post #30371 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 3016 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
Just make sure he doesnt fall into the snap on hype. No need for $500 grease guns LOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah might be time for a trip to my buddies Harley shop, maybe if Jack see's how much money he's spent on boxes and tools, and he still can't get my torque wrench fixed for me Trouble is, the guys who spend all that money will try to justify it and push others to do the same. (misery loves company)

Stuff I use all the time and need to work, I'll buy quality tools, but dollar for dollar I'll put my HF tool box against any Snap On box and I'll have thousands left for tools to put in it.
john galt likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

1991 F350 4x4, 7.3 IDI Flatbed, 5 speed...sold

2008 F250 SCLB 6.4...Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30372 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 06:25 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Quote:
Just make sure he doesnt fall into the snap on hype. No need for $500 grease guns LOL

I think snap on and amsoil are two of the biggest ripoffs there is

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.
post #30373 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 06:43 AM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive seen several kids straight out of school already 15k in debt and still dont have the tools they need. But they have all the fancy stuff that isnt necessary.

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 285k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - Hercules 100hp FICM tune - SCT X4 - SPD Early TC Lock - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - LED Headlights and Fogs - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade - Accurate Diesel Fuel Bowl Cap - 285/75/R17 Cooper ATPs - Firestone Air Bags w/Onboard Pump -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30374 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ive seen several kids straight out of school already 15k in debt and still dont have the tools they need. But they have all the fancy stuff that isnt necessary.

I know the snappn guy in town hes my age. His dad passed the route down to him. Cool dude. He laughs because the techs take advances or payment plans, just to buy the tools they think they need for work, but they spend their entire check in a round and round spiral lol. Every week same thing.
He makes good money. The markup is phenomenal.

post #30375 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 09:23 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin7.3 View Post
Honestly I wanna do the supercharged 3800 swap from a gtp.
why? seriously there are better rides with more bang for the buck
but if your heart is set i know a guy i might be able to get you one for free
i would track down a mitsi gt 3000 WAY better car all the way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
vocational schools are typically less re-edumcation centers as traditional colleges
the one i graduated from was excellent and had zero politics of course that was like 40 years ago but

Quote:

yea there is a HUGE push for debt in this country
around here the guys who wrench for a living i know are either tapped out paying for their tools or are buying cheaper craftsman some hf proto etc stuff still got a lifetime warranty yea you have to return them your self but... matco does their own trucks and are a bit cheaper last i saw but i honestly havent paid attention for a few years so...

personally i have had excellent luck with my hf stuff again lifetime warranty but of course i am just trying to keep my chit working not wrenching all the time for a living and of course there are some hf tools you buy knowing they are disposable but their gear wrenches have spun MANY a bolt free for me with NO troubles what so ever...aside from me losing a few here and there
i did FIND one of my old 10mm sockets the other day when i was tinkering on the truck and changing the oil and filters and stuff
if thats not proof of a benevolent God i dont know what is
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #30376 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
why? seriously there are better rides with more bang for the buck

but if your heart is set i know a guy i might be able to get you one for free

i would track down a mitsi gt 3000 WAY better car all the way around
I just like playing around wirh random cars. I've built a couple camaros. An rx8 , a miata, a focus st, I turbod a 4.0 ranger back in high school. Not to mention I rebuilt my wifes 2013 mustang gt in the garage a few months ago ( we fed it alot kx nitrous and melted a piston Haha) right now I've got a TT 2011 gt in the garage getting a tube front end. Last time we dynod it, it was sitting at 14xx hp.

Just like the thought of a generally disliked car that would be fun to surprise people with. I'm big into autoX and road course racing ( COTA is 45 min from my house here and they do track days and such)

And I can get the SC3800 from a junkyard for next to nothing here they have a few of them just sitting in cars untouched.

Honestly I was thinking of building a 2wd 6.0 as a road course truck. But I can get a fiero for under $1000 all day here. And 2wd 6.0s are still in the 5k range. I'd love to play with another rx8. But once my second rotary are its apex seals. I just got rid of it and went to something else

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

Colin
04 f250 FX4 6.0 4x4 Auto
EGR weight loss program, SCT tunes, Blue Spring update, cold air intake, 4" turbo back 5" stacks, coolant filter, fuel sump.
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
post #30377 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

Baffles me how this place is in business and I actually have to compete with it

post #30378 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1224 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:

My 21 year old son is one of those that thinks he has to have the best of everything. Conversely, he is smart enough to have made a list, and told me he can fill his box with all the necessary “used” Strap-on tools for $3700. Mostly off of Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt, SparkyF250 and Jake6.0 like this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #30379 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post

Maybe running a meth math lab out of the back?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
john galt and Jake6.0 like this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #30380 of 32932 Old 01-30-2019, 10:40 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin7.3 View Post
I just like playing around wirh random cars. I've built a couple camaros. An rx8 , a miata, a focus st, I turbod a 4.0 ranger back in high school. Not to mention I rebuilt my wifes 2013 mustang gt in the garage a few months ago ( we fed it alot kx nitrous and melted a piston Haha) right now I've got a TT 2011 gt in the garage getting a tube front end. Last time we dynod it, it was sitting at 14xx hp.

Just like the thought of a generally disliked car that would be fun to surprise people with. I'm big into autoX and road course racing ( COTA is 45 min from my house here and they do track days and such)

And I can get the SC3800 from a junkyard for next to nothing here they have a few of them just sitting in cars untouched.

Honestly I was thinking of building a 2wd 6.0 as a road course truck. But I can get a fiero for under $1000 all day here. And 2wd 6.0s are still in the 5k range. I'd love to play with another rx8. But once my second rotary are its apex seals. I just got rid of it and went to something else

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ok i can respect that...go find a monza and force a big block into it talk about a sleeper pos lookin thing
one thing i LOVED about my 442 was...wel EVERYTHING!!!
but the fact it didnt look like it should be that fast yet i out ran 6 cop interceptors with that thing and got away clean i mean i think i could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
cheap azz gaz for cheap azzes... you should be servig a better clientele which is a terrifying thought with the scum bags you get through that place but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
My 21 year old son is one of those that thinks he has to have the best of everything. Conversely, he is smart enough to have made a list, and told me he can fill his box with all the necessary “used” Strap-on tools for $3700. Mostly off of Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont really have any snap on tools i think i have a screw driver and lets face it ya seen one ya seen em all... it has to be a real pos before the quality of a screw driver becomes an issue
used tools are good i HAD a set of snap on sockets at one point but they seem to have walked off
Jake6.0 likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode