post #29501 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
This will just be the frame, axles and some suspension parts. Ive heard good things about both Chassis Saver and POR15, but I seem to find POR15 being used more often.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
They're similar, both are moisture cured rather than chemical hardener or drying. I haven't used POR but CS has a longer working life and it's self leveling, not sure if POR is. It came out looking like black glass.

I did the axles with semi-gloss rust-oleum, the CS is kinda gloopy thick, looked a little overkill for the axle and diff. Diff cover is Ford engine paint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5768.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	712025   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_191640.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	712027   Click image for larger version

Name:	1025c.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	712029  
john galt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29502 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's this i see on the army about putting 2013+ steering boxes in our trucks?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.
post #29503 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Is a 2013 OEM steering box going to be better than a RedHead or BlueTop?

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29504 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Is a 2013 OEM steering box going to be better than a RedHead or BlueTop?
From what I read, substantially. Much larger in size, much better upgrade.

john galt likes this.
post #29505 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 08:56 PM

Anyone have problems with their power sliding window? Mine works intermittently and gets stuck a lot.

Anyone ever seen 21? Its 1 of the 2 movies that really get my blood flowing when I watch. The other is wolf of wallstreet.

post #29506 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Yes. Mine does. Not too worried about it. I hardly open it. I read its pretty standard on these trucks that it doesnt work correctly. 😞

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
post #29507 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
Yes. Mine does. Not too worried about it. I hardly open it. I read its pretty standard on these trucks that it doesnt work correctly. 😞
Never bothered me. Hasn't been right since I got the truck. But now with the camper shell and the dogs, I like to be able to have control and use it

john galt likes this.
post #29508 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 09:30 PM

Garage
@j.flow

I just thought of something....

The problem I'm having with my windows and alarm right now, is there is not enough voltage/current going to the windows module to properly operate the windows. This is because the modules sense the resistance of the windows going up and down. If not enough current or voltage, they malfunction. Batterries/alternator was only putting out 11.7 volts.

So, I'm wondering, if the wiring is too small for that rear window regulator and it can't get enough current because of dirt or seals tightening up that are causing too much resistance. I wonder if we upgrade that wiring, if that would help?
john galt and j.flow like this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!

post #29509 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
@j.flow

I just thought of something....

The problem I'm having with my windows and alarm right now, is there is not enough voltage/current going to the windows module to properly operate the windows. This is because the modules sense the resistance of the windows going up and down. If not enough current or voltage, they malfunction. Batterries/alternator was only putting out 11.7 volts.

So, I'm wondering, if the wiring is too small for that rear window regulator and it can't get enough current because of dirt or seals tightening up that are causing too much resistance. I wonder if we upgrade that wiring, if that would help?
I've been wondering if it's a relay issue. Sometimes it doesnt work at all, like theres no contact supplying power. Other times it slides right over. Others its slow like theres not enough juice. So I guess if it were a relay that would always be intermittent power, but wouldn't explain the slow weak movement. So idk. Weak motor and bad relay lol

post #29510 of 33830 Old 12-18-2018, 09:41 PM

Garage
That's what I'm saying. Too much resistance. When the time comes, I'm going to replace the wiring going to the switch, then to relay, then from battery to relay to motor. I doubt its the relay. Could be the coil in the relay, but doubt it. I have a feeling the wire is just too small and will not let enough current to flow through it, starving the motor. I wonder if the wire heats up when the motor gets bogged down. That would be a for sure indication the wire needs to be a larger gauge.
john galt likes this.

UPGRADES:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode