6.0 Chat Thread - Page 1998 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 57999Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #19971 of 34491 Old 01-20-2018, 01:24 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea my hybred was scary smart actually had him trained at one point to open the fridge get me a can of beer close the firdge and bring it to me.
until one fateful day when he put a tooth through the bear can and dropped it and it shot beer up his nose...after that he wouldn't go near a beer can and got scared whenever one was opened
but the only door he couldn't open was to the truck and i would leave the back of my truck open for him cause that as his favorite dog house on the carpet kit in the shell.
that and success camping in emergencies is why i set my superduty up the way i have so far but i have a lot more to do to it
and likely always will from the speed i am completing my build.
anyways i loved that dog more than life itself he was a part of my soul and when he died part of me died with him.
the day i met my wife i was loading up the truck for our first just me and him backpacking trip to watch the greatest meteor shower in our lifetime and it was a great show and i have never seen anything close to it since 15 miles from the nearest light on a lake with a thousand islands and my best friend in the world.
one of the best days of my life for sure
mhatlen likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19972 of 34491 Old 01-20-2018, 01:57 PM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I had the same feeling about not getting enough done by winter so i bought some help a couple months ago. Hoping I can get a lot more done this spring/summer.

As far as batteries go, I just replaced mine a few months back. I guess we'll see how Interstates hold up this time.

I like my stock wheels. I use the same tires year round. the Toyo A/T's seem to do just as well as any snow tire I have ever used.

bfgs work great in the snow too, as do most at tires that are worth a damn.
i ran the predicessor to the new style toyo years ago and they were amazing tires for year round, BUT
when it gets really bad and icy out...there is no substitute for studs.
my new tires are an mt with a few studs which should get e through real well. i have i think just shy of 300 mmiles on them but so far i am SUPER pleased with them quieter than the bfg at's that came off the truck super agressive digger tread for mud and deep snow mostly what i need to get outta here when it gets bad so they should kinda be the best of all worlds
i am thinking of getting a set withot studs in 35 for summer when the bfgs wear out.
i have run coursers (coopers) for decades the msrt is the best snow tire made hands down with hankook being second and i have run pretty much every studded snow tire out there
but everyone i have seen with the same courser mxt has loved them and say they get 40k per set
i was looking at old paper work and realized i have 45 on my bfg's right now and will be fine for next summer if i stay out of bad clay mud with them and even then they still have some tread left.

i always had good luck with interstates. the autozoone duralsts are interstates, as are a LOT of other batteries, but the longest lasting battery i have is a durralast gold from like 02 and still fires the suburban no problem
mhatlen and trife96 like this.

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #19973 of 34491 Old 01-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
insurance called me again today. offered a little more this time. Still dissatisfied with the offer. This time they offered 14,500 which is better, but i told them i will wait to see what the other insurance co. will do. hopefully i will have police report on monday. will keep y’all posted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19974 of 34491 Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 PM
california deplorable

try to buy a truck as clean as your was for 14,500...

that aint gunna happen at least around here.

I like mead

post #19975 of 34491 Old 01-21-2018, 10:50 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
I miss my dog immensely. I don't even have words to describe.
Crazy how 10 little pounds can bring your whole world crashing down.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
@j.mo again man i am SO sorry for your loss. the only thing that gets you to wanting to keep going is time. nothing i can say will really help so just keep putting one foot in front of the other...repeat
and thanks for the wheel offer but i have a set on order now

I like mead

post #19976 of 34491 Old 01-21-2018, 04:16 PM
HMM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
@trife96 , that sucks man. I've been lurking and following the event. Hopefully you'll be made as close to whole as possible. My wife was rear ended with less than 1,500 miles on her SUV. We fought and fought and didn't get hardly anything on diminished value. Even though our stuff is older now, they are still in way better shape than we could replace them with. Even if we went a few years newer.

I really want to do a few things to my truck but I'm scared to death that as soon as I spend the money on new bumpers, grill and a new tail gate then someone will hit me... I don't like the harley grill and painted bumper, I'd prefer the chrome stuff. I also wanted to paint over my harley flames and fill in the holes on the fender decals but they quoted me 4k to do that.
john galt likes this.

2006 Dark Shadow Gray Harley #898
post #19977 of 34491 Old 01-22-2018, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Drive line shop just called, he said "I think I know why you have a vibration, your front u joint is frozen solid" couple that with a carrier bearing that is 99% separated and rear u joints that are incredibly loose and sloppy could possibly be causing my shudder, fingers crossed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #19978 of 34491 Old 01-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife96 View Post
insurance called me again today. offered a little more this time. Still dissatisfied with the offer. This time they offered 14,500 which is better, but i told them i will wait to see what the other insurance co. will do. hopefully i will have police report on monday. will keep y’all posted
Make time to find some that are comparable at local dealers. Ask them for a written quote on the one they are selling (they will be happy to do this as they want your business when you get your check). Give copies of these (keep the originals) to your insurance adjuster and let him know you expect a fair offer from them.
Patriot and trife96 like this.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #19979 of 34491 Old 01-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Police report came in. Pizza delivery driver was under the influence of alcohol, and found in possession of some marijuana and paraphernalia. He had an out of state DL, so not sure how he had a Louisiana address but was driving for a company in Louisiana with an out-of state license. Possibly he had more dirt in his past he was hiding since he never got a Louisiana license. My attorney will have a field day with this one and yea, this should work very well in my favor.

post #19980 of 34491 Old 01-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife96 View Post
Police report came in. Pizza delivery driver was under the influence of alcohol, and found in possession of some marijuana and paraphernalia. He had an out of state DL, so not sure how he had a Louisiana address but was driving for a company in Louisiana with an out-of state license. Possibly he had more dirt in his past he was hiding since he never got a Louisiana license. My attorney will have a field day with this one and yea, this should work very well in my favor.

Sounds like things are looking up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode