post #30081 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
I Like Shiny Things :)

Thanked 1,177 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
What benefits am I seeing out of this s2 turbo with stock injectors that I wouldn't see out of a stock 03 turbo? Lower egt?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
With stock injectors, only thing you're going to see out of that is some better HP and lower EGTs at around 2750RPM and above. A stock one will be a little quicker to spool off idle but start to run out of air around 2500RPM....for a stock injectored truck that does towing duty and needs that higher low and midrange performance, I say hands down an S1/S1.5 built off of an 05+ turbo with the 13 bladed turbine is the best. The caveat on that that most don't like is that they lose the loud whistle with the 13 blade turbine.

2017 F250 CCLB KR "Nighthawk" Edition.....goodies to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30082 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
With stock injectors, only thing you're going to see out of that is some better HP and lower EGTs at around 2750RPM and above. A stock one will be a little quicker to spool off idle but start to run out of air around 2500RPM....for a stock injectored truck that does towing duty and needs that higher low and midrange performance, I say hands down an S1/S1.5 built off of an 05+ turbo with the 13 bladed turbine is the best. The caveat on that that most don't like is that they lose the loud whistle with the 13 blade turbine.
I gotta keep the whistle lol. I'm just thinking sell mine and go back to this 03 turbo I have an opportunity with. If I'm not getting a real benefit, I might as well put some money back in my pocket.

If the intake manifold and exhaust manifolds weren't a pita to get off I'd sell those too lol

nighthawk285 and voodooridr like this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #30083 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3144 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Im with you on the stainless thing. It's a great idea but it's not appealing. The mirrors I have in back but at 35 bucks a pop it sucks. The walls yep, spackle and paint. Its the glass mosaic tile that I really get hellbent on. Idk how to get that **** out.

In other news. About another 250 miles on the truck Wednesday back to reno. We are steaming towards 95k and an oil change. We will be at 100k before I know it and itll be most likely tire time. I'm excited to be running this old girl!

i will try again but i was unable to find the stuff i used to use at Jakes.
any fast drying clear polymer and a power sander with 200 and 400 would make it serviceable.
also i am SOOO dang glad to hear love in your voice for yor truck again

Quote:
What benefits am I seeing out of this s2 turbo with stock injectors that I wouldn't see out of a stock 03 turbo? Lower egt?

well it would actually shine at the rpms you are driving.
lower egt and massive top end...
I am going to go to a stage one or 1.5 when i get the cash laying around and i can talk to charlie a bit mine has been getting more and more laggy and i have been wondering what is going on with it. i think i am going to need a new intercooler. it seems like i am getting a leak and the boots all check out fine y pipe seems solid etc then someone mentioned their intercooler and it got me thinking... i forget the one everybody gets for staock replacement but that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Landowner? Hell the idiots in charge in commiefornia let illegal aliens vote in local elections.
Landowner, citizen (who knows what he's voting for, & maybe a civics test), and photo ID, might save the USA from becoming Venezuela in 2024
LMAO, the civics test would prevent the college kids from voting.
yup any requirement of actual knowledge would stop the college moronadons from voting...we deserately need acountability in our electoral process...but the demoncrats would never pass it and the replublicants are too big a bunch of pussies to make it happen
as to corruptifonicateya we are screwed...i am pretty sure they cheated to get gavey in but that guy is retarded. before i knew who the hell he was he kept popping up on my fascist book and i had to ask him to block me so i would see the idiocy he posts
now i almost wish i could call him out on his idiocracy now that he will be dirrectly ruining MY life and not just bay idiots in sanfranchithole...
but it is probably for the best that i cant
i have to believe voter fraud is responsible for him beating out John Cox who wasnt perfect but at least said the right things and seemed like he was going to try to fix this state...standard of living has been going down hill here since Reagan left as our gov and became president.
with the massive illegals dead people dead pets redistricting ballot harvesting ballot tampering electronic vote manipulation forced mail in ballots fraudulent mail tampering and ballot harvesting and i am sure i am forgetting a couple forms of commiefornia voter fraud being used in this state. the redistricting is kinda funny they cut up the conservative areas into four chunks with twisted shapes and even island cut into the districts to make it easier for demoncrats to win...
then the mail in thing we have always had a real voting place up until recently and suddenly our area is starting to go demoncrat
i call absolute BULLCHIT on that one this is a conservative enclave even with the imbeciles at our communisty college.
i want my state back and i want representatives that represent me instead of resent me
that really isn't to much to ask
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30084 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Quote:

Kc stage 1 with a 10 blade, works better with the stock injectors. 03 with a billet wheel does good to. The s2 with stock in injectors up above 7000ft get lag for towing. The s2r was like having best of both worlds until it eat bearings
nighthawk285 and john galt like this.
post #30085 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323flint View Post
Kc stage 1 with a 10 blade, works better with the stock injectors. 03 with a billet wheel does good to. The s2 with stock in injectors up above 7000ft get lag for towing. The s2r was like having best of both worlds until it eat bearings
I dont want to spend more money lol. If that's the case I'll just keep what I have. I'd rather buy a new gold rolex than put any more money in performance parts in this truck

64.7mm stg2 powermax
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
BPD 58v ficm
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #30086 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Sounds reasonable, but unlikely to happen
Thats why I'm doing relocation reconnaissance
(Sorry, thought i had quoted Mr Galt but faild)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune

Last edited by voodooridr; 01-15-2019 at 09:47 AM.
post #30087 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Quote:
I dont want to spend more money lol. If that's the case I'll just keep what I have. I'd rather buy a new gold rolex than put any more money in performance parts in this truck

Good used s2 is worth around $1000, I would at least put the billet wheel in the 03 turbo. In my eyes a 2003 with a billet wheel and stock injectors still works good.
nighthawk285 and john galt like this.
post #30088 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM

How do you guys store your leaf blowers in the garage. I have my weed wacker hung up on hooks but idk what to do with this leaf blower besides hang it too. Drives me nuts just laying around lol

64.7mm stg2 powermax
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
BPD 58v ficm
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #30089 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
It sits on the ground next to my trimmer...thats the last thing I need is one of them falling off the wall and hitting my wife's car.lol.

john galt and voodooridr like this.
post #30090 of 34520 Old 01-15-2019, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Little brother is a small engine mechanic. He says about the best thing you can do for all of your small engines is burn nothing but premium gas. If whatever is in your gas can is more than three months old just Chuck it in whatever gas-burning car you have the little bit of mix oil won't hurt anything. That's his only storage advice
junior125 and john galt like this.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode