6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3242 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 55678Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #32411 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Got Dirt?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 478
Thanks: 76
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
We are leaving SoCal Riverside area.


"Life is a Garden - Dig It!!!" ~ Joe Dirt
"Rub Some Dirt On It!!!"
"God Made Dirt, Dirt Don't Hurt!!!"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2006 Super Duty F-250 Lariat CCSB: Edge CTS Insight - BPD FICM - Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter - ProComp 20" wheels - Toyo M/T 35's - ReadyLift w/ Bilstein 5100's - 4" MagnaFlow Exhaust
Got Dirt? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32412 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Premium Member




 
SparkyF250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East central Ohio
Posts: 7,199
Thanks: 522
Thanked 765 Times in 728 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 3016 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin7.3 View Post
Thank you! I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm looking at driving for quality carriers they do chemical tankers. But we will see if they can pick me up or not



Also side note. Is this worth anything? Thinking of offering 3500 and trying to get it. To fix and flip or a replacement for the 6.0 I have an unnatural love for the 6.4 and was looking at trying to find one cheap to fix and possibly rebuild the engine with the stronger international pistons that are coated and delipped. Then the usual head studs and such.

But i could be dumb and please do tell me if I am. I just like the fact its the 6.4 with the 6spd and its 4x4

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1608849815554/

Sorry it's a Facebook link.

_______________________________
04 f250 4x4
just some things here and there
Did you drive a fuel tanker in the Army? Driving tankers usually isn't a starting job, can be tricky.
.
.
.
I loved my 6.4 6 speed, no turbo lag like the 6.0 with HD300 on the MiniMax you could fry the tires in 3 gears and chirp em up to 6th. It had 110k when I bailed on it, starting to push coolant from the degass when you hit 25 psi boost. Plus I put a BPD oil cooler in it to keep from pulling the cab, turbo etc to change the OEM oil cooler.
Hated working on it though! If you really want one, I'd invest in a 2 post lift and learn to pull the cab. You might need that.
.
.
.
Good luck
5.9and6.0, john galt and Got Dirt? like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

1991 F350 4x4, 7.3 IDI Flatbed, 5 speed...sold

2008 F250 SCLB 6.4...Sold


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SparkyF250 is offline  
post #32413 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,385
Thanks: 122
Thanked 268 Times in 257 Posts
Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm gonna try and load my SRL revision for my stock injectors today.
On the sct 50hp I'm getting 9mpg. I figure I should be seeing around 12-13.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
j.flow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32414 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 02:07 PM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,254
Thanks: 1,021
Thanked 628 Times in 606 Posts
Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am blessed in that i have only driven a 7.3 and a 6.0 while i love the sound of the drive-ability of the 6.4 6.7 and i do like some of the interior upgrades... i am very happy with my little 6.0.
and i really dont need a truck payment these days

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
post #32415 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 671
Thanks: 73
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Why you have to lower it? Laws there? Where are you again, I know you said before, but it's been awhile?

UAE
Every vehicle has a yearly inspection they are not passing lifted vehicles.
All the Jeep guys are putting stock lifts passing and putting the lifts back on it.
Bit tricky to do with this beast.

Some help would be great!

Can you run LT285/75 On a stock height excursion?
john galt likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2

Last edited by 5.9and6.0; 05-13-2019 at 06:31 PM.
5.9and6.0 is offline  
post #32416 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
repalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 82 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9and6.0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Why you have to lower it? Laws there? Where are you again, I know you said before, but it's been awhile?

UAE
Every vehicle has a yearly inspection they are not passing lifted vehicles.
All the Jeep guys are putting stock lifts passing and putting the lifts back on it.
Bit tricky to do with this beast.

Some help would be great!

Can you run LT285/75 On a stock height excursion?
That's where I thought you were.

Stock height can be fudged a little. Would stock f 350 suspension with a Ford leveling spring be considered ok? It would fit 285s no problem.

I don't know how much difference there is in the ex stock height compared to a pickup, but would bet they would fit with a leveling kit also. Just fill the wheel wells a lot more. 285/75/16 are about the same as 33s. Maybe have to trim the bumper a little
repalmer is offline  
post #32417 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,254
Thanks: 1,021
Thanked 628 Times in 606 Posts
Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so if i remember correctly you have to be within 6" of the fender?
or does it get more complex than that?
pretty sure a leveling kit will fit your 285's with proper off set etc...
but i am no expert and am just going from what i have read elsewhere ie: here

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
post #32418 of 32932 Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
repalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 82 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9and6.0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Why you have to lower it? Laws there? Where are you again, I know you said before, but it's been awhile?

UAE
Every vehicle has a yearly inspection they are not passing lifted vehicles.
All the Jeep guys are putting stock lifts passing and putting the lifts back on it.
Bit tricky to do with this beast.

Some help would be great!

Can you run LT285/75 On a stock height excursion?
What changed after you got it inspected initially? I don't remember if you told us before, sorry. I remember, like galt said, that tires had to be within 6 in of wheel wells, but that's all
john galt likes this.
repalmer is offline  
post #32419 of 32932 Old 05-14-2019, 12:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 671
Thanks: 73
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
That's where I thought you were.

Stock height can be fudged a little. Would stock f 350 suspension with a Ford leveling spring be considered ok? It would fit 285s no problem.

I don't know how much difference there is in the ex stock height compared to a pickup, but would bet they would fit with a leveling kit also. Just fill the wheel wells a lot more. 285/75/16 are about the same as 33s. Maybe have to trim the bumper a little


Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
so if i remember correctly you have to be within 6" of the fender?

or does it get more complex than that?

pretty sure a leveling kit will fit your 285's with proper off set etc...

but i am no expert and am just going from what i have read elsewhere ie: here

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
What changed after you got it inspected initially? I don't remember if you told us before, sorry. I remember, like galt said, that tires had to be within 6 in of wheel wells, but that's all

Lucky the bumper is trimmed already. The truck failed the first time my wife spoke with the cop and he passed but stated it will fail next time.
They are cracking down on lifts at the inspection but not after inspection ....

Itís not like they even know what a stock height diesel excursion is.. the only other one is in Dubai and he is running semi truck tires....!! With like 18+ inch of lift!

With my status tied to the U.S. I need to play the game properly...

Yes they said max 6 inch, but they donít use inch. Itís the metric system here so Iím not sure why they said inchís yet lol. Right now itís 12 inchís from top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel-well.

I remember something about J leaf springs given a little lift and better ride quality? Ring a bell?

I kick my self for not swapping the lift in the states still! I knew this could be coming..



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is offline  
post #32420 of 32932 Old 05-14-2019, 01:35 AM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,254
Thanks: 1,021
Thanked 628 Times in 606 Posts
Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9and6.0 View Post
Lucky the bumper is trimmed already. The truck failed the first time my wife spoke with the cop and he passed but stated it will fail next time.
They are cracking down on lifts at the inspection but not after inspection ....

Itís not like they even know what a stock height diesel excursion is.. the only other one is in Dubai and he is running semi truck tires....!! With like 18+ inch of lift!

With my status tied to the U.S. I need to play the game properly...

Yes they said max 6 inch, but they donít use inch. Itís the metric system here so Iím not sure why they said inchís yet lol. Right now itís 12 inchís from top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel-well.

I remember something about J leaf springs given a little lift and better ride quality? Ring a bell?

I kick my self for not swapping the lift in the states still! I knew this could be coming..



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i am going to bet they had to either look up stock height or ask someone in the US and that is why they said inches because they only have 2 including yours and have not bothered to do the conversion yet...my thoughts anyways.
play the game keep your parts and put it back how you want when you get home.
i am betting there is not a lot of places that you will find you need excessive travel in the suspension there anyways, but i could be wrong about that all i remember is flat and sand dunes

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome