LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #33031 of 35052 Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seen that @repalmer . Funny.
@Patriot ya, I noticed that about him. He bragged alot about his financial situation. Annoyed me just alittle.
mrh1282 likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33032 of 35052 Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3345 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic_361 View Post
so i left my job at carmax after i called my boss out in a couple lies he told me when i was in the interview process.

and now i start with McLane trucking in a week. still home daily. closer to home and $18000 more a year. but more physical labor which im not worried about. will give me some more cash to build this 6.0 sitting in my garage.
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
That's quite the bump in pay. Congrats.

The labor will keep you young, just watch how you lift as to not mess up your back
^^^ This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
...... why was Jmo, J.flow banned?! If you don't mind me asking..
Good question, nobody's talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
Evidently, he went a little too far with one of the mods. From what I gather, the public side wasn't all that bad. I have no idea what may have transpired through PMs or whatever. I was actually in a bit of a "back and forth" with him and the next thing I know, he's banned. There certainly wasn't anything in our banter that would have been banworthy. Unless I missed something that was deleted.
Power hungry mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Changing out the rear differential tonight, anyone know what the torque is on the pinion nut? With a new crush sleeve
Take out all the slop then begin crushing the sleeve until it takes 20 -35 in lbs to turn the pinion with new bearings or 6-8 in lbs with used bearings. (Don't forget to get a new nut.) You'll need a pointer or better yet a dial type in lb torque wrench, Newton dial types are cheap but you're only talking like 2 to 3.95 newtons so inch pound would be better.
So there's really no torque like tightening something down. Be careful as just a little movement (crush) can make a difference so check each time you get the nut to move. I'm giving the specs on a Ford 10 1/4" Dana is different since they use shims. I just bought a new bearing kit for my boy's 91 F350 and I bought a spare crush sleeve (just in case) I found a great deal on fleabay, both pinion brgs and both diff brgs Koyo's for $150, they have the same kit with Timken's for $175 Spare sleeve was like $9

Hmmm, looks like the late models are a bit more, here's the Timken kit for 99-06 for $220

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2006-F...item4d62e1d569

Here's a chart

https://www.crawlpedia.com/ring_pinion_setup.htm
john galt likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SparkyF250; 06-26-2019 at 09:15 PM.
post #33033 of 35052 Old 06-26-2019, 10:41 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
Thanks @john galt

I'm thinking about installing an electric fan instead of the mechanical one that came from the manufacturer.

I'm not sure I understand about the EGT temps. I know what you mean about the bearings in the turbo, but I don't understand the 300 or 400 temp. My Edge tuner only shows as 0-138 that I have seen so far. I think maybe there is suppose to be a zero on the end of that? so 1380?

My alarm has a cool down mode. I push in Emergency break, take key out, and then get out and arm the truck. Motor stays on for 2 minutes. So that should help with cooling the EGT's down that you were talking about.

I'm saving up right now, to just do the whole freakin engine. I figure about 20k to do it all. I'd like to get 700HP. I think after that point, I remember people saying the transmission had to be upgraded? But, this will be awhile, I have a lot of things to do first. If my mother gets this house she's looking at buying, then I need to spend time building an ADU in the back yard for her that she can rent out for income.
iam not familiar with the edge system but i seem to remember someone saying it needed an extra zero added now that you mention it but again heck if i know

in regards to the electric fan idea...
you would be better served with the blue wire mod for fan control or get the 97 7.3 fan clutch (mechanical) and the BPD adapter so its always working.

Quote:
Okay. So do I need to worry about that? And I've read that 215 is major cause for concern on engine temp. Those numbers I gave was with four people in the truck, and of course the bumpers and everything added to the weight.
you hear wrong the fan doesnt even kick in at 215 it might ramp up a touch but it doesn;t get going until you cross 218 coolant and or oil and there is some bizzare system of witchcraft and algorithms that controls the fan i dont even begin to understand
the blue wire mod allows you to crank the fan as you head into an uphill
or the 73 mechanical clutch makes it irrelevant.
if you have ford gold the silicates might begin to clump and turn to gorilla snot at around 215 but if you still run that junk you deserve what you get
oil doesnt even start t break down until after 250 if i remember right for synthetic oil and will actually burn out impurities at 200+
but i think your problem is your bumpers and you should put them on my truck so yours works better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
...... why was Jmo, J.flow banned?! If you don't mind me asking..
i guess gator knows far more than i. i wasnt there, then when i got back on niehter was ol jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
Evidently, he went a little too far with one of the mods. From what I gather, the public side wasn't all that bad. I have no idea what may have transpired through PMs or whatever. I was actually in a bit of a "back and forth" with him and the next thing I know, he's banned. There certainly wasn't anything in our banter that would have been banworthy. Unless I missed something that was deleted.
i know he wasnt shy abot sharing his opinions so i can see him crossing lines but

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Changing out the rear differential tonight, anyone know what the torque is on the pinion nut? With a new crush sleeve
i was going to say nick did his not too long ago but i dont remember the specs he shared and mine are not getting messed with until i have to
but sparky came through with some good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I've met Jeff on 2 separate trips. Not a fan. He has or had an investor that made it possible for what he has now. Not saying he didn't work it, but he is the definition of nouveau riche. I told him that to his face, thus why we never had a back and forth on here. I know people that have his money in one of their many accounts and they would never tell a stranger their net worth to make themselves look good. I'm a broke dicc working stiff, but when it came time to help john galt get to UCC I put down cash I didn't have and he used miles. He could easily have done a good man a solid and payed it forward, but no.
I'm glad he is banned.
i still owe you for that one my friend and some how some time when you least expect it ... again thanks man and i look forward to next year if i can still fly without my super id pint of blood first born real id bs
if i can work it out...i'll just drive the truck the further i get from commiefornia the cheaper fuel gets anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Congrats

^^^ This!

Good question, nobody's talking

Power hungry mods.

Take out all the slop then begin crushing the sleeve until it takes 20 -35 in lbs to turn the pinion with new bearings or 6-8 in lbs with used bearings. (Don't forget to get a new nut.) You'll need a pointer or better yet a dial type in lb torque wrench, Newton dial types are cheap but you're only talking like 2 to 3.95 newtons so inch pound would be better.
So there's really no torque like tightening something down. Be careful as just a little movement (crush) can make a difference so check each time you get the nut to move. I'm giving the specs on a Ford 10 1/4" Dana is different since they use shims. I just bought a new bearing kit for my boy's 91 F350 and I bought a spare crush sleeve (just in case) I found a great deal on fleabay, both pinion brgs and both diff brgs Koyo's for $150, they have the same kit with Timken's for $175 Spare sleeve was like $9

Hmmm, looks like the late models are a bit more, here's the Timken kit for 99-06 for $220

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2006-F...item4d62e1d569

Here's a chart

https://www.crawlpedia.com/ring_pinion_setup.htm
thank brother way to step up with the info

also
if you made it this far...
you deserve some kind of award for your determination and stick to it iveness
i hadnt really intended to ramble on this long but i needed a break from saying good bye to my best friend...
anyways while you should get medals and recognition...
all you get is a couple dog pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doggies on the hill.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	720363   Click image for larger version

Name:	teego in gazebo on rug two.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	720365   Click image for larger version

Name:	teego on the gazebo doorstep.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	720367   Click image for larger version

Name:	tigger under the apple tree.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	720369  
Patriot and SparkyF250 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33034 of 35052 Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 PM

Garage
Thank you for that info @john galt . I'll look into getting a 7.3 clutch and the bpd water pump.

You can't have the bumpers. They are locked on with some padlocks and i lost the keys.

I may have the orange stuff, i can't remember. I'll have to look tomorrow. When I got the truck, I redid the fluids in the power steering and the coolant. I had a shop do the trans, engine oil, and the differentials.

So the fan will not turn on until 215? But the thermostat opens at 194 so it is only cooling by air coming through the grill instead of air being forced through with the fan? That would explain why it is over-heating, along with the transmission. Since the trans cooler is in front of the radiator.

I have noticed something, truck seems to perform better once warmed up. This is my first diesel, is that normal? My car runs better when it is cold it seems.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!

post #33035 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 03:36 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3345 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thank you for that info @john galt . I'll look into getting a 7.3 clutch and the bpd water pump.

You can't have the bumpers. They are locked on with some padlocks and i lost the keys.

I may have the orange stuff, i can't remember. I'll have to look tomorrow. When I got the truck, I redid the fluids in the power steering and the coolant. I had a shop do the trans, engine oil, and the differentials.

So the fan will not turn on until 215? But the thermostat opens at 194 so it is only cooling by air coming through the grill instead of air being forced through with the fan? That would explain why it is over-heating, along with the transmission. Since the trans cooler is in front of the radiator.

I have noticed something, truck seems to perform better once warmed up. This is my first diesel, is that normal? My car runs better when it is cold it seems.
Yes diesels need heat to run, it's best to drive easy and lay off the boost until the coolant gets to 150 or more. The stock fan moves air all the time, it just locks on full when it gets hot. The blue wire mod is the cheapest if you want more control over the fan. Put a switch in the cab with one side going to a solid ground in the engine bay and the other side going to the blue wire on the engine side of the fan plug. Don't cut the blue wire just tap into it. If you see a big hill coming up flip the switch, takes maybe 30 secs or so and your fan will lock on (and sound like a garbage truck) flip it off again about 30 secs it'll go back to pcm control
john galt likes this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

The Following User Says Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
john galt (06-27-2019)
post #33036 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 03:51 AM

Garage
@SparkyF250 thanks! I will try that. Hopefully it works!

Do they perhaps make fan blades that push more air? Kinda like they do for computer case fans.

UPGRADES:

post #33037 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 05:07 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Happy birthday @john galt
john galt likes this.

04 f250 sold.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3054tony For This Useful Post:
john galt (06-27-2019)
post #33038 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3054tony View Post
Hold up! Me and John have the same birthday?!?!?! Now this is awesome !

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryptic_361 For This Useful Post:
john galt (06-27-2019)
post #33039 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you
Kryptic_361 and john galt like this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
The Following User Says Thank You to voodooridr For This Useful Post:
Kryptic_361 (06-27-2019)
post #33040 of 35052 Old 06-27-2019, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you
Thanks !
@john galt has a few more years on me that's for sure

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , is john galt a bunghole ? , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode