57991Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #30591 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well update:

Threw a new radiator cap from the parts store on it. And did the same type of condition that it was puking before. And this time around no puking , no coolant smell, and no coolant on the degas bottle. Maybe it was just a little overfilled and the cap was bad ? I need to get a pressure gauge on it soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
backhoebill and john galt like this.

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30592 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Just went driving in the snow for the first time with this truck. It was only 3 inches. I must say, this truck is fun. Those Nitto Ridge Grapplers worked very well in the snow and slush.
john galt, BTL and voodooridr like this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30593 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i am real happy with my plate mount cam. and they are cheap

i tell ya if you get one....you wont go back to not having one

i would like to do this one of these days but it will be a while

I may be getting radius arms and springs to upgrade my wifeís Ď06 to newer rear leafs. I will keep you in mind if I do. Some guy lifted his 2012 and has all the parts for $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to backhoebill For This Useful Post:
john galt (02-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30594 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Do you guys take chains with you when traveling to the snow? Even with 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2005 F250 CCSB 4x4: Edge insight CTS2 with EAS EGT probe, SCT X4 with Gearhead tunes, Blue spring mod, XDP coolant filter, Cat ELC, High idle mod, 6.4 starter, Fumoto drain valves for coolant and oil, Harpoon mod, 08+ towing mirrors, transmission pan and filter, tailgate and tail lights, 2016 rear leaf springs, Rancho RS9000XL shocks. More to come.....
post #30595 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Nope. If you know how to drive, don't really need them. I have alot of experience driving in snow and ice. I lived in Denver for 10 years and went up skiing every weekend during the ski seasons.

No quick throttles, no hard braking (slow and steady), no quick jerks of steering wheel, leave plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front of you. Easy enough. Just patience.
john galt and voodooridr like this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30596 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
/\/\/\ what he said

The only time I needed chains, is when I knew I shouldn't have been where I was. Deep off road on a cattle trail in about 3 ft. of snow.
john galt likes this.
post #30597 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
I always keep good chains in my rear floorboard once snow flies. It is good common sense for someone as spontaneous as me. Just the same, my 10 year-old Pewag chains are new-never-been-used.

john galt, SparkyF250, BTL and 1 others like this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #30598 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 04:50 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
I dont know. I forget.
i do that too
if you meant the mounting the winch inside the back bumper? thats the only way to do a permenant mount
i may do that but i might just get a cheaper decent rear bumper and most of those dont come with room or mounting for a good winch.
honestly as much as i am likely to have to use it mounting a second winch on a reciever plate would likely be just fine plus if i ever wanted to use it with the ol suburban i could
none of this is likely to happen in the near future anyways so i got time to decide

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #30599 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
You offroad that often to warrant 2 winches ?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
post #30600 of 34489 Old 02-09-2019, 05:10 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin7.3 View Post
This is the dieselsite intake actually. And I like it. But I'll probably switch over to the s&b intake honestly. I dont like how this one connects to the turbo. It's not perfectly bent.

And I'm gonna try a new radiator cap and see what happens on the drive home from waco maybe the cap is bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
i kinda want a snorkel but it would be absurd on this truck if it didnt rreally get colder air to the engine. obviously this will never be a deep water crossing truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
I may be getting radius arms and springs to upgrade my wifeís Ď06 to newer rear leafs. I will keep you in mind if I do. Some guy lifted his 2012 and has all the parts for $200

you are my hero that would be amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh1282 View Post
Do you guys take chains with you when traveling to the snow? Even with 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i used to but it has been years since i even had chains for anything but the wifes caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
I always keep good chains in my rear floorboard once snow flies. It is good common sense for someone as spontaneous as me. Just the same, my 10 year-old Pewag chains are new-never-been-used.

this really is the right way to do it ... period
i kinda figure with good studded snow tires and good 4x4 if i need chains to get there...it just aint worth it

my old house was at 8300 ft above the west shore of Tahoe we got more snow than pretty much anywhere on earth and there were numerous times i had to chain all fours to get out and back
in 83 we had our plow busted and 27feet on the road NO ONE was getting out. we had one guy with a good sno mo and he was making runs to town to get food for everybody.
plus when things were slow my old room mate and i would go put chains on for the tourists on donner summit for 20 bucks a pop we could easily knock out 4 or 5 an hour each even with people being stupid and slowing us down...
so it was pretty good money in the 80's

that said i did have a pretty hairy ride this morning after picking up the kid from work in town the road is just too much ice and i slide a semi controlled free skid to the bottom of my road
i managed to get up and get the truck in the driveway but i was unable to back it in so getting out tonight could be pretty scary
still hoping the plow is coming by today but...so far nothin we will need the grader to make a dent in the ice packed to our clay road base or its drive the berm and try to keep it from getting sideways on the way down the hill

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode