced at like $44 ea. Then I noticed they had a mail in rebate card for the Rot T stuff. Seems as the big 2.5 gallon containers can get $17.50 ea back on a limit of two per household (and other restrictions...etc etc etc). Seems like a good deal.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyAssault For This Useful Post:
jokester00 (10-11-2019)
post #34248 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Public Service Announcement: I went to the local Tractor Supply browsing around. Went thru the oils/fluids isle to see they had those huge 2.5 gallon Rot T6 priced at like $44 ea. Then I noticed they had a mail in rebate card for the Rot T stuff. Seems as the big 2.5 gallon containers can get $17.50 ea back on a limit of two per household (and other restrictions...etc etc etc). Seems like a good deal.

I miss TSC. We have Wilco and Coastal Farm & Ranch out here...

-jokester
HeavyAssault and john galt like this.

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
post #34249 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
Bulbs beens replaced first thing I did...worked with my old truck. So leads me to believe its something on the truck itself.
I know this sounds like a broken record, but for sure check the grounds on both sides.
john galt likes this.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

post #34250 of 35072 Old 10-11-2019, 05:02 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Link to the Rotella rebate: https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/coup...L0RJWS90NXQ2Lw
jokester00 likes this.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyAssault For This Useful Post:
jokester00 (10-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , is john galt a bunghole ? , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode