post #24491 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Same here, once the rain rolled in everyone was making a dash to the gates. I enjoyed meeting Glen, Sean, Toren, and Scott this year. We didn't see Toren on Sunday so didn't have a chance to say bye, and Glen snuck out Sun morning to go plant corn, I know how that works, on the farm you have to do what you can when the sun is shining.

Yep I was there, had my boy with me. And j.mo wasn't there the whole time

That's a crew right there to do it! Oh and Charley has lot's more than just turbos now too

He didn't really need a mic, everyone heard him anyway

Fixed it for ya

It would have been better if they'd actually race side by side. Only a couple times all weekend they ran that way.

One of those problems was the window in the side of the engine. I know @j.flow has some good pics of Warren's carnage

Yeah read everyone's responses. A lot of stuff could have been run better. With the addition of the qualifiers there was more going on than last year but at times the action was painfully slow. Any time someone blew something up on the strip, the track crew would take an hour to clean it up. We were ready for them to race the zamboni against the track dryer, since they spent so much time out there.

WTF, main reason to go was to meet & hang out with some of the guys on here anyway. Like Justin & Ashley, Patriot, Partyman, J.mo & newest wife, Dan, Corey, and Charley. And new this year Toren & Jen, Sean & step son, And of course John Galt. (if I missed anyone, sorry)

Also what we saw of the events was ok,(you read the rants already) we saw some nice trucks, a bunch of show queens that exist just to look pretty getting on & off their trailers. Some were just like...why? It'd be nice to have 6 figures to build an undriveable truck, course I'd spend it on something else

My boy and I had fun, and we had a chance to take a few days off and spend some "quality" time together. (I use the word quality loosely)

I agree with everything Sparky said here. I just wanted to add a call out to @j.flow and @Patriot for getting @john galt to the event. Mr galt is everything I expected. I really enjoyed getting to put a face to all the names.

When I first joined the org, if someone would have told me I would be going to an event with a bunch of guys I met on the internet I would have called them nuts. Now I can say I made some new lifelong friends.

2003 F-350, CC, LB, 285/75/16, Autometer Gages, Fox 2.0's (Thanks to Corey), Sninister Bypass Coolant Filter, 4" Turbo Back,Leece-Neville 230 Amp Alternator, 6.4 litre starter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24492 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
You won't raise that generation in today's public schools and colleges. Jack is the way he is because he's never set foot in a public re-education camp. If he wants advanced education it'll be in a trade school. As for college, if you really think you need a degree, work for awhile then take night courses so you can get away from the progressive professors and snowflake students. IMO
Online school for the win

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
post #24493 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
One way to knock down some of the high-end stuff is to Simply make running a single-engine mandatory unless you physically blow the other one up Beyond reasonable repair. The other thing is get rid of the rolling dynos put in a real water break, and make the challenge the maximum horsepower you can sustain for 5 minutes straight. That gets rid of all the BS of microseconds at Peak horsepower and ridiculously astronomical numbers. The whole idea of a diesel was how much it could pull up a hill not how much power it could make for 1.0 milliseconds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24494 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 565 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yah but none of this will sell tickets, sooo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
waggonerj likes this.
post #24495 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 06:44 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman97_3 View Post
I agree with everything Sparky said here. I just wanted to add a call out to @j.flow and @Patriot for getting @john galt to the event. Mr galt is everything I expected. I really enjoyed getting to put a face to all the names.

When I first joined the org, if someone would have told me I would be going to an event with a bunch of guys I met on the internet I would have called them nuts. Now I can say I made some new lifelong friends.
as to the ford blue part...

SO much truth there.
i NEVER would have thought i would be off across the country to meet up with folks from the internet

but you guys are not most people
most people kinda suck...
org people are very much a cut above
and for that i am forever grateful

i second most of that

but the highlighted "indigo" part...
i am afraid to ask what you mean by that

probably better off NOT knowing

also @partyman97_3 you kinda ducked out before i got to say good bye
unless i was drunk and just dont remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
One way to knock down some of the high-end stuff is to Simply make running a single-engine mandatory unless you physically blow the other one up Beyond reasonable repair. The other thing is get rid of the rolling dynos put in a real water break, and make the challenge the maximum horsepower you can sustain for 5 minutes straight. That gets rid of all the BS of microseconds at Peak horsepower and ridiculously astronomical numbers. The whole idea of a diesel was how much it could pull up a hill not how much power it could make for 1.0 milliseconds
yea this might be a start to a more real world style of event
or at least have the option of
ridiculous impossible high hp rollers
or
a more realistic and down to earth style of dyno.

it would really cut down on the number of princess trucks blowing upp on the track too due to unrealistic build styles

in other news....

the idiot who was coughing all over the place on the first part of my flight out of reno.
apparently passed it along because i woke up monday morning so sick i couldn't even see.
then the shuttle took a half an hour longer than advertised so i missed my 5 am flight through phoenix and wound up on a 6 am flight through denver.
it worked out well though as i arrived in reno at the same time
but i am still sick as a dog right now and my wife had to take my sons friend back to reno because no one would get in a car with me
probably for the best...
this is one gift i would rather keep to myself

ok going to drag my self through the shower and try to regain some humanity
talk to you fine folks shortly

PS:
@Patriot
i forget her name, but when woke up and went down stairs, the girl at the desk was SO relieved to hear that you had already gone home with all of your phone apps

also...i dont remember you leaving did i pass out or was i just getting too sick to know what was going on?
SparkyF250 and partyman97_3 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 05-08-2018 at 09:10 PM.
post #24496 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 1192 Post(s)
Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It was great to see everyone again and a few new faces. @john galt , thank you very much for the mead. I'm getting excited to drink it up.

Sorry I wasn't much for conversation sometimes. I was rather tired and in a bit of pain standing for 12hrs each day in the booth.

www.cncfab.us

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.
post #24497 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Garage
UCC has the right ideas. Top dogs fighting for first in 3 different events.. dyno, drag, sled pull. I believe as the events go on each year they will adjust some things the keep people interested as most events do. I love that they added the qualifying, it keeps the newer guys at the heels of the competitors and gives them a bit more reason to give it their all at every event. You know the smaller shop is going to be giving 110% to show they can run with the top competitors. UCC is getting better each year, so I still have hope.

Money wise, it is always a factor. No matter what racing event you go to or even if you are on the street in a grudge race. Someone is going to have more money than the other wrapped up in their vehicle. Im not really sure what rules UCC could put in place for that, because anything can happen at the track especially at 2000+hp. A "repairs only" rule would get rid of these insane dyno numbers unless they built dyno specific and hoped for the best at the other events (which is what a lot of people complained about with Industrial, including me). I like to see the dyno numbers, and im sure it attracts a lot of attention to the diesel world which is a good thing especially for the smaller shops. Dyno isnt everything though, they need to hit hard at the drag strip too. Lavon running a 7.88 had to catch the eyes of a lot of people, thats an unbelievable pass for a diesel engine. Most of the people who go to or watch UCC arent thinking about whos engine lasted longer or changed the least between events. They just want to see the biggest numbers and the fastest passes.

I guess my point is... Look at who UCC's target audience is, and you can tell who they are by walking through the parking lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Justin

2005 F250 FX4 Lariat 292k

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Powermax USA 250 amp Alt - Custom Big 3 Upgrade -
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #24498 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Well my cat finally fell apart. Exhaust is rattling pretty bad. Shop wants to hollow it out and 4" straight pipe. Buddy says go 5".

What do you all recommend?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2006 F250 Amarillo 4x4 CCLB - 210,xxx
SCT Livewire TS - Tunes from Vivian (Eco, Tow, Tow w/ JB, Looney)
DrawTite Flip Over Goose
Leveling Kit - Wildpeak AT3Ws 325/75R18
Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter
Garrett Powermax Turbo
DC Power Engineering 185amp Alt.
BPD Heavy Air Oil Cooler
BPD EGR
LED bulb upgrades.
Curt Class V - Air Lift Load Level 5k Ult - Wireless Compr
post #24499 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
And me.....i could give 2 ****s about a 300 cid 10,000 hp diesel. Unless it can do it long enough to tow my camper across the country uphill both ways....with a headwind.
That's what a diesel is meant to do first and foremost
Boudah, john galt and j.flow like this.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
post #24500 of 34719 Old 05-08-2018, 08:24 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Quoted: 3156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It was great to see everyone again and a few new faces. @john galt , thank you very much for the mead. I'm getting excited to drink it up.

Sorry I wasn't much for conversation sometimes. I was rather tired and in a bit of pain standing for 12hrs each day in the booth.

www.cncfab.us
it is a tad...fresh...at present. ie the longer it ages the smoother it will become
but it is a stand up at 24% alcohol
and not only was i sitting on metal bleachers and walking with no where to lie down with my stupid back. i was also not getting enough sleep plus i was getting sick too so i was not on the top of my game either.
i really hope i didn't share "airplane disease" with anyone

i still enjoyed the heck out of meeting everybody i will say it again
org people are the best people
or at least my people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Well my cat finally fell apart. Exhaust is rattling pretty bad. Shop wants to hollow it out and 4" straight pipe. Buddy says go 5".

What do you all recommend?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
hollow it out and stick it back on with a pipe through it or just as an expansion style "muffler"
just clean it out and stick it back on in commie fornia they may check if yohu have one some day and that way... you will

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 05-08-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode