post #30561 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i have one got it off amazon and i love it.
i think it ran me like 80 bucks...
if i can find a link i'll post it for ya
https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Camera...648787&sr=8-19
looks like the prices have come down a bunch since the wireless ones came out
i will add there is NO greater invention to make hooking up a trailer easy
i cant even see my wood splitter and without the back up camera there is no way i would be able to get that thing hooked up
That thing is only like 20 bucks. I may give that a try just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
@john galt you should black out plate numbers on the net. People can use those to make false claims and/or find your address.
JG is an old he coon. He knows all the tricks.
john galt likes this.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30562 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
My cameras are built into the license plates themselves. I dont have them hooked up yet, but the guys at the stereo shop said these were pretty clear. I need to install the stereo before i can get them hooked up. One thing i dont like is that these cameras have the lines built into it. Cant turn them off. At least i can turn them off on the receiver so they dont over lap.

These are the ones i bought......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Car-Rea...cAAOSwRYNb8iVT
john galt likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30563 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My cameras are built into the license plates themselves. I dont have them hooked up yet, but the guys at the stereo shop said these were pretty clear. I need to install the stereo before i can get them hooked up. One thing i dont like is that these cameras have the lines built into it. Cant turn them off. At least i can turn them off on the receiver so they dont over lap.

These are the ones i bought......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Car-Rea...cAAOSwRYNb8iVT
One for the front and one for the back?
john galt likes this.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30564 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Garage
Yes. If you look at my bumper build thread, you can see how they are mounted.

The Kenwood 9903s receiver can have both front and rear cameras.
partyman97_3 likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!

post #30565 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:49 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman97_3 View Post
That thing is only like 20 bucks. I may give that a try just because.

JG is an old he coon. He knows all the tricks.
yea i paid 80 or so for pretty much the same thing its not an exact match, but its damn close.
like i say it works wonder for hooking up the hitch to stuff way better than a ground guide ...
even an experienced one

and wait...i am an old coon?
and i dont know all the tricks but i got a few

Quote:
Yes. If you look at my bumper build thread, you can see how they are mounted.

The Kenwood 9903s receiver can have both front and rear cameras.
same stereo only thing i DONT like about it is having to log in every damn time i start the truck.
unless there is a trick to that i dont know yet
at some point i need to get my amp or a newer amp hooked up and better speakers but it sounds good and i LOVE the garmin

i want a couple rock / pothole cameras but i want a separate split screen for those
and i need to find a way to add a better dimmer to my gauge pods...and redo the seats and heaters...then the interior will be pretty much done until i add an arb fridge
and i will likely do that in the back with supporting solar on the camper roof
and i need to do a bunch more research into batteries...i have a couple decent red tops for the back but i guess they dont like freezing so much but still better than nicad from what i hear so
partyman97_3 likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #30566 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:52 PM
california deplorable

oh and the plate mount i made for the front seems to be working out great. i finally found the metal clamps i wanted but so far even in these temps the plastic ones seem to be doing great so that upgrade will probably get back burnered...
next big project is a ton of wiring for at least three sets of lights and a custom burl wood sjirt for the hole in the dash where they will sit...then a more elaborate anti thieft device...non lethal this time

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #30567 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:58 PM
california deplorable

oh and the rear winch which i think i am going to do on a temp set up rather than running wires i might have it locked uup in the back and if i need it i can reciever hitch it and power it with jumper cabes.
not the super clean behind the plate set up i have for the front but most of the time i need my winch it is for other people anyways so i can use the front winch and keep the one for the back locked up unless i need it for myself to get out of something ...god forbid
but i could do that set up with what is here easy peasey and it wont matter when i do get or build a new rear bumper as it wont have to be permenant...plus if we are road tripping in the wifes suburban i could use it on her truck as well...
just a thought but it seems like an easy answer

I like mead

post #30568 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Garage
My next project, when it gets warmer, is start the install for the stereo system. Lots of fiberglass work for the sub/amp box and for the door panels. Also need to build that switch overhead console so i can get the cb working and all those lights.

After that is done, going to put on the OUO steering stabilizer kit and front/rear diff covers.

Then start saving for the engine and upgrades.
john galt likes this.

UPGRADES:

post #30569 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Garage
Just do what i did John!

UPGRADES:

post #30570 of 34470 Old 02-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 3295 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I had Jeff's money (I'd burn mine) I'd get the one that goes in the tailgate handle, OEM style. They make em for our trucks about $130
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-1997-2...e/172864190329
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	handle.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	714487  
john galt likes this.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode