LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #30881 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
Subwoofer box showed up from supercrewsound. Although the transaction was great, we wont dispute that. I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the product. The carpet is loose and baggy on top, and around the corners its torn. It looks like a $50 craigslist subwoofer box. Ill unfortunately be sending an email

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's incredibly disappointing, hopefully it'll get worked out

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30882 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got goodies today. Already put mirrors on and it's too dark to get a picture and oil change this weekend. Only 3 gallons cause I have another gallon in the garage from last time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
backhoebill and john galt like this.

Colin
04 f250 FX4 6.0 4x4 Auto
EGR weight loss program, SCT tunes, Blue Spring update, cold air intake, 4" turbo back 5" stacks, coolant filter, fuel sump.
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
post #30883 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1239 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Then they are overspending in the first place.

Agreed. I got my first mastercard at 18, and bought a lift for my truck. The lift didnít work, so I got my $1800 back and DIDNT pay off the card. STUPID MISTAKE. For a lot of years I didnít buy things my friends all had, and I drove used cars that I built. If I cannot afford to pay cash, then it is above my means. I have gotten in a pickle from mishaps and emergencies from time to time, like my $14,000 helicopter ride to the hospital, which my insurance didnít cover. But if I use a card, it is strictly for warranty and/or points. My card gets paid monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30884 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
I didn't get a credit card until a few years ago. Only has a $500 limit.I use it when I go out of town or emergencies.If it gets used it gets paid of right after.

SparkyF250 likes this.
post #30885 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Well. Went to throw this thing in the truck. It does not fit with the power window motor. So since its there already I removed the window motor bracket and dropped it in. But theres no where to put the bracket back and I'm pretty pissed. It rattles like hell because of how tight it is also because of the window situation. I made it clear every time we spoke that I had a power rear slider. I thought for once I could give my credit card number to a professional and that be the end of my worry.

As the Donald would say, "sounds good, doesn't work"

SparkyF250 likes this.
post #30886 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
@j.flow

Outrageous Audio has one for our trucks in stock. Not sure on price. But it's nice looking.

If i remember right, this is the one they have up there. They are on 192nd and Stark

https://www.carid.com/2007-ford-f-25...840324000.html

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!

Last edited by -Falcon-; 02-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.
post #30887 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 08:10 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
That's scary AF too.

I always wanted a bike, but EVERYONE in my life said NO!!! I had a little problem with speed and adrenaline when I was younger. It was my drug of choice. I'm sure I wouldn't be here if I had gotten one
i wanted a bike and wanted a bike...have i ever mentioned i used to drink a lot?
my old town 100 people a bar, postoffice, pizza parlor and a mini mart... so you pretty much knew everybody
took my bike to the bar one after noon stayed for a good long while buddy at the bar was making gin and tonics by filling my glass with gin and waving the tonic bottle over it before handing it to me...i was pretty lit. went to go home and in a moment of clarity realized i was doing a 3rd gear wheelie at 85 in my neighborhood...slowed right down pulled the bike into the back yard and never rode it again. gave it to a neighbor of mine after that
i loved riding and today it would be a very different story than when i was younger than J.mo is now but i didnt want to risk ever doing something that stupid again even if there was no one else living on my street at the time and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Scotiabank Visa. Stupid thing is all they would have had to do was say, that's not right give us the refund number and let us look into it.
The other stupid thing is, I'm looking at buying my own semi truck and becoming a sole proprietor. As I told them I was looking at a loan of $160,000, and probably a credit card with a $10,000 limit. Now instead of Visa it's going to be a master card through my credit union. But hey if they don't need/want my business.....
i dont use master card because of their attempts to stifle the first amendment rights of some people i know on you tube etc. corporations care about the money not the individual really not saying this very well at the moment but...

Quote:
What I'm trying to convey is, they dont care lol

you are correct.
they offer a service but the truth is they only care about how you will serve them

Quote:
I deal with a smaller bank too. Bank of the west. they treat me well. Chase was awful. Even as a private client, which there is no lines and you dont call 1-800 numbers for anything. You call your private banker in the local branch and they do everything you need. But it still sucked.
The ladies at my local BOW branch know me, they know my gf, they dont pull technicaltors and we are on a very friendly basis. I enjoy it. they even cut and signed a cashier's check a few years ago when I was in Florida and was trying to finalize a boat purchase when I bought my sanger. They held the paperwork and title for me until I got back, if I need something I send summer and she signs my name. Just good old small town stuff. Tjeres 12k people in my town

bow was my bank for decades. not exactly a small bank anymore hsbc owns them but back in the day, they were terrific.
i liked trukee river bank even better but in the 80's bow bought them out ...thats banking

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
^^So sayeth the guy who's never been married or had children. LOL

I don't disagree with you, but life happens sometimes. Staying debt free is the best course of action.

I currently have some pretty substantial debt, CC and otherwise, but I am handling it and enjoying life in the process.
i never had less than half a mill on hand at any time for decades but man i busted my back lost my company damn near lost my kid and life sure is different these days
chit does happen just gotta keep doin right

Quote:
If someone doesnt have an extra emergency stash, then they dont need a $1500-2500 mortgage, 2 car payments, a harley or a boat lol.
I have this talk with my friends on a weekly basis. They are living above their means in the first place. It's an American thing. 90% of Americans do, regardless of income level.

reminds me of my oldest son his monthly expenses are about 35k just for basics
now with 5 kids hes always on the edge at over a mill a year income

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
Agreed. I got my first mastercard at 18, and bought a lift for my truck. The lift didnít work, so I got my $1800 back and DIDNT pay off the card. STUPID MISTAKE. For a lot of years I didnít buy things my friends all had, and I drove used cars that I built. If I cannot afford to pay cash, then it is above my means. I have gotten in a pickle from mishaps and emergencies from time to time, like my $14,000 helicopter ride to the hospital, which my insurance didnít cover. But if I use a card, it is strictly for warranty and/or points. My card gets paid monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats cheap when i had my stroke i think my care flight was 3800 bucks plus a week in the hospital in reno being poke and prodded and allowed to do everything but get some sleep and rest which is probably why i blew a gasket in the first place
my youngest ran over a mill and we damn near lost him never been so scared in my life
thankfully i may be used up but hes doing great just started his first job and hes killing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
I didn't get a credit card until a few years ago. Only has a $500 limit.I use it when I go out of town or emergencies.If it gets used it gets paid of right after.

thats closer to where i am at these days and i dont even manage to get my balance paid off anymore right now...but i working on it getting chit straight again that is
life happens while you are making other plans take time to smell the roses on the way and be sure when you punch your ticket it was worth the ride

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #30888 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
@john galt he must be living it up at $35k a month in expenditures.
That's about a mortgage on a $1.5m house, a couple exotic car payments, a nice boat, a lake house in Tahoe and about $10k a month in fluff for other extracurricular expenses lol

john galt likes this.
post #30889 of 33835 Old 02-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
... like my $14,000 helicopter ride to the hospital ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
... thats cheap when i had my stroke i think my care flight was 3800 bucks ...
I think that you missed a zero there. He said 14-large.

If the contest is medical expenses... My daughter showed up 11 weeks early weighing a whopping 2lbs. 4oz. She's fine now. ...but the med expenses from when she popped out until she went home were a cool $750K. With insurance, I only had to pay about $30K of it and used cash on hand, but watching the total get racked up was like watching the US National Debt Clock. Lol.

It did make me appreciate how someone else who might be underinsured and/or underemployed could be nuked by a random situation. Sometimes chit just happens.
Patriot, john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
post #30890 of 33835 Old 02-22-2019, 05:05 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 3182 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i wanted a bike and wanted a bike...have i ever mentioned i used to drink a lot?
That's why I rode a 52 Pan Head in my younger heavy drinking days. Kick start only, if I was too drunk to start it, I was definitely too drunk to ride it.
Though I kept the darn thing tuned so well it always started on the first kick.
In other words it's possible, that maybe I may have rode it drunk on a couple of occasions, maybe...

Quote:
@john galt he must be living it up at $35k a month in expenditures.
That's about a mortgage on a $1.5m house, a couple exotic car payments, a nice boat, a lake house in Tahoe and about $10k a month in fluff for other extracurricular expenses lol
Did ya miss the part about the 5 kids?
But your still right, $35k a month is livin large.
john galt likes this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode