LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #19271 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 11:06 AM

Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,787 Posts
Mentioned: 716 Post(s)
Quoted: 4005 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Good cause this pos street avenger 670 sucks balls. Most Holley's I can get along with, but this one is a redheaded step child for sure. Gonna go with FITech. Good pricing and have a few good referrals for it. Just need a dependable daily for the wife this next year to warrant my habit.

I have the new Holley Sniper and I wouldn't recommend it they were months late to release them and mine has been back to Holley once and has had multiple replacement parts sent, as a matter of fact, it had defective parts right out of the box

but I wouldn't buy a FItech folks on the Holley forums are always complain about the tech help and have given up on them

however it looks like they finally fixed their stand alone fuel setup

if I had to do it over I would get a higher end Holley FI like a terminator or a GM TPI and standalone cpu
john galt likes this.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19272 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I have the new Holley Sniper and I wouldn't recommend it they were months late to release them and mine has been back to Holley once and has had multiple replacement parts sent, as a matter of fact, it had defective parts right out of the box

but I wouldn't buy a FItech folks on the Holley forums are always complain about the tech help and have given up on them

however it looks like they finally fixed their stand alone fuel setup

if I had to do it over I would get a higher end Holley FI like a terminator or a GM TPI and standalone cpu
Man that sucks, I guess you get what you pay for though. $1k for a basic kit seemed low but with technology nowadays I figured they couldn't screw it up. By the time I get the car painted and am ready to get something I'm sure there will be better on the market.

The fitech recommendation came from a neighbor that had installed 2 of them. One on his mud truck and the other on his buggy. He said they worked good for him but has only been since the summer and they obviously haven't been driven alot. I guess time will tell for him.

Sent from my phone
john galt likes this.

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #19273 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
My bro-in-law has had several good setups with the FiTech. He recommends it, and I trust him. I had a Holley street avenger that would never run right. Had some sort of internal air leak or something. I tried many power valves and jet combos, but could never get it to snap off idle properly, or even idle right. Junk. My custom 600 dbl pumper is the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19274 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 11:37 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Quote:
Good cause this pos street avenger 670 sucks balls. Most Holley's I can get along with, but this one is a redheaded step child for sure. Gonna go with FITech. Good pricing and have a few good referrals for it. Just need a dependable daily for the wife this next year to warrant my habit.

Sent from my phone
dont know anything about the fitech guy up the street invented the original double pumper holly then went back to being a car collecting plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
We got probably about an inch of snow and FB is blowing up with people that are stranded. Looks like it's time to head out!

you'er a good man, I am always hauling people out or was at the lake
one of my favorite things about here is there arent enough citiots to need to get saved every storm

Quote:
If I wasn't soo drunk I'd show u 10" lol
so...going into politics?

Quote:
Lol wife jus yelled at me. By the way.....did I mention I'm expecting another one when my youngest is 10 months, lol. Woops. So she will be 1 and 8 months when the new one is here. Lol

Whoops Lol lol bout to have 5 kids woot woot.

Sent from my phone
there is a way you can stop that...just fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I think he said he got drunk and knocked up the old lady again.
i must have misread, i thought he said he was drunk BECAUSE he knocked up the old lady again

Quote:
Sorry, lol. It's official. My wife is Atleast a month pregos. Our youngest is 10 months old and our oldest is 18 Yo old. She feels to old to do it again so soon. And with all the struggles Emma had when she was born she is worried her age may have a factor. Time will tell.

Sent from my phone
age can be a concern but you guys aint that old yet but you may want to visit torens friend dr snip here in the new year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Merry Christmas to you all!!!
tried to say the same last night then the interwebs failed
so slightly belated Merry Christmas to all and to all a great year

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
My dog locked me out of my truck last night at midnight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thought you ween't allowing dogs in your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
My bro-in-law has had several good setups with the FiTech. He recommends it, and I trust him. I had a Holley street avenger that would never run right. Had some sort of internal air leak or something. I tried many power valves and jet combos, but could never get it to snap off idle properly, or even idle right. Junk. My custom 600 dbl pumper is the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
double punper seems to work good also had good luck with carters and if I rebuild a rochester with the increased jet kit they seem to run great and hold up well enough.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #19275 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 11:38 AM
california deplorable

Merry Christmas everyone
i am off again to watch a special with the wife and kid

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #19276 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And my network has been down all day and just got back up again.
Merry ****ing Christmas to j.mo
This has been the most expensive Christmas I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
post #19277 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 12:56 PM

Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,787 Posts
Mentioned: 716 Post(s)
Quoted: 4005 Post(s)
i can't count how many folks call a carb a DBL pumper when it isn't really a dbl pumper just a dual feed to the bowls
having an accelerator pump on each bowl is a true dbl pumper

i have thousands of dollars worth oh Carbs even dual specialty Holley's on a tunnel ram with a "ram" air intake
I should start a museum LOL

thanks to Ethanol i now hate carbs

the Sniper is 1k but thats not going to get you a running fuel injected vehicle
your into it for about 2k by the time you get distributor control (optional )
computer hookup,fuel feed, fuel psi monitor

6.0 flush pdf
post #19278 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 03:53 PM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
Quoted: 2215 Post(s)
Garage
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
post #19279 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 04:43 PM
california deplorable

been a great Christmas so far.
I hope that goes for everyone
ZMANN, SparkyF250 and voodooridr like this.

I like mead

post #19280 of 35056 Old 12-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Merry Christmas Ya'll!!
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Jeff

2006 XLT CCLB FX4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , is john galt a bunghole ? , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode