6.0 Chat Thread - Page 3041 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 58218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #30401 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 10:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have had weathertechs in 3 different vehicles now. My Cummins and my Silverado, they fit like a glove. Perfect. I love them and have no complaints. For some reason they fit like crap in the 6.0, so for the jeep i went factory mopar version of the weathertech liner style. They were cheaper, and boy do they fit awesome. Glad I did.
But I wonder what the deal is with these trucks. Lots of people say they have the same issue with fitment. Maybe I'll give weathertech a call. Mine are about 4 years old so maybe they corrected the problem, but they never have fit worth a damn from day 1

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30402 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 10:58 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 435 Post(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
first off
Happy Birthday to Vivian @ quick tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
I don't know. Those SnapOn left handed screwdrivers are just awesome! Same with their right handed pliers.

Seriously though. What turned me off with SnapOn is that their lifetime warranty is ONLY for the original owner. Which means their resale value is just crap.
those left handed screwdrivers are WELL worth the 370.00 they charge for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
Does caffeine make anyone else piss like a racehorse or just me.
Harley interior is going in today by the way.

was gunna say pic or ....but you got there before i could even say anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I have a Snap On 100 LB torque wrench that the ratchet slips, they fixed it once. It slipped again when I was just reaching 90 Ft Lbs and busted my knuckles real good. If a Snap On truck would have been going down the road about that time I'd prolly still be in prison. But I also have a 250 Ft Lb one with a flex head, that's a fantastic tool so I guess they balance out. They both sit in my HF box.

See below
come to think of it my old torque wrench was a strap on and i busted it doing the front end on my old suburban and bent it around a tree after and i still have a scar from that biotch

Quote:
Well. Shes in. Everything except dash and headliner. And idk about the headliner yet because the gray actually looks good as an accent to the gray on the Harley seats. And I didn't get to steam clean the carpet, or get the sound deadened quite AS clean as I'd like. But today was pretty much the only day I had, big rain expected the rest of the week/weekend.
So, we made do. And as usual done is better than perfect.
Btw, that ensolite is kind of a pita to deal with. It's an extra layer of deadening foam that goes over the butyl deadened to amplify the results achieved.

So heres some quick little progress snaps that I sent to summer. I'll take a few tomorrow in the daylight.

looks excellent i like the harley interior and gauges

Quote:
I have had weathertechs in 3 different vehicles now. My Cummins and my Silverado, they fit like a glove. Perfect. I love them and have no complaints. For some reason they fit like crap in the 6.0, so for the jeep i went factory mopar version of the weathertech liner style. They were cheaper, and boy do they fit awesome. Glad I did.
But I wonder what the deal is with these trucks. Lots of people say they have the same issue with fitment. Maybe I'll give weathertech a call. Mine are about 4 years old so maybe they corrected the problem, but they never have fit worth a damn from day 1

if they dont make it right i might buy em from ya for cheap
but if you can get them to replace them and do so in black that would be a big win

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #30403 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
those left handed screwdrivers are WELL worth the 370.00 they charge for them

was gunna say pic or ....but you got there before i could even say anything

Roll a couple left-handed cigarettes, and all screwdrivers are left-handed. On the other hand not sure why you would have even wanted a picture of jmo pissing like a racehorse...
john galt likes this.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30404 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

come to think of it my old torque wrench was a strap on and i busted it doing the front end on my old suburban and bent it around a tree after and i still have a scar from that biotch
At least you didn't break it off doing the back end. I would have thrown up in my mouth.
john galt likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30405 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Garage
Looks good @j.flow

I got Michelin Edgeliners for my '11 and so far they're good. They fit great, the only issue is who ever is at the warehouse has no idea how to package moulded materials like this so unfortunately the first set I got were bent way out of whack. Sent them back and got another set they they still couldn't package right so instead of the liner forming to the floor, it was a little flatter where the floor starts to go up near the pedal. Instead of hoping for a better set I just took a torch and remolded them. Other than that they fit really good.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #30406 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
6.0 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester00 View Post
They both have their pros and cons. I bought my truck with Weather Techs, however, I like the Huskys because I hunt & fish and constantly have standing water/mud/sand/muck in mine. I think the Huskys hold all that in the mat much better than the Weather Techs. Plus, the Husky has the center liner for the hump and the Weather Techs don't offer that for our trucks. I will say, the Weather Techs fitment is a tad bit better, as it lays more flat, but then again - I think the fitment and flatness contributes to the mat not doing it's job as well and keeping crap off your carpet - especially where it holds all the garb on the edges.

Obviously, this is just my experience with the two. It all depends on how you will use your truck. If it's a pavement princess, the Weather Techs will work just fine and look a bit better! If you're an outdoorsman and like to play in the mud/sand/water, I would suggest the Huskys.

-jokester

This makes me wonder if Husty has different sets or the same truck. My 06 as a separate one for each side and does not cover the hump in the front. My weather tech in my 2011 covers from one side to the other in one piece. It is definitely not the easiest to get it out the cleaning. But I really like how it stays in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jokester00 likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle

Last edited by backhoebill; 01-31-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #30407 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
This makes me wonder if Husty has different sets or the same truck. My 06 as a separate one for each side and does not cover the hump in the front. My weather tech in my 2011 covers from one side to the other in one piece. It is definitely not the easiest to get it out the cleaning. But I really like how it stays in place.

Husky does have three different variations at least for most applications, I think. X-Act Contour, WeatherBeater and Heavy Duty.
I have the X-Act Contour in my '17. They are the most expensive and probably have the best fitment, but I have not tried the other options.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #30408 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
I bought the Lund. The fitment is good, but not perfect. No problems with them since i put them in about a year and half ago.
john galt likes this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #30409 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I've had a similar experience with the Weathertechs. They fit perfectly in my '07 Expedition, but terribly in my '13 Focus. That's why I decided to give the Husky's a try in the '17. Well, that and a few recommendations from guys on here.
john galt likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #30410 of 34632 Old 01-31-2019, 12:36 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post

My '05 comes in separate pieces for the front two sides as well, and 1 whole piece for the back, however, the front hump liner for the middle is a separate part number, so you would need to order that. Pretty sure I have the heavy duty ones too. However, Weather Tech does not make a hump liner for the front middle for our pickups like the Husky does (at least i've never been able to find one). They may for the later models, but not the 99-07's. This is one of a few reasons why I went with the Husky. And i've used them before in my 1/2 ton Dodge with great results. I put them in my '04 Dodge the 2nd week I owned it (bought it new off the lot) and when I sold it in 2015, 11 years later, that carpet still looked brand new!

-jokester
john galt likes this.

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode