post #34231 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
I think I've asked someone else this before, but does that Amazon link show my account or is it just a generic link that you need to log into to buy?
Link works from my laptop ok.
john galt likes this.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34232 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman97_3 View Post
Link works from my laptop ok.
Must be the app.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
partyman97_3 likes this.
post #34233 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
We sell a lot of tuning here at Dales Superstore and I mean A LOT. One of the most popular tuning platforms on the market is the EZ LYNK. Probably the first feature most people become aware of is the monitoring capability via the wireless device of your choice. You can use your phone or a tablet, whatever you choose, IOS or Android, it makes no difference. The EZ LYNK is going to run you about $1,200 - $1,300 with tuning.

So here's why I brought this up. I tell customers all the time that they can do monitoring in almost the exact same way for about $5-$20 with a Bluetooth adapter. Then you can purchase a tuner for your Powerstroke, with tunes, on an SCT device or an nGauge for about half the price of what an EZ LYNK costs. Now don't get me wrong, the EZ LYNK has features and functions no other tuner on the market does, it's worth the price all day long.

The message here is, monitoring can be done on the cheap and done very nicely. What a great thread this is, it is really going to help some people out that want monitoring but don't want to drop $3-400 for a stand alone monitor.
SparkyF250 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34234 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Does anyone know if you can add an EGT sensor to the ScanGauge 2?

post #34235 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2566 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsfield18 View Post
Does anyone know if you can add an EGT sensor to the ScanGauge 2?

The SG2 doesn't have any inputs other than the OBDII connection itself, so no, you cannot add EGT to it.
I'd toss the SG2 anyway and get a BT dongle and Torque Pro. Or, if you really want EGT on the same screen as everything else, you'll need a SCT or Edge device. There are other options, but those are the most common for a reason.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #34236 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
The SG2 doesn't have any inputs other than the OBDII connection itself, so no, you cannot add EGT to it.

I'd toss the SG2 anyway and get a BT dongle and Torque Pro. Or, if you really want EGT on the same screen as everything else, you'll need a SCT or Edge device. There are other options, but those are the most common for a reason.
That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just run my SCT, it just seems so fragile...

post #34237 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 07:29 PM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
Quoted: 2205 Post(s)
Garage
You'll still have to drill, tap, and install a pyrometer to have EGT readings. It's easy.
post #34238 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't mind having a Scanguage II for the kid's truck if anyone has a used one laying around.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #34239 of 34701 Old 10-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
You'll still have to drill, tap, and install a pyrometer to have EGT readings. It's easy.
Yeah, I've already got the port drilled. The guy that owned my truck beforehand must have had and EGT on here and took it off when he sold it.

post #34240 of 34701 Old 10-11-2019, 12:38 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Pretty sure the interior light will time out after a bit if you leave the door cracked
sounds like this was all figued but i had a drain i couldnt find. turned out the glove box switch was funky and the light was staying on
fixed it by putting a sticky foot for the lap top on the inside of the door where the switch hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
My lieometer has never led me astray

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
i ignore mine entirely...always says 11.5 to 13 in winter with war up times etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
On my '05 the dash says 16 to 16.1, hand calculated it's about 15. I've seen a max of 16 but that was as we were going 60 mph on dead flat ground for what seemed like ever lol but it's also on 35's and at that time I had a ton of stuff in the truck.

The Prius is currently showing 48.8, heck even at 40 mpg I'm happy lol but I doubt I'll actually calculate it.
sort of a long story i will try to give the reader digest version.
our eldest sons first car was a 90 geo storm gsi i hated it at first but damn if it wasnt a blast to drive and between 38 and 42 mpg
anyways gave it to our grand son who sold it a few years ago son just found it and bought it back and it looks like it will live up here for a while...
it needs some work. but, i am thinking of replacing the motor and installing a turbo ...you know for better mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
Anyone swap their dash cluster back lighting with LED, half of my cluster is out and Id prefer not to swap w the reg bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think jmo had led dash lights and he liked em mine came wth blue lights i love but i have never disected the dash to have to change them ...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
My luck would get held up somewhere...lol.
find a diesel shop along the way and see if they have one or can get you one by the time you are passing through
and if you are anywhere near corey ....go with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
I think I've asked someone else this before, but does that Amazon link show my account or is it just a generic link that you need to log into to buy?
worked for me...and thanks for the archoil and mobil one change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
I wouldn't mind having a Scanguage II for the kid's truck if anyone has a used one laying around.
i got one that now lives in the wifes suburban but i think it was like 80 bcks on sale at autozone
thing i hate is they are too damn bright
i like my old cts just works great 6 years no troubles

ok i gotta try to sleep had a wierd thing happen today helping an elderly neighbor with her wood supply and trailer unplugging and it wouldnt come an then...anyways bar on her trailer busted my thumb but it seems like it broke it back in such a way as to repair an older break from years ago
srill hurts like hell but still feels better if that makes sense

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode