Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2552 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
Drive another 8 hours west and I'll buy more beer

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
If the traffic between Mobile and Biloxi is any indication, I'd say that 8 hours would probably be more like 16. I've never driven so slow on the interstate when there wasn't any accidents involved.
john galt likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25582 of 34518 Old 06-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Rubbing elbows again this evening at the Shakespeare ranch in lake Tahoe.
Across from me, sammy hagar, behind me, the gentleman who coined the phrase "what happens in Vegas stays in vegas"
To my right, john taffer, in front of me, the director of medicine from John Hopkins.
Also, a guy I'd like to talk to, the creator of the junk bond market.
Lots of big wigs here this evening

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #25583 of 34518 Old 06-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 1883 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
john galt, j.flow and partyman97_3 like this.

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25584 of 34518 Old 06-30-2018, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Garage
Quick question, when your truck is cold do you let it idle for a little bit in the morning? We had another family function and my uncle bought a 2014 6.7, then questioned what the little light that looks like a womans breasts (wait to start light) was about... And in my family's fasion everyone told him how big of an idiot he was, blah blah blah and how he's going to blow the truck up. Anyway, we got in the debate of letting the truck warm up.

We have my grandpa who will literally wait a half hour until the truck is fully warm before he will go ('99 F-350 7.3), my uncle who starts the truck up and goes ('07 F-350 6.0), my other uncle who uses the remote start when he gets out of the shower and lets it warm up for 5ish mins ('14 F-250 6.7), and my cousin who says "start 'er up and rev the piss out of 'er" (13 years old, blew up a lawn mower and dirt bike).

My grandpa believes if you don't let it warm up, the oil is too thick (mainly on colder days) and you will damage your injectors. My uncle with the 6.0 says if you let it warm up like grandpa you will clog the turbo with coal. My uncle with the 6.7 believes the cab should be warm or cool depending on the weather whenever he enters the cab. My cousin is... dumb.

I don't know who is right (if anyone), I just don't see the turbo's getting clogged because ambulances idle all the time, big rigs will idle all night, and they don't seem to have a big issue. I sort of get the idea with the thicker oil idea if you're like my cousin who thinks you should drive it like you stole it, but if you're easy on it you're not making the injectors work too hard so it shouldn't be an issue, right?

I leave at 5 AM every morning, my truck is so loud it wakes people up and you can smell the exhaust in the house if I let it idle so I just jump in and go. The first half mile is a 25 mph private road, then for the next 10 miles it's 50 MPH with 1 slight up hill then a down hill and then I'm doing 70 on the freeway. I just take it easy on the first half mile, then getting up to 50 MPH I don't let it get above ~2250 RPM as there's usually no one on the roads at that hour.

Then the glow plugs was another debacle, gramps only uses them if the truck is below freezing, my uncle and I always wait for the light to go out (maybe a couple cycles when it's really cold), and my other uncle just found out what they're for so he hasn't used them.
john galt likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #25585 of 34518 Old 06-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 1883 Post(s)
Garage
Summer months, start and go. Winter months, I let it warm up until the temp is above 90ish degrees and take it easy until shes warmed up a bit.

john galt likes this.

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #25586 of 34518 Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Below 50 Fahrenheit or thereabouts I'll let it idle the two minutes until the glow plugs go out. In my case I can hear the engine give a noticeable twitch in it's idle at that point. Then I just drive easy. I back out of the driveway put it into drive and just gently add 50 to a hundred RPM every couple seconds and let it slowly build up speed
john galt likes this.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
post #25587 of 34518 Old 07-01-2018, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
I would always let my diesels warm up for a minute or two when i drove them daily,in cold weather. When its warm out just get in and go.

post #25588 of 34518 Old 07-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
Rubbing elbows again this evening at the Shakespeare ranch in lake Tahoe.
Across from me, sammy hagar, behind me, the gentleman who coined the phrase "what happens in Vegas stays in vegas"
To my right, john taffer, in front of me, the director of medicine from John Hopkins.
Also, a guy I'd like to talk to, the creator of the junk bond market.
Lots of big wigs here this evening

Dude, that is Aaron Hagarís Beach Bar Rum wagon to the left there! He was talking about the partying gonna happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #25589 of 34518 Old 07-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 565 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
Summer months, start and go. Winter months, I let it warm up until the temp is above 90ish degrees and take it easy until shes warmed up a bit.

Or just buy a 6.7 and start and go.

I guess i also did that with the 6.4. The 6.0 i would let warm up a little.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
backhoebill and SparkyF250 like this.
post #25590 of 34518 Old 07-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
Dude, that is Aaron Hagarís Beach Bar Rum wagon to the left there! He was talking about the partying gonna happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Private event at the Shakespeare ranch.

backhoebill and john galt like this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode