6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3061 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 57966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #30601 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow thats crazy I taught here I Quebec was bad pretty much nothing compared to your situation.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30602 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 05:52 PM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh1282 View Post
Do you guys take chains with you when traveling to the snow? Even with 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chain Requirements

You live in Nor Cal so you should know that Caltrans requires all light vehicles to carry chains for at least 1 axle when entering a chain controlled area. Even 4WD/AWD vehicles with snow rated tires.
BTL
backhoebill and john galt like this.

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4 SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8 draw tube
post #30603 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
Chain Requirements

You live in Nor Cal so you should know that Caltrans requires all light vehicles to carry chains for at least 1 axle when entering a chain controlled area. Even 4WD/AWD vehicles with snow rated tires.
BTL

I know about that bout I personally dont know anyone who carries chains in their 4x4 truck.

Im heading to Reno tomorrow and a buddy brought it up and wanted to see what other guys do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2005 F250 CCSB 4x4: Edge insight CTS2 with EAS EGT probe, SCT X4 with Gearhead tunes, Blue spring mod, XDP coolant filter, Cat ELC, High idle mod, 6.4 starter, Fumoto drain valves for coolant and oil, Harpoon mod, 08+ towing mirrors, transmission pan and filter, tailgate and tail lights, 2016 rear leaf springs, Rancho RS9000XL shocks. More to come.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30604 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:15 PM
BTL
Premium Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
6.0 Chat Thread

Copy that. Thanks for bringing it up. I have an old set from a 1/2 ton Chevy that I need to check to see if they will fit on my Ford.
Sorry for using the C word...
BTL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4 SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8 draw tube
post #30605 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i kinda want a snorkel but it would be absurd on this truck if it didnt rreally get colder air to the engine. obviously this will never be a deep water crossing truck

im sure if you insulated it real good with a header wrap or something of the sort as you went through your engine compartment i believe it would still have the effect of a "Cold Air Intake". with the look of your truck i think a snorkel would really set it apart even more than it already is. maybe even through a " who is john galt" decal on the tube outside the fender

im not a big fan of the open filter right where the stock airbox was, but my OE box was all broken so i needed something and my budget at that time said this is what i was getting

on a side note i really just need this engine to hold together long enough that i can go back to ohio and grab my 06 engine thats sitting at my parents place. that was supposed to be the engine i build for this thing while i wait for my 04 engine to give up the ghost.

im really hoping my cap was just bad and the coolant was overfilled. i dont really feel like dropping $2200 in parts just to keep an engine i wanna use as a table running
john galt likes this.

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"

Last edited by Kryptic_361; 02-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.
post #30606 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahcure04 View Post
You offroad that often to warrant 2 winches?
Nope. But figured since I was building the bumpers, might as well.

I was in a situation a long time ago when I had another truck. I had the Warn winch that was in a cradle that went into a receiver hitch. I had a front bumper with a receiver hitch. Anyway, I got stuck and couldn't get out. Only place to latch on was 130ft. Behind me. If not for the winch being on the back, not sure how long I would have been there. Wasn't very many people on the trail that day.

So I figured I might as well throw one in there also. Cost me about another $1500 (winch, rope, fairlead, wire, and shackle), but I don't care. I'm sure someday I'll use it.
john galt likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30607 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:42 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin7.3 View Post
im sure if you insulated it real good with a header wrap or something of the sort as you went through your engine compartment i believe it would still have the effect of a "Cold Air Intake". with the look of your truck i think a snorkel would really set it apart even more than it already is. maybe even through a " who is john galt" decal on the tube outside the fender

im not a big fan of the open filter right where the stock airbox was, but my OE box was all broken so i needed something and my budget at that time said this is what i was getting

on a side note i really just need this engine to hold together long enough that i can go back to ohio and grab my 06 engine thats sitting at my parents place. that was supposed to be the engine i build for this thing while i wait for my 04 engine to give up the ghost.

im really hoping my cap was just bad and the coolant was overfilled. i dont really feel like dropping $2200 in parts just to keep an engine i wanna use as a table running
yea i have always heard of great ait temp reductions with a good snorkel but i cant seem to find one for the 6.0 and face it with all the stupid sensors and compiuters and harness issues ...well it would really only be good fro iat temps and nothing more without some seriousl redesign on the ecu and harness and high temp silicone on every sensor and it aint worth it...if i want ed to build a deep crossing rig i would start with a unimog
and on the "who is" front i do have a plate frame for the rear complete with added org sticker
see sig pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
Nope. But figured since I was building the bumpers, might as well.

I was in a situation a long time ago when I had another truck. I had the Warn winch that was in a cradle that went into a receiver hitch. I had a front bumper with a receiver hitch. Anyway, I got stuck and couldn't get out. Only place to latch on was 130ft. Behind me. If not for the winch being on the back, not sure how long I would have been there. Wasn't very many people on the trail that day.

So I figured I might as well throw one in there also. Cost me about another $1500 (winch, rope, fairlead, wire, and shackle), but I don't care. I'm sure someday I'll use it.
i have had winches for years and have only used them for my self a couple times...
the rear winch is nice but most times i can get em out with a good strap or the front winch depending on whats easier... i only needed a rear once because i was trying to pull a guy up a hill and back onto the road where he went off and he was pulling my truck over the edge instead of his up so i had to hook the rear winch to hold my truck in place and then front winch him up and back onto the road...
but as far as winches i kinda figure its like a gun
i would MUCH rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it
oh and i DO off road a lot hell i live on dirt roads out in the forest great for a nice place to live but it sucks for keeping the truck clean

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 02-10-2019 at 12:28 PM.
post #30608 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
A clean truck is a truck that does not get used.
nitrogen and john galt like this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30609 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
Chain Requirements

BTL

^^^^^THIS is the sole reason I bought chains for the F250. I have been stopped and checked one time ever by CHP near Yosemite. They were not letting anyone go without 4x4 AND carry chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #30610 of 34469 Old 02-09-2019, 08:35 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
maybe it is the obvious off road builds i do but i have never been anything but waved through...
except once in the caddy but that dont count
so chains for 34 to 35" tires....
anyone know of any deals out there or even agood place to look?
i should still have a back pack eith chains for my old 33 12's from my old toyota that would probably fit the 34's i am running for winter right now... but no idea where they are, or rather if they are where i think they are i would have to move too much chit to get at them to make it worth while right now.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode