LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #22651 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP MACHINE View Post
Keep your head low and buy her flowers on a regular basis . Then start enjoying you " fleet "
of trucks , all 3 ! . If your really good you'll figure out how to hide one out the rotation and
when she asks " I thought you sold that truck ? " you just say , " well dear He brought it back
for some maintenance ". -
He he, my wife already complains about how many vehicles I have. Between my 3 work vans, her escalade, the 2 6.0's, 5 project vehicles, and the kid's 2 vehicles, I'm not sure I have anymore room. That's not even counting the 2 work trailers, boat, and 4wheelers.

In the end I don't think @j.mo will be selling his truck anytime soon. We got close to making a deal once, but now that it is running right, I'm sure it's a keeper.

Sent from my phone

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22652 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:41 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 439 Post(s)
Quoted: 3157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
This thing runs and drives like a dream. Runs so smooth drives great with the radius drops.
Redhead box tomorrow and we are rockin for another 100k I hope!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
that is what i have been waiting to hear for over a year now
i am starting to get some wander in my front end let me know how the redhead works out ofr you i gotta start saving quarters or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
So did you put the stock sticks back in it or fix the bad solder joint on the 175/30?
this x2 inquiring minds and all that

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamrheawe View Post
anybody ever have problems with the truck shaking more than normal while shifting or under acceleration
drive line most likely check over the u joints and the carrier bearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP MACHINE View Post
Keep your head low and buy her flowers on a regular basis . Then start enjoying you " fleet "
of trucks , all 3 ! . If your really good you'll figure out how to hide one out the rotation and
when she asks " I thought you sold that truck ? " you just say , " well dear He brought it back
for some maintenance ". -
this sounds like the voice of experience

Quote:
i can handle being ribbed but i don't want to be made out to be stupid or something because there is not one kid in my whole school who knows as much about motors as i do and also im bout to get me a personal truck once i get the money i am getting that 7.3 idi and putting a low boost turbo on it

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3...l#post15927074
i am no expert but i dont think i would take one of the more dependable platforms out there and start trying to build a race truck out of it.

i know its fun to be fast when yohu are young but if you want fast on a budget i agree with the 351 gasser idea easy to build easy and cheap to get parts
and you can have a very fast and trick set up for far less than buildig a diesel will run you.
or you can have a 7.3 idid that will last you 300k and not cost a fortune to drive
that would be my advice

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #22653 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
I Like Shiny Things :)

Thanked 1,177 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
trust me i have been to the worst parts of the internet and back i just dont wanna be seen as an idiot

Then don't act like one....simple as that

--listen to the advice you're given, especially when you ask for it in the first place

--don't puff up your chest and tell everybody how much you think you know and how much better you are than everyone else at your school (or elsewhere). Contribute the things you know and let people develop their own opinion....cause guess what, they're going to develop their own opinions anyways.

--always be learning, even about things you already know a lot about......build on your experience, don't cap it

2017 F250 CCLB KR "Nighthawk" Edition.....goodies to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22654 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
You kinda remind me of my boy. Hang in there, I bought this for our father/son project. He gets his temps this year and his license next Feb. It needs some work but it's in pretty good shape overall. And he loves it. It's a 91 F350 7.3 IDI

i will get my license in 2019 iŽll be 15 and have a learners permit nobody says i cant get a truck and use it for yard work and also when we are getting work done to the 6.0 i may use it is a tow rig that truck will have a lot lower power goals the idi i want to be around 300-400 whp and 500-750 wtq

2004 F-250
deleted,turbo,tunes, toyo 33's
SOLD

2011 f-450 DRW
Weight Reduction and tunes 400-500 hp
post #22655 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
@john galt

I installed the readhead steering box in my 2005 after I did all new ball joints in the steering linkage and only after the box did my steering go back to feeling like a brand new truck.

That steering box is an amazing purchase for people that have steering play!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2013 F-250 Lariat

Completely stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Six0~Stroker For This Useful Post:
john galt (04-04-2018)
post #22656 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
So did you put the stock sticks back in it or fix the bad solder joint on the 175/30?
Stock

john galt likes this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #22657 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
Then don't act like one....simple as that

--listen to the advice you're given, especially when you ask for it in the first place

--don't puff up your chest and tell everybody how much you think you know and how much better you are than everyone else at your school (or elsewhere). Contribute the things you know and let people develop their own opinion....cause guess what, they're going to develop their own opinions anyways.

--always be learning, even about things you already know a lot about......build on your experience, don't cap it
VERY solid life advice right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
@john galt

I installed the readhead steering box in my 2005 after I did all new ball joints in the steering linkage and only after the box did my steering go back to feeling like a brand new truck.

That steering box is an amazing purchase for people that have steering play!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that seems to be the consensus...going to need to make a go fund me to get one right now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
Stock

should be solid and dependable then i like it

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #22658 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 11:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i am starting to get some wander in my front end let me know how the redhead works out ofr you i gotta start saving quarters or something

i am no expert but i dont think i would take one of the more dependable platforms out there and start trying to build a race truck out of it.

i know its fun to be fast when yohu are young but if you want fast on a budget i agree with the 351 gasser idea easy to build easy and cheap to get parts
and you can have a very fast and trick set up for far less than buildig a diesel will run you.
or you can have a 7.3 idid that will last you 300k and not cost a fortune to drive
that would be my advice
i am not trying to build a race truck i just want a little power out of it i really want a diesel to tow with and the one i found is fresh but how hard is it to make 300 350 hp out of a idi

2004 F-250
SOLD

2011 f-450 DRW
post #22659 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 11:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

that would be my advice
i am not trying to build a race truck i just want a little power out of it i really want a diesel to tow with and the one i found is fresh but how hard is it to make 300 350 hp out of a idi they make 190 stock i also want a truck that will last forever

2004 F-250
SOLD

2011 f-450 DRW
post #22660 of 34791 Old 04-04-2018, 11:27 AM
california deplorable

you would have to ask someone with more knowledge than i on thae idi for that...
i remember Sean saying they dont like extra boost and i would trust him on that
if you want a tow rig an idi should be perfectly acceptable in stock formation

I like mead

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode