post #32901 of 33793 Old 06-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 3167 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
Well I finally got time to myself, after working 12 10 hour days straight I'm ready for some time off lol. I know that's nothing to a lot of you guys, but I'm used to a 50 hour week, then a week off lol.

Got to going through the truck more to find out what I can fix or replace and what I like / don't like. I replaced the fuel filters today, I'm going to order a new grill emblem, drivers side door courtesy light, and the plugs for the grab handle on the drivers side. When I bought the truck there was a little wire hanging down in the back that I just tucked up in the head liner since that's where it belonged but I decided to try and figure out where it went. It was cut, the cut end was at the light above the rear slider, and they fed it to go down behind the glove box. Any ideas as to what this is?

Also I miss my CTS 2 so I'm thinking about getting another. My only hang up is the PO has the EGT sensor going to the SCT X4 so I have to figure out if I can get that to go to a CTS 2 or what my options are on that.
Probably need an Edge EGT probe, no idea on the wire.

Oh and you may want to chime in on this thread...
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...wer-model.html
Red Ford likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32902 of 33793 Old 06-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 808 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
The time has come.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Now to see if you can make an honest woman out of her before junior arrives. ;-)
I'm kind of traditional that way, that I think the whole family should share the same last name
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #32903 of 33793 Old 06-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Now to see if you can make an honest woman out of her before junior arrives. ;-)
I'm kind of traditional that way, that I think the whole family should share the same last name
I agree.

Sparky

Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32904 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 04:03 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I agree.
Because, hey, all marriages end in success.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

post #32905 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 05:54 AM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Garage
One thing at a time.

partyman97_3 likes this.

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #32906 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
The time has come.

Congrats! Trust me, that little mechanic will cost you way more than hiring an experienced one, but the long term benefits will be well worth the investment

Quote:
Well I finally got time to myself, after working 12 10 hour days straight I'm ready for some time off lol. I know that's nothing to a lot of you guys, but I'm used to a 50 hour week, then a week off lol.

Got to going through the truck more to find out what I can fix or replace and what I like / don't like. I replaced the fuel filters today, I'm going to order a new grill emblem, drivers side door courtesy light, and the plugs for the grab handle on the drivers side. When I bought the truck there was a little wire hanging down in the back that I just tucked up in the head liner since that's where it belonged but I decided to try and figure out where it went. It was cut, the cut end was at the light above the rear slider, and they fed it to go down behind the glove box. Any ideas as to what this is?

Also I miss my CTS 2 so I'm thinking about getting another. My only hang up is the PO has the EGT sensor going to the SCT X4 so I have to figure out if I can get that to go to a CTS 2 or what my options are on that.
Welcome to the club. I just got a Father's Day reprieve after 19 ten+ hr. days, but back at it full speed ahead tomorrow. No time for the truck today, gotta try and get walls put up in the bathroom. Remodels go slow with no days off.

...and I have no idea what that wire is. Maybe PO had a back up cam at the cargo light?

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

post #32907 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 07:32 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman97_3 View Post
Because, hey, all marriages end in success.
They can if you work at it. With the cultural situation in America the family is continuously under attack, why not fix it?
bismic and jokester00 like this.

Sparky

post #32908 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Weberman3
Quote:

As stated it kinda looks like my rearview camera connector

2004 F350 XLT 6.0L ZF6 CCSB
ARP Head Studs, EGR Delete, 4" Turboback, Fuel Sump, Coolant Filter, NUC Oil Bypass Filter
Kenwood DDX372BT with Rear View Camera, Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, Infinity REF1200 subwoofers
post #32909 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Quote:

Could have been for a camera as has been stated but I'm thinking it was for an external antenna, like for XM or something. So what did you decide to do about the heads being half done?

Sent from my phone

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #32910 of 33793 Old 06-16-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Could have been for a camera as has been stated but I'm thinking it was for an external antenna, like for XM or something. So what did you decide to do about the heads being half done?

Sent from my phone
I'm leaning towards some sort of camera, back up cam or dash cam but that connector has be puzzled. I've never seen a camera with that kind of connector but I also but cheap $10 cameras lol. It has a Kenwood backup camera that goes to the head unit so I'm not sure why they would've wanted a high mount one as nothing is drilled in the bed for a 5er or gooseneck.

I checked it out, both heads are studded. One side blew so he only replaced that side but I spoke to the shop and they said the other side wasn't leaking and without spending a bunch of time everything seemed ok so I'm just running with it for now. I got the truck for pretty cheap so as much as I really don't want to have to do head gaskets it wouldn't be too bad, I would basically be into the truck what I should've paid for it to begin with. The shop did a leak test and compression test and all this was done 3 or 4k miles ago and everything came back good so I'm hoping for the best lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode