6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3367 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 57346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #33661 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So it's a Major infraction to question someone now? Sounds like the Gestapo black boots from Nazi Germany, or the Clinton's
Patriot and john galt like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33662 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
There are only a few active 6.0L forums left.

I am a member of 12 6.0L forums but really only two are still active and there are really only two or maybe three more that have anything more than infrequent posting.

I realize that blasting everyone for an issue that only involves a few is not a great way to moderate, but there is no doubt that Patriot felt that he was singled out as the only one hit w/ the restrictions. I will also greatly miss his presence here - assuming there is no way to rectify this (and hopefully there is)! No doubt he had a lot of "likes", but he was quick to give them out also!

Being a moderator certainly isn't the easiest thing, but something like this seems like it could have easily been handled by documented (and communicated) constraints for us all to comply with. If there are documented guidelines for signatures, maybe just reiterating the requirements in a post with a message that the people that exceed these requirements will be contacted in PM's. Also, explaining why it is an issue would help. Unless I have missed it, I still don't understand exactly why it needs to change.

It would be a HUGE shame for folks to abandon this forum - especially for something like a signature line.

Last edited by bismic; 08-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.
post #33663 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Garage
Most of you know how to reach me outside of the org so this will be my farewell post. It's sad to see a mod using the ban hammer as a penis extension, but it is what it is. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Justin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33664 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
Most of you know how to reach me outside of the org so this will be my farewell post. It's sad to see a mod using the ban hammer as a penis extension, but it is what it is. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don't. Hit me with a PM if you get this. I've learned an incredible amount here and tried to contribute when I could. My paid subscription is up and I was ready to pay it. Think I'll hold off a bit and see how this shakes out.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #33665 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
I certainly don't know the solution, but I will re-iterate: This forum is worth keeping!

Hopefully someone with the proper authority and will-power will identify a solution.
john galt likes this.
post #33666 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
I certainly don't know the solution, but I will re-iterate: This forum is worth keeping!

Hopefully someone with the proper authority and will-power will identify a solution.
@AG Jeff @Administrator one, both, someone in charge?
bismic and john galt like this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

Last edited by SparkyF250; 08-17-2019 at 03:26 PM.
post #33667 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 03:47 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
@AG Jeff @Administrator one, both, someone in charge?
They have both been paged twice now. It is very doubtful that they will respond in the open forum. As business owners have to back their managers, admins must back their mods. There may be discussion of a resolution behind the scenes, but as with owners and managers again, you don't discuss your management practices in the shop in front of the employees. Let's give 'em a bit to see what tomorrow may bring.

Marc
bismic, Patriot and john galt like this.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

post #33668 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
They have both been paged twice now. It is very doubtful that they will respond in the open forum. As business owners have to back their managers, admins must back their mods. There may be discussion of a resolution behind the scenes, but as with owners and managers again, you don't discuss your management practices in the shop in front of the employees. Let's give 'em a bit to see what tomorrow may bring.

Marc
PM them both, that's why I put them up.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #33669 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post

Marc
I'm totally fine with that but just a quick comment to say yes guys we're looking into this and having a discussion would be nice too
Patriot, john galt and SparkyF250 like this.
post #33670 of 34071 Old 08-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2519 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know all of the details behind this, but IMO @HeavyAssault has not helped his, or the other Mods case much with his responses in this thread. He pretty much comes off as a power hungry "my way or the highway" mod. I've seen this attitude from him before, but not quite to this extent. If this is the way Autoguide and the administrators of this forum want to play it from now on, this forum will die just like the others are.

Is my sig too long? If so, just do like @ZMANN did a while back and change it. This type of crap is exactly why I chose the ORG over some of the other forums when I first got my 6.0. I may be following Justin if this continues. Sad.
Patriot, john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode