post #24981 of 34662 Old 05-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
$13k for an Excursion? There must be something wrong with it or it's got 500k miles on it? They wouldn't ask anything less than $19k for one like that around here on a lot. 2wd maybe?

I stopped by today because they had the hood open. It is a 7.3. I didn’t bother looking at the mileage. I only stopped to see if it was studded and had a coolant filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24982 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 01:45 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 435 Post(s)
Quoted: 3154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ferd View Post
That is the only good thing about it. I can get alot more done like grocery shopping,running for parts, etc..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yea the worst is getting one day off ...sunday when everything is closed and yu cant take care of business because you are always taking care of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
Washed it finally.. inside and out lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
that is NOT the same truck yohu had at UCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
I stopped by today because they had the hood open. It is a 7.3. I didn’t bother looking at the mileage. I only stopped to see if it was studded and had a coolant filter.

i'de be seen in a 7.3 ex that looked that nice

in other news got to log another couple hundred in the truck today...
i swear the more i drive it the better it runs just silky smooth all day today
MAN i LOVE this truck
hit a friends 50th bday and saw a few old tahoe people from back in the day
too sore to really enjoy myself but still had a good time for sure

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #24983 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 01:58 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
See im not crazy!!! this was a while back but I was saying how 03’s were a PITA to get the TC nuts off from the bottom. Heres why!

Notice the distance from the bottom on each one.

nah....
you're still crazy
you may be right about the holes but
you're still crazy

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24984 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 05:46 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2565 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

I wondered if that might be the case, but that's still a decent price of it's not super high mileage, is a 4x4 and in good shape otherwise.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #24985 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 07:38 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My first 4x4 was a ‘76 F250 highboy w/390 auto at 17. My next was a ‘72 that had a 460 swapped in. What a tire smoker!! I felt sorry for those 36” super swampers!

Seems like 76 to 72 was a large step backwards unless there were some other mods. My 72 had no power anything and drums on all 4 corners. 35-12.50's were so hard to steer at low speeds that I wouldn't dare go any bigger. Get out of a mud bog or a cross a creek and you could literally stand on the brakes going down hill and pray that you just slow down, forget about a complete stop. Still, it was a fun truck.
john galt likes this.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

post #24986 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
@mpholland sounds like a rough day...

Those older trucks look much better in the mud than the newer ones. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Loss of a child is something a mother can never accept. I can usually hold it together pretty well, but the wife falls apart still.

I loved that old truck, but there came a day when a bit too much Jack Daniels led to a confrontation with an apple tree that was about 30" in diameter. Hit dead on the left headlight bucket with so much force that it sheared all 6 bolts off the steering knuckle and the front wheel was only attached by the brake line . Fun times, glad I grew up a few years later . I still have the engine in my garage 15 yrs later. Should part it out some day. 428 crank, McLeod billet flywheel, kevlar clutch, early tall port heads with ss valves and hardened seats, Offy intake. 5K is nothing to drop into one of our engines, but it was a lot of money to me back then.
Patriot, john galt and waggonerj like this.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

post #24987 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Seems like 76 to 72 was a large step backwards unless there were some other mods. My 72 had no power anything and drums on all 4 corners. 35-12.50's were so hard to steer at low speeds that I wouldn't dare go any bigger. Get out of a mud bog or a cross a creek and you could literally stand on the brakes going down hill and pray that you just slow down, forget about a complete stop. Still, it was a fun truck.

I had 15”wheels, which made having the drum brakes necessary for fitment(yes, 8-lug 15’s). 15’s are good for wheeling. I added a power brake booster, and yes, the steering was a workout. But the ‘72 is now smog exempt in CA. Wish I still had it.

john galt likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #24988 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 09:46 AM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Loss of a child is something a mother can never accept.
You are correct.

I'm not a religious man, but I just prayed for her.
post #24989 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 11:29 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Loss of a child is something a mother can never accept. I can usually hold it together pretty well, but the wife falls apart still.
i can't and won't imagine...i spent everything i had so i would not have to know how you feel.
all i can say is I am sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
You are correct.

I'm not a religious man, but I just prayed for her.
as did i

I like mead

post #24990 of 34662 Old 05-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
First time towing with the 6.7
I am LOVING IT!!!

Yea, the 6.7 is a huge difference when it comes to power compared to the 6.0

But on a side note, is it me or do all 6.7 's have an issue with squatting in the back, even with a light load. Seems like my 6.0 doesn't sag at all no matter what you put on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode