57706Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #33841 of 34279 Old 08-26-2019, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 1166 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
K cool because i dont want to have to remember my log in to use the ole desktop.

On another note im gonna tear into my 04 soon. Been puking anytime i tow my little 6x10 cargo trailer. Wqs doing it at 80+ so i figure slow to 70 and be ok. Nope its broke as I knew it would. Been in contact with @[email protected] for parts. Guess its time to give up the digits, lol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
My 6 leaker is about to go under the knife too. I'm pretty certain I'm not going to be able to make it through another winter with these injectors and I dont want to stay stock. They have horrible stiction, not very good balance rates, and its got a few oil leaks along with 380k miles on stock head bolts. LOL

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33842 of 34279 Old 08-26-2019, 05:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Weberman3
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
That's a bit much. If the guage is correct lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No reason to believe it's not, it's a mechanical. When I floored it on the interstate it went to 36 while spooling up low and then above like 2300 it went to 31.
Sensor problem?

2004 F350 XLT 6.0L ZF6 CCSB
ARP Head Studs, EGR Delete, 4" Turboback, Fuel Sump, Coolant Filter, NUC Oil Bypass Filter
Kenwood DDX372BT with Rear View Camera, Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, Infinity REF1200 subwoofers
post #33843 of 34279 Old 08-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weberman3 View Post
No reason to believe it's not, it's a mechanical. When I floored it on the interstate it went to 36 while spooling up low and then above like 2300 it went to 31.

Sensor problem?

That doesn’t sound bad to me. Stock head bolts, running Looney, I would hit 37psi regularly. Other tunes were slightly lower, and stock was about 27psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33844 of 34279 Old 08-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
So been wanting to post up all the pics. But honestly, time has not been a friend of mine these last few weeks. Been driving the truck and I must report that so far, everything is seemingly good but the power increase doesn't seem as much as I thought it would be. Currently it's still on stock programming. However, I think my stock air intake is actually causing a restriction. I upgraded to a Powermax turbo, CSF 6028 intercooler, No Limit "cold side" intake, and Odawgs S3R intake manifold. Also, the exhaust manifolds were upgraded to BD manifolds. My exhaust is basically straight piped 4" with no muffler. So anyhow, the turbo whistle is ear piercingly loud. And I feel like over a certain RPM, the air intake the whistle then changes noise to a strange whine. The filter is the only part that is stock in the whole process of air flow. I've read somewhere the stock filter is plenty sufficient. So what are y'alls thoughts? Or is it mostly due to the stock programming? I've heard some say the stock filter is plenty sufficient.

post #33845 of 34279 Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife96 View Post
So been wanting to post up all the pics. But honestly, time has not been a friend of mine these last few weeks. Been driving the truck and I must report that so far, everything is seemingly good but the power increase doesn't seem as much as I thought it would be. Currently it's still on stock programming. However, I think my stock air intake is actually causing a restriction. I upgraded to a Powermax turbo, CSF 6028 intercooler, No Limit "cold side" intake, and Odawgs S3R intake manifold. Also, the exhaust manifolds were upgraded to BD manifolds. My exhaust is basically straight piped 4" with no muffler. So anyhow, the turbo whistle is ear piercingly loud. And I feel like over a certain RPM, the air intake the whistle then changes noise to a strange whine. The filter is the only part that is stock in the whole process of air flow. I've read somewhere the stock filter is plenty sufficient. So what are y'alls thoughts? Or is it mostly due to the stock programming? I've heard some say the stock filter is plenty sufficient.

Tune that puppy!!!! Stock is stock. You will wake up that puppy with proper tunes!!

john galt likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #33846 of 34279 Old 08-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
Tune that puppy!!!! Stock is stock. You will wake up that puppy with proper tunes!!

Trust me, I ordered some, just waiting....
john galt likes this.

post #33847 of 34279 Old 08-27-2019, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
If you're in a clean environment, take the intake off for a quick run and see if it changes. Then you'll know if it is restricting it.
post #33848 of 34279 Old 08-27-2019, 08:32 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
That doesn’t sound bad to me. Stock head bolts, running Looney, I would hit 37psi regularly. Other tunes were slightly lower, and stock was about 27psi.

with my 03 turbo i hit 42 punching it uphill with looney
only problem was leaning foreward
SixStringMadness likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #33849 of 34279 Old 08-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Garage
all you Florida folks have all your hurricane party supplies @Merc82 @LoxDiesel

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
post #33850 of 34279 Old 08-29-2019, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Don't forget @G8orFord too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode