57719Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25481 of 34284 Old 06-24-2018, 11:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I sent the guy an E-mail asking if he did any other engine work besides the EGR delete, if everything works, etc. etc. as well as what is it titled as and what is the title status of both trucks.
john galt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25482 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 03:01 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
sadly these days you cant take his word for it without question and inspection.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #25483 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Garage
He says it's registered as a '77 with a clean title and the engine is stock besides the EGR delete. Only work needed is getting the interior together. It sounds to me based on our E-mail conversation he didn't build this truck just because of his lack of knowledge on it.

Not sure I want a $10k project truck, but at the same time I don't need a truck and I can get a nice commuter car for the value of my truck and insurance would be significantly cheaper on a '77. The only reason I need a truck is to let people know I have.... well let's not go there, point being I don't need a truck lol. When I was 15 my first truck was going to be the '78-79 body style but after looking at a few I decided I needed something more reliable, easier to learn in, etc. etc. so I bought a '97 F-150. My uncle was selling his '77 F-250 highboy that I almost bought but I already bought my current truck so I couldn't afford that truck. He sold it to my cousin who will probably sell it so I might throw him an offer if I actually decide I want an older truck.

I might run up and look at it as I am retired until July 18th so I have nothing but time. I'll have to talk with CBP and see what the rules and regs are to import a vehicle like this, but from online it sounds like a paperwork nightmare if you're bringing it in to keep and be able to sell. Seems easier to bring it in and have it registered as a farm vehicle but then it'd never be legal on the road.
john galt and vicious customs like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25484 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 08:39 PM
california deplorable

i dont know man for 10 k you could put something together right for a high boy body style
just sounds pricey to me for a questionable proect truck
Red Ford likes this.

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #25485 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 1878 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like a big NOPE from me. A project like that can have a ton of issues, and theres not gonna be a manual you can google to figure it out and fix it. Id rather build my own than buy someone elses problems. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #25486 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Garage
Bug juice parts. This nozzle is really nice.

Justin

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -

TPB!
post #25487 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 10:26 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Garage
Kill switch. Hahaha

Justin

TPB!
post #25488 of 34284 Old 06-25-2018, 10:44 PM
california deplorable

i cant wait to hear ore about that set up when yohu get it finished

we are getting a lot of smoke up here from fires took the truck up to the water tank to see where it was coming from looks like its still way off so far info on the web is about useless so...

I like mead

post #25489 of 34284 Old 06-26-2018, 05:38 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post

Alright....I don't want to be that azzhole...(who are we kidding) but here we go...

1. WHY water meth?
2. 6.0s have a water system built in if you use the factory EGR cooler. No need to add one.
3. Nothing says reliability like rusting your motor from the inside out.
4. Did you also install a Bank Big Hoss kit with the W/M kit?
waggonerj and partyman97_3 like this.
post #25490 of 34284 Old 06-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Love all, Trust a Few...

Mentioned: 365 Post(s)
Quoted: 1093 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post

I’ll also add, ask Charlie how he blew his personal truck up recently. Guess how?! Water Meth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toren302, SparkyF250 and waggonerj like this.

@loxdce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode