LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #24471 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 09:27 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
We do still make good American steel and things that last.......just a lot less of them because most folks don't want to pay for it.

And not that it's semi-pertanant, but that was likely a Brazilian block....cracking across the water jackets is pretty common. The 56 blocks that were cast in Mexico were much better.....yeah......I said it....
yea and due to quanity etc it sells fro a super premium. we need someone to step up and under cut the market on QUALITY steel etc. the bean counters and lawyers are as much to blame for things as the political scum they pander to.
we need to raise a generation of smart capable thinking adults who care aout what they do and the long term effect on the country in which they do it...
in that regard...
seems like sparly could give parenting lessons and maybe even make enough of a business out of it to subsidize his little farming project

of course the blocks heche en mexico are better....
everyone knows the only thing they make in brazil is trannies
yeah...i said it too
nighthawk285 and SparkyF250 like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24472 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,094 Times in 2,003 Posts
Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Quoted: 3109 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is the endless debate with motorsports... where to put the cap.

No one has figured it out, except the small town tracks that dont attract the big names... one big name shows up and they shame him out or just call it an "exhibition"
nighthawk285 and john galt like this.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #24473 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
yea and due to quanity etc it sells fro a super premium. we need someone to step up and under cut the market on QUALITY steel etc. the bean counters and lawyers are as much to blame for things as the political scum they pander to.
we need to raise a generation of smart capable thinking adults who care aout what they do and the long term effect on the country in which they do it...
in that regard...
seems like sparky could give parenting lessons and maybe even make enough of a business out of it to subsidize his little farming project

of course the blocks heche en mexico are better....
everyone knows the only thing they make in brazil is trannies
yeah...i said it too
You won't raise that generation in today's public schools and colleges. Jack is the way he is because he's never set foot in a public re-education camp. If he wants advanced education it'll be in a trade school. As for college, if you really think you need a degree, work for awhile then take night courses so you can get away from the progressive professors and snowflake students. IMO

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24474 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:09 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by peixinho View Post
Well I had a blast hanging out with all of you... It really sucks to sit at a booth all day.

It does suck that the big dogs are on top... how do you knock them down? Only the big dogs have enough $$$ to make that kind of HP and have spare motors sitting there ready to throw in if anything happens. How do some of the small guys even stand a chance? If you can buy your way into the top 5... then where does that leave the industry? UCC has changed a few things up that should help that a little bit. Only the to 10 will go back to UCC next year.... so the lower 15 will get kicked out. I think that is one of the reasons Shawn Bacca made sure to compete in each category this year. But there is a downside to that. If you blow up on the dyno and don't have the $$$ to get your truck back up and going then you are OUT for this year and next year.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make it better, more fair, exciting, etc... then I can try passing it along to the guys that run the UCC.
i kinda like the top ten idea then if you drop you have to come back as a qualifier instead of competitor but if you put up you are in.
i dont think that will stop it being an expensive as hell sport to get into but the innovations created to win these events stand a good chance of becoming more mainstream, and that benefits the industry and the competition.
a friend and i came up with the idea of mma in the mid 70's because everything was too clicky with this school or that school and this style is best and it was a way to put up or shut up so to speak. but it really benefited the martial arts community and it is WAY more main stream than it was back then.
kinda hope to get diesel power in the same way (obviously) but as to how to do that i am uncertain. i think corey insane idi might make some waves and get people to rethink the cummins is the only power philosophy. from what i saw. even the cumins blow up more often than not and i would think 8 cylinders are a better way to increase power than 6.
maybe that is my gasser back ground but the only thing that got straight 6 motors back into the main stream was the addition of turbos. i see no reason a redsigned v8 block with redesigned heads couldn't be built to roduce more power than the same displacement 6 cylinder
admittedly i am still pretty thin on technological know how on these but in my mind it at least stands to reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
You won't raise that generation in today's public schools and colleges. Jack is the way he is because he's never set foot in a public re-education camp. If he wants advanced education it'll be in a trade school. As for college, if you really think you need a degree, work for awhile then take night courses so you can get away from the progressive professors and snowflake students. IMO
exactly and you could teach that in your seminars
i have to believe the public school system is headed for shut down. it is the enemy of the people and the personification of those who cant do, teach.
the failure rate is so high it is unbelievable. it has reached all time highs with more and more money thrown at it over the decades... it must be abandoned if this country is to survive. already the private sector is hiring non public school people in higher numbers than ever before and expecting and getting more out of them.
the wretched refuse coming out of universities are proving to be utterly worthless in the real world.
for well over a decade already that has been proven to the point that most of them are only able to make it in the edumakaychin syztime and fail in greater numbers every year in the private sector.
too many are happy to let the failures in the schools train their kids to be useless communist eaters and upstarts in exchange for free baby sitting so parents arent even raising their kids anymore its pathetic in my mind and can only lead to failure of epic proportions

edit:
i absolutely enjoyed meeting all you guys everyone exceeded my highest expectations.
not sure that came out right but you guys rock and it is good t put faces to the folks i waste most of my time with
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

Last edited by john galt; 05-08-2018 at 10:17 AM.
post #24475 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Just called Afe to get a replacement filter (none oiled) great freakin service. Actually got a human and helped me out with everything. That's hard to come by these days!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Excursion 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x2
HidFog Kit 13" 50" led Curved
Kc Stage 2
4 inch Turboback
Egr Gone
58V Fcm
Leveled
33s
Srlxx
Studded Hgs Bulletproof Hd Oil Cooler Etc By Sean Aka Ricmiester at Lox Dce
Blue Spring mod and too much more to mention.
post #24476 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i kinda like the top ten idea then if you drop you have to come back as a qualifier instead of competitor but if you put up you are in.
i dont think that will stop it being an expensive as hell sport to get into but the innovations created to win these events stand a good chance of becoming more mainstream, and that benefits the industry and the competition.
a friend and i came up with the idea of mma in the mid 70's because everything was too clicky with this school or that school and this style is best and it was a way to put up or shut up so to speak. but it really benefited the martial arts community and it is WAY more main stream than it was back then.
kinda hope to get diesel power in the same way (obviously) but as to how to do that i am uncertain. i think corey insane idi might make some waves and get people to rethink the cummins is the only power philosophy. from what i saw. even the cumins blow up more often than not and i would think 8 cylinders are a better way to increase power than 6.
maybe that is my gasser back ground but the only thing that got straight 6 motors back into the main stream was the addition of turbos. i see no reason a redsigned v8 block with redesigned heads couldn't be built to roduce more power than the same displacement 6 cylinder
admittedly i am still pretty thin on technological know how on these but in my mind it at least stands to reason

exactly and you could teach that in your seminars
i have to believe the public school system is headed for shut down. it is the enemy of the people and the personification of those who cant do, teach.
the failure rate is so high it is unbelievable. it has reached all time highs with more and more money thrown at it over the decades... it must be abandoned if this country is to survive. already the private sector is hiring non public school people in higher numbers than ever before and expecting and getting more out of them.
the wretched refuse coming out of universities are proving to be utterly worthless in the real world.
for well over a decade already that has been proven to the point that most of them are only able to make it in the edumakaychin syztime and fail in greater numbers every year in the private sector.
too many are happy to let the failures in the schools train their kids to be useless communist eaters and upstarts in exchange for free baby sitting so parents arent even raising their kids anymore its pathetic in my mind and can only lead to failure of epic proportions

edit:
i absolutely enjoyed meeting all you guys everyone exceeded my highest expectations.
not sure that came out right but you guys rock and it is good t put faces to the folks i waste most of my time with

Hey hey hey, not all of us college kids are snowflakes. I like to think we are ahead of the liberal curve at Texas A&M. Y’all are dead right about some college snowflakes but not all. I’m pretty darn conservative and y’all’d be absolutely disgusted if you saw some of the chit that those commie bastards tolerate around here. I think y’all underestimate some of us. Election night here was one of the most memorable night of my life. We did have some pansies marching around chanting that “not my president” crap, but there were way more celebrating that glorious victory and trying to quell the marching. Gig’em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.
post #24477 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:32 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
This is the endless debate with motorsports... where to put the cap.

No one has figured it out, except the small town tracks that dont attract the big names... one big name shows up and they shame him out or just call it an "exhibition"
agreed but in the long run that isnt what will add the most to the sport.
i think it is just going to take time more than anything for new tech to be created and become mainstream and so long as everything is top dollar that is only going to slow the advancement of the sport over all...
but it is what it is...

and heavy...
why do you still have michelle OWEblahblah for your avatar?
it is a tad disturbing to see you gotta admit
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead

post #24478 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Ray View Post
Hey hey hey, not all of us college kids are snowflakes. I like to think we are ahead of the liberal curve at Texas A&M. Y’all are dead right about some college snowflakes but not all. I’m pretty darn conservative and y’all’d be absolutely disgusted if you saw some of the chit that those commie bastards tolerate around here. I think y’all underestimate some of us. Election night here was one of the most memorable night of my life. We did have some pansies marching around chanting that “not my president” crap, but there were way more celebrating that glorious victory and trying to quell the marching. Gig’em!
Yeah but you're in Texas, even there I'll bet the libtards outnumber the conservatives on the student side and I guarandamntee it on the professor side.
Keep the faith and don't let em corrupt you.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #24479 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Texas ain't what it was in the 90s. That's for sure. Texas is used as a scale for America. And as liberal as its become. That is t good for the scale.

Also for politics. The Saudis have us by the balls, as they have gotten us to pull out of the Iran deal, and this is directly related to oil. It isnt about bombs. Its about oil. I read an article that summed up pretty much everything decently well. I'll link it. I'm so fed up with oil and geo politics.
Whether its Russia behind environmentalist propaganda pushing the US out of the oil game, or the Saudis and Israel pulling out strings like a puppet to support their agendas and fiscal dealings. Its gettin real old.

Here it is.
https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Mid...-Problems.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.
post #24480 of 34051 Old 05-08-2018, 10:43 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Ray View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
of course, as with any generalization, and we, as a country, are counting on it. but...
it is far closer to the truth, across the board, than any country can afford.
also, i would be willing to bet, NONE, of the conservatives, got those values from the imbeciles in the schools, friends or teachers.
the nlp and other covert brainwashing tech, used in our illustrious schools guarantee all but the most self capable are going to wind up left of stalin
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead

Last edited by john galt; 05-08-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode