LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #32851 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 05:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
You're up around Loudonville aren't you? I was about halfway out there yesterday, I took a steer to the butcher shop in Newcomerstown. Maybe we could met somewhere in the middle for lunch or something before you head back to TX. Some good eating up there in Amish country. Sugarcreek or Berlin maybe
Yep I'm from right outside loudonville on route 3. What town are you from?

I'm down to.meet in Berlin or millersburg or somewhere around there. Amish places always have the best food. I just gotta get this engine out of the donor truck before I get anywhere crazy.

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32852 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 05:21 AM

Trans came out yesterday. Today is pulling the engine out

Colin
post #32853 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Quoted: 3180 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Luckily the snow it mostly clear now. I'll have time to get a pair.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
one word...sorels...accept no immitation
I own four pairs oldest dating back to the late 70's worked outside for years and they are still functional and i have all my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic_361 View Post
Trans came out yesterday. Today is pulling the engine out

if i had the time and cash i would be down for a road trip and meet up too. be a kick in the ***
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32854 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
Quoted: 3362 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Southern Commifornia to Billings, MT.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
in other news...
has anyone run sea foamin thier fuel?
i dumped in three cans and ran to the city and i swear this truck has NEVER run this smooth since 2011 when i first got it running
kept hearing good thins but i am seriously impressed
Local tractor dealer swears by it, I've run it in the boat but not the diesel yet. I got a couple free samples of the Hot Shot's EDT and it bumped my MPG a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic_361 View Post
Yep I'm from right outside loudonville on route 3. What town are you from?

I'm down to.meet in Berlin or millersburg or somewhere around there. Amish places always have the best food. I just gotta get this engine out of the donor truck before I get anywhere crazy.

john galt likes this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #32855 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 AM
california deplorable

speaking of bump in mpg
i got home from reno on about half the fuel i had been using.
i did add a custom mix of half whit bottle half grey bottle then some 2 stroke on top of the sea foam just to be certain i didn't lose lubricity with the stuff but truck is soother not downshifting in places where it used to on uphills and just feels and sounds better by a long shot.
i figured i would try it but after a couple hundred miles, i swear by it

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #32856 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 01:39 PM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Went to Seward and back, twice on one tank for a total of 549 miles. I only added 8 ounces of Powerservice. Grey bottle. I'm happy.
john galt likes this.

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
post #32857 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
in other news...

has anyone run sea foamin thier fuel?

i dumped in three cans and ran to the city and i swear this truck has NEVER run this smooth since 2011 when i first got it running

kept hearing good thins but i am seriously impressed

I have sworn by sea-foam for years in gasoline engines. It cleans the bad fuel out if you can get it to start without disassembling and cleaning the carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #32858 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 02:57 PM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
I have sworn by sea-foam for years in gasoline engines. It cleans the bad fuel out if you can get it to start without disassembling and cleaning the carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i used it on my boat years ago but had better luck with a semi custom mix of berrymans, trans fluid, alcohol and racing fuel 102 octane...but i lost my connection for 102
anyways i kept hearing good things about sea foam and heui injectors.
it seems to work pretty damn well
drove the truck again today and it is smoother than i ever remember it being

I like mead

post #32859 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Well engine came out today. Now its sitting to the side till I leave and it's going in the bed of the truck.

Changed the ball on my hitch for the trailer in the next picture. That sucker was tighter than a virgin on her wedding night. Hence the 4ft 3/4 ratchet and still had to really give it a good tug.

Got 2 tires for the trailer and upon taking off the other two on the opposite side discovered it needed two more as well. So those are ordered will be here Thursday.

Also finally used some self tapping screws and put my trailer connection somewhat solid to the bottom of the bumper. Before I just had it stuffed up into the frame and pulled it out when I needed it Haha.

Also not pictured yet is I put a reese brake controller in the truck so this long trailer now has brakes.

Colin
post #32860 of 35289 Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
If I need to change the ball, I always put the stinger in the reciever sideways and then I can stand on the wrench or breaker bar if needed. Same tightening it, just flip it over and stand on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , is john galt a bunghole ? , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode