Premium Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3311 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Happy birthday Scott and Colin
Kryptic_361 and john galt like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33042 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Happy Birthday you two!!

What are you getting me for your Birthday?! 😜

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #33043 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Happy birthday fellas. Got my new mirrors yesterday but I worked a 16 hr. Shift. Attempted to throw them on real quick before work this afternoon and took me a minute to find the wire to unplug the old one. Figured that out but how and the heck and I supposed to fish the new connector threw the door into that little hole to connect to the truck pigtail?!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kryptic_361 and john galt like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33044 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
If I remember correctly, mine came with an extension plug to make that easier.
john galt likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #33045 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Happy birthdays!!!6.0 Chat Thread-img951825_1561661463043.jpg
Kryptic_361 likes this.
post #33046 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
If I remember correctly, mine came with an extension plug to make that easier.
Mine came with the pigtail that goes to the light mirror and another smaller pigtail but it has a different end going to the truck.

post #33047 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 01:26 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3156 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you for that info @john galt . I'll look into getting a 7.3 clutch and the bpd water pump.

You can't have the bumpers. They are locked on with some padlocks and i lost the keys.

fine...be that way

I may have the orange stuff, i can't remember. I'll have to look tomorrow. When I got the truck, I redid the fluids in the power steering and the coolant. I had a shop do the trans, engine oil, and the differentials.

So the fan will not turn on until 215? But the thermostat opens at 194 so it is only cooling by air coming through the grill instead of air being forced through with the fan? That would explain why it is over-heating, along with the transmission. Since the trans cooler is in front of the radiator.

I have noticed something, truck seems to perform better once warmed up. This is my first diesel, is that normal? My car runs better when it is cold it seems.
i think your bumpers block a lot of air flow to be honest mine does the same still designing a fix that i like so...
and yes diesel being compression ignition requires heat to make it work, hence the glow plugs for cold mornings and what not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic_361 View Post
Hold up! Me and John have the same birthday?!?!?! Now this is awesome !

Happy birthday @john galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you
thanks everybody it seems i was only able to quote @voodooridr and @falcon and colin but thanks everyone for the well wishes

Quote:
Thanks !
@john galt has a few more years on me that's for sure

Quote:
Happy Birthday you two!!

What are you getting me for your Birthday?! 😜
i'll let ya keep my bumpers...for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
Happy birthday fellas. Got my new mirrors yesterday but I worked a 16 hr. Shift. Attempted to throw them on real quick before work this afternoon and took me a minute to find the wire to unplug the old one. Figured that out but how and the heck and I supposed to fish the new connector threw the door into that little hole to connect to the truck pigtail?!

i have not heard of a secondary wire connector unless that is a separate wire for the retractable feature that requires a new switch to make work
that said i have had good luck using an old guitar string for a fish in several locations on multiple cars and trucks to get wiring into hard to reach spots high e bent and folded at the end to prevent hang ups and spun when it hits blockage works great for getting through,,, "stupid" places

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
Mine came with the pigtail that goes to the light mirror and another smaller pigtail but it has a different end going to the truck.

curious what wires go where how and why...but of course i HATE wiring so....
i replaced mine with em stock mirrors when i bought my truck and had no issues but it was same same so...

in other news i finally heard back from jmo
he says what ever happened in a 6.7 thread cemented his fate.
didnt read the thread so i have no idea but he is ok and busy from the sounds of things

the vet wont see our dog today so instead of being out of his misery he is just getting doped up but he turned for the worse yesterday pretty bad and now cant really walk at all and i cant really carry him without hurting him so...
Kryptic_361 likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #33048 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 01:44 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3156 Post(s)
Quote:
Hold up! Me and John have the same birthday?!?!?! Now this is awesome !

Happy birthday @john galt

you know who or what else shares our birthday?
this song was written on our birthday in 66 if i remember right
the classic rock station always played it on my birthday and i never knew why then one morning at work at about am they said when this was written so they played it for the songs birthday
anyways ... enjoy

Kryptic_361 and SparkyF250 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #33049 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
@-Falcon- my '06 had an aftermarket bumper that blocked a lot of air, I ended up going to the 7.3 fan clutch (part number in my sig) and it kept temps good for me. I was going to do the blue wire mod but I didn't want the possibility of "oops, forgot to turn it on (or off)" so I just did the whole fan clutch. It's not a hard job and not too expensive. The only down side is your MPG takes a nasty hit. On the dash if I remember right I dropped almost 1 mpg. I never hand calculated it though.

Speaking of the fan clutch switch, @john galt did my old clutch solve your problem last year?
john galt likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #33050 of 34716 Old 06-27-2019, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Weberman3
Happy birthday you two.

So I can't find this anywhere. Where are the 1/2 factory fuel fittings? I keep seeing people with them on their fuel system builds but I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out.
Kryptic_361 likes this.

2004 F350 XLT 6.0L ZF6 CCSB
ARP Head Studs, EGR Delete, 4" Turboback, Fuel Sump, Coolant Filter, NUC Oil Bypass Filter
Kenwood DDX372BT with Rear View Camera, Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, Infinity REF1200 subwoofers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode