6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3419 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 58350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #34181 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 07:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You guys with your fancy-azz trucks that come with a factory lie-o-meter. My XL came with an abacus to calculate mileage.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34182 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
You guys with your fancy-azz trucks that come with a factory lie-o-meter. My XL came with an abacus to calculate mileage.
My XLT didn't come with it either, I paid a lot of money and spent a lot of time adding one to my '04 so it could lie to me daily

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #34183 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester00 View Post
I can get 22MPG when I start at my brother in law's house (4800') and travel home (200') LOL

-jokester
Guess on my next trip your way I'll have to reset the meter at Gov't Camp and check it when I get to Sandy. Probably the best mileage I'll ever see.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34184 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsfield18 View Post
I verified with my ScanGauge, but only took a picture of the "lieometer" and ran calculations on fuel consumption vs what I filled up. Not my first rodeo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Scan gauge doesnt mean anything to me. Unless it is set up exactly correct it will also be off. Just out the box it wont be correct. I use one in my 04, and prior to setting it up, it would tell me im averaging 22+. Once i set it up it says about 18 and hand calc is consistent 17. This is a 2wd with atlas40 on it. The other issue i see is unless you have upgraded gearing to match the new tire size, you need to take into account the extra miles driven with larger tires. With 38's it was about 7 miles per 50 driven. Now with 40's its 10. And one other thing, when u say 75 is that the speedo speed or actual? At 75 in my 03 is about 92mph on GPS.

Im not saying you may be getting better mileage than i with different tuning, but if youre truley getting over 20 with it then i would love a build list so i can copy it. You definitely have a unicorn.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #34185 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Anyone know of a good aftermarket steering pump that might be more robust than OEM? Also fuel sender unit? 2 immediate repairs I need before going to Montana.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I thought the oem pumps were pretty good on these trucks? I know the old style on the 7.3 wasnt good. Got about a year at a time out of them running 38's on that old truck. But my 03 has had 40's for a few years and its been good. Even with 260k on the og pump. Id either go back oem or see whats offered when i go a hydro assist steering system. Sometimes they offer upgraded pumps so may be worth looking that way.
As far as sending unit i also need one ws my gauge reads full till im at a half tank and is empty when the gauge reads half. Found out the hard way when i got the truck. Lol

PyroTekRob and john galt like this.

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.

Last edited by Flamed99; 10-06-2019 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamed99 For This Useful Post:
PyroTekRob (10-06-2019)
post #34186 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
On my '05 the dash says 16 to 16.1, hand calculated it's about 15. I've seen a max of 16 but that was as we were going 60 mph on dead flat ground for what seemed like ever lol but it's also on 35's and at that time I had a ton of stuff in the truck.

The Prius is currently showing 48.8, heck even at 40 mpg I'm happy lol but I doubt I'll actually calculate it.
john galt likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #34187 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Scan gauge doesnt mean anything to me. Unless it is set up exactly correct it will also be off. Just out the box it wont be correct. I use one in my 04, and prior to setting it up, it would tell me im averaging 22+. Once i set it up it says about 18 and hand calc is consistent 17. This is a 2wd with atlas40 on it. The other issue i see is unless you have upgraded gearing to match the new tire size, you need to take into account the extra miles driven with larger tires. With 38's it was about 7 miles per 50 driven. Now with 40's its 10. And one other thing, when u say 75 is that the speedo speed or actual? At 75 in my 03 is about 92mph on GPS.

Im not saying you may be getting better mileage than i with different tuning, but if youre truley getting over 20 with it then i would love a build list so i can copy it. You definitely have a unicorn.

Let me put it this way. I'm an engineer that grew up in a shop, so I can assure that I'm not some rookie taking a stab in the dark and assuming that all of my electronics are spot on. One going thing here that I've noticed is that everyone seems to doubt anyone else's experience here... Maybe it's because I didn't write a dissertation to explain my process or my experience, but I'm not going to. I didn't figure this would create such a freaking uproar. Simply put, I've driving the same distance week to week for 5 years now, and my fuel consumption has dropped to half of what it was with some of my recent updates. I'd say a have a fairly good constant to compare my findings to. Facts are facts, I'm putting in half the fuel is was prior, I fill up every week at the same station, at the same time, and it's generally the same amount. So, whether anyone wants to believe that I'm having success, I don't care; my wallet gets the win as well as my piece of mind. With that said, my ScanGauge is set up properly and it accounts for my tires. I figured I'd have a little more promotions of celebration vs all of the hate, negativity, and belittling that I'm experiencing currently. My mistake for ever posting a picture of my lieometer that was actually representing a fairly accurate, but not perfect calculation of my mpg.

jokester00 likes this.
post #34188 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Let me put it this way. I'm an engineer that grew up in a shop, so I can assure that I'm not some rookie taking a stab in the dark and assuming that all of my electronics are spot on. One going thing here that I've noticed is that everyone seems to doubt anyone else's experience here... Maybe it's because I didn't write a dissertation to explain my process or my experience, but I'm not going to. I didn't figure this would create such a freaking uproar. Simply put, I've driving the same distance week to week for 5 years now, and my fuel consumption has dropped to half of what it was with some of my recent updates. I'd say a have a fairly good constant to compare my findings to. Facts are facts, I'm putting in half the fuel is was prior, I fill up every week at the same station, at the same time, and it's generally the same amount. So, whether anyone wants to believe that I'm having success, I don't care; my wallet gets the win as well as my piece of mind. With that said, my ScanGauge is set up properly and it accounts for my tires. I figured I'd have a little more promotions of celebration vs all of the hate, negativity, and belittling that I'm experiencing currently. My mistake for ever posting a picture of my lieometer that was actually representing a fairly accurate, but not perfect calculation of my mpg.

You're talking about a 9k+ lbs truck with a 6.0 V8, not just stock but lifted on 37's that's probably not highway tread and you're talking about 75 mph so you're well over 2k RPM. I don't believe for a second you get 26 MPG, I'd have a hard time even looking at 16 tbh but everyone believes what they believe.
SparkyF250 likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #34189 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
You're talking about a 9k+ lbs truck with a 6.0 V8, not just stock but lifted on 37's that's probably not highway tread and you're talking about 75 mph so you're well over 2k RPM. I don't believe for a second you get 26 MPG, I'd have a hard time even looking at 16 tbh but everyone believes what they believe.
I understand your thought, but I was getting 16 highway before I ever studded my truck or made major updates. At 75 my rpms are running closer to 1800... Believe what you want.

post #34190 of 34719 Old 10-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

Wow bro, calm down here. Im sorry if you feel im being negative or putting you down, that wasnt any intention on my part. Im stating that a 6.0 typically wont get that kind of mileage in stock form on a hot tune, yet alone with a lift and large tires. Sure there is tons of variables with all our experiences. But im sure we all have had enough seat time in our trucks to get an idea of its average mpg. So when someone posts up 26mpg at highways speeds in a lifted truck its gonna create a debate for sure. I thought my lowered 2wd was doing above average getting 17 on the highway till your post. I travel at 80-85 for 50 miles to and from town on flat ground when calculating my mileage. Not much town driving. So as i said before, whatever you have done that nets those results, id like to replicate it because getting 10mpg at best sucks.

Have a good day brother, dont sweat our opinions too much, lol.

john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode