58305Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #33501 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3309 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear about your dog @5.9and6.0 one of life's most difficult deals right there.
john galt likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33502 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Was wondering how you were doing over there @5.9and6.0 . Glad to hear good for the most part

RIP ol yeller 😞

Couldn't get past the inspection with the lift? That sucks. It's good your a/c is working, especially in those temps.

Phuket is on my bucket list
The Following User Says Thank You to repalmer For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-05-2019)
post #33503 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9and6.0 View Post
So just finished skimming some 700 post here, my life, my Excursion updates;

Lowering the Excursion have a set of stock Deaver springs coming
...had to put down our big yellow lab of 11 years...
...went to Thailand... Bangkok is crazy over populated but Phuket itís nice with some great beaches also made a new friend

Talking about temperature. The Excursion runs just the same out here in 110++ with 100% humidity, Toren installed the 7.3 fan clutch and BPD water pump. The running temperatures are about the same as a hot day in WA. That is with the AC always on.

I think we have a boost or exhaust leak, you hear a funny sound of air escaping if you get on it... Have not found a place here yet I trust to touch the motor.
if it sounds like a teapot, chances are its an exhaust leak I'd start searching for some soot to see if you can locate something thats obvious

I know I've got a manifold leak on the 12 valve cause I can hear it when it really starts to get warm out and I'm working the motor
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
The Following User Says Thank You to junior125 For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33504 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 6.7ferd For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-05-2019)
post #33505 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very sorry about your dog

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
The Following User Says Thank You to voodooridr For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-05-2019)
post #33506 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
6.0 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Was wondering how you were doing over there @5.9and6.0 . Glad to hear good for the most part

RIP ol yeller

Couldn't get past the inspection with the lift? That sucks. It's good your a/c is working, especially in those temps.

Lifeís not bad here.

Iím going to miss that dog for many years. He was the familyís first pet and my first dog since I got out of the Navy.

We have the inspection September donít want to risk the hassle. Still no guarantees it will pass. Looking forward to having a set of quality springs.
Hopefully we donít have any issues with the excursion itís self. Deaver rep said
ďFord OEM specís. We use the truck springs on the Excursions as they lift the front 1.5-2 inches and improves the ride creating distance from the bump stop. We use the truck rear as well.Ē

It has a 4.5 pro-comp lift now should be just out with the old in with the new?

Avoid Bangkok! Just fly into Phuket a few islands took a day trip view from the hotel lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
if it sounds like a teapot, chances are its an exhaust leak I'd start searching for some soot to see if you can locate something thats obvious

I know I've got a manifold leak on the 12 valve cause I can hear it when it really starts to get warm out and I'm working the motor
Thank you
The truck feels sluggish and a bit smoky itís only at a certain point in boost do you get the squeal or hiss sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
post #33507 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

RIP ol yeller

Life’s not bad here.

I’m going to miss that dog for many years. He was the family’s first pet and my first dog since I got out of the Navy.

We have the inspection September don’t want to risk the hassle. Still no guarantees it will pass. Looking forward to having a set of quality springs.
Hopefully we don’t have any issues with the excursion it’s self. Deaver rep said
“Ford OEM spec’s. We use the truck springs on the Excursions as they lift the front 1.5-2 inches and improves the ride creating distance from the bump stop. We use the truck rear as well.”

Avoid Bangkok! Just fly into Phuket a few islands took a day trip view from the hotel lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post

Thank you
The truck feels sluggish and a bit smoky it’s only at a certain point in boost do you get the squeal or hiss sound.

I hear ya on your buddy. They really do become family.
@ChrisSki was having a squeel that was hard to pin down, wound up being his water pump pulley and serp belt. If your having boost issues, that's probably not it, but easy enough to check
john galt likes this.
post #33508 of 34698 Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
We've sold a lot of headlights because of that internal harness the manufacturers are all so in love with, stupid design
they are designed to sell parts not to keep working

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
I suppose it is mildly annoying when your GM ignition switch tries to kill you especially when it succeeds
i dont even pay attention to gm after the whole gov motors OWEbutthead muck up see bottom picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog @5.9and6.0 one of life's most difficult deals right there.
so much truth right there.
i have lost many friends etc and nothing hurts like loss of a dog

Quote:
Lifeís not bad here.

Iím going to miss that dog for many years. He was the familyís first pet and my first dog since I got out of the Navy.

We have the inspection September donít want to risk the hassle. Still no guarantees it will pass. Looking forward to having a set of quality springs.
Hopefully we donít have any issues with the excursion itís self. Deaver rep said
ďFord OEM specís. We use the truck springs on the Excursions as they lift the front 1.5-2 inches and improves the ride creating distance from the bump stop. We use the truck rear as well.Ē

Thank you
The truck feels sluggish and a bit smoky itís only at a certain point in boost do you get the squeal or hiss sound.

so sorry about your buddy we had to put our labradork down june 28th and it still hurts bad everyday.
truck sounds like an exhaust leak or boost leak to me but consider the source
i have a friend in phucket one of these days we need to go visit got a free place to stay on the beach and everything

Quote:
I hear ya on your buddy. They really do become family.
@ChrisSki was having a squeel that was hard to pin down, wound up being his water pump pulley and serp belt. If your having boost issues, that's probably not it, but easy enough to check

dogs are like kids that just dont really grow up and are always super happy to see you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sucks to have a tow truck button from the factory_zpsz6lfaxjx.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	721477  
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #33509 of 34698 Old 08-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Garage
@5.9and6.0 what you can do if you can squeeze your arms around the up pipes is wrap some tin foil around the connections/bellows and then go romp on it to see if any soot shows itself
backhoebill likes this.

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
The Following User Says Thank You to junior125 For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (08-06-2019)
post #33510 of 34698 Old 08-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Well the ball joint saga continues....

I got the alignment done a couple days ago and I decided to just get the lifetime alignment from Firestone since I'll probably do other front end work at some point. They say they're done so I look over the sheet and the left side is all in the green and the only one in the red for the right side is caster. It started at 4.2 and they got it to 4.1 (should be between 0.5 and 3.1). Of course they want me to buy some other part which I believe the truck already has but what ever, I'll check it out and if it does I'll go to a different one. Also the cross camber and caster are in the red.

I get in the truck and as I'm turning it's making a terrible popping noise and a couple times it locked the steering wheel. I didn't get more than 20 feet so I'm crawling under the truck hoping it wasn't something I did. They come out asking what's wrong and I tell them, he has me turn the wheel while he looks and he says the ball joints are worn and need to be replaced. Sorry guy, I literally just did all 4 and that's why I'm here. I crawl under there to find that part that attaches to the tierod turned around and it's hitting a bolt. I remember I used it to adjust the steering wheel in my old 6.7. They just twist it back around and send me on my way. Out of curiosity, wouldn't that mess with the alignment? Oh well, I guess I'll have to schedule another alignment when I get back from Utah.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode