post #17441 of 34741 Old 10-25-2017, 07:25 PM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
Quoted: 2207 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I got mine when I was in the Army, I'm not current it's been way too long since I was flying. I just need a physical and a check ride. Maybe I'll do it next summer, I have a lot of hobbies on the shelf. There's only so many hours in a day and dollars in the bank.

Private Pilot Requirements
When my brother flies me onto your farm for a pig roast, you guys can chat about it.
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17442 of 34741 Old 10-25-2017, 08:28 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3311 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
When my brother flies me onto your farm for a pig roast, you guys can chat about it.
I have a long enough field but it has a pretty good hill, not sure I'd try it.
I'll pick you up at the county airport
john galt likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17443 of 34741 Old 10-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowertotheStroke View Post
I am. I had just run across a job description for a 145 repair station. I started to look up some of that information but didn't see where it stated what actual certs/quals needed for it. I'm assuming an A&P but haven't found that answer yet. Did you get yours while you were still in or did you get out and get it & was it something you went to school full time for? Ultimately I would like to try and get a job that would allow me to work towards my A&P and FCC license.
I don't remember what that would be, I haven't done anything related to aviation in 2.5 years. I'm in aerospace stuff now. The pay just wasn't good enough for an entry level a&p out here in Colorado to make a living. Not when I have two kids to take care of plus insurance, housing, etc. I wasn't wanting to do contract work at the time either but that's where you make the good money. I got mine while I was still in. There was a course that was on base that was through a local community college. It was only a 4 month long course so they pretty much only taught us how to pass the test. I still learned a lot though. If you do it while you're still in you can use tuition assistance as long as you have at least 90 days on your contract left after you complete the course. I only had a couple weeks left so I couldn't use TA and had to pay out of pocket. After I completed it though I was able to file a reimbursement through the VA and I got all my money back but it did use 3 months of my GI Bill. The best thing would be to go to an education center on base and see if they have any courses available or can help you find some. If you want to make good money as an a&p you have to be flexible and willing to live where the work is.
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17444 of 34741 Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
My wife took a test drive in a XC90 Volvo SUV today. Must say the passenger massage seat, the sound system was epic and it was a great ride. BUT As she drove all I could think is how boring the vehicle was to drive, it is like the XC90 is driving it's self.
I missed the turbo whistle the exhaust note the robustness, the gusto of the Excursion. The Excursion is a watch out, get out of my way vehicle. The Volvo was very sheepish in the crowd I'm just here with everyone type of vehicle nothing that stands out.
Just made me appreciate the 6.0 more. With all the hard work @toren302 put into it all the money spent on parts, it can't get sold or go anywhere. Just need to find a good place to keep her during our overseas tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
post #17445 of 34741 Old 10-25-2017, 11:04 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9and6.0 View Post
My wife took a test drive in a XC90 Volvo SUV today. Must say the passenger massage seat, the sound system was epic and it was a great ride. BUT As she drove all I could think is how boring the vehicle was to drive, it is like the XC90 is driving it's self.
I missed the turbo whistle the exhaust note the robustness, the gusto of the Excursion. The Excursion is a watch out, get out of my way vehicle. The Volvo was very sheepish in the crowd I'm just here with everyone type of vehicle nothing that stands out.
Just made me appreciate the 6.0 more. With all the hard work @toren302 put into it all the money spent on parts, it can't get sold or go anywhere. Just need to find a good place to keep her during our overseas tour.
I'm here in Idaho near Boise. Alittle bit of a drive but I could meet halfway. It would be more than safe here if you don't mind it sitting outside. Probably started and ran up the road once in a while and keep the batts charged. Free of charge of course. I stored my buddies d Max and neon srt while they were in Hawaii for years. Now he has his own place but I still keep up on them while they're in Hawaii, which is most the year. So jus saying its an option if ur interested.

Sent from my phone

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #17446 of 34741 Old 10-26-2017, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Man its hunting season and now I'm going to miss another weekend in the mountains because I need to take the truck to the stereo shop. Came to work last night and radio worked fine when I parked. 12 hours later start up to go home radio won't turn on. Can't figure it out. Wires and fuses all seem fine.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

2006 F250 Amarillo 4x4 CCLB - 210,xxx
SCT Livewire TS - Tunes from Vivian (Eco, Tow, Tow w/ JB, Looney)
DrawTite Flip Over Goose
Leveling Kit - Wildpeak AT3Ws 325/75R18
Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter
Garrett Powermax Turbo
DC Power Engineering 185amp Alt.
BPD Heavy Air Oil Cooler
BPD EGR
LED bulb upgrades.
Curt Class V - Air Lift Load Level 5k Ult - Wireless Compr
post #17447 of 34741 Old 10-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

How long are you going to be gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2013 F-250 Lariat

Completely stock
post #17448 of 34741 Old 10-26-2017, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
6.0 Chat Thread

@Six0~Stroker and @Flamed99 2-6 years. We are gone January 21st

I don't want to take it to the UAE with us. I could ship it over, but we would need to pull the lift and get oem wheels. I also don't want to risk breaking anything and not being able to repair it or able to get parts to fix it. Since it's still not finished to the point I want it, also acquiring parts once we get back could be a little difficult if items get discontinued.

I would like to get the build finished during my time overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2

Last edited by 5.9and6.0; 10-26-2017 at 10:02 AM.
post #17449 of 34741 Old 10-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't want to take it to the UAE with us. I could ship it over, but we would need to pull the lift and get oem wheels. I also don't want to risk breaking anything and not being able to repair it or able to get parts to fix it. Since it's still not finished to the point I want it, also acquiring parts once we get back could be a little difficult if items get discontinued.

The timeline isn't an issue for me. Being gone that long though, you're definitely gonna want it driven alittle bit atleast every few months. Get some fresh fuel and such in it. Everything I've bought that sat for an extended amount of time, whether it being stored properly or not, had little issues pop up for months after I started driving them. So I think movement is key. Although I'm sure you could roll it into a storage unit with a full tank of fuel, unhook the batteries, then come back 6 years later with new batts and it would fire right up.

I would agree with you on the shipping. My friend works for a dredging company and is primarily in Hawaii for years on projects. They ship alot of equipment back and forth, and there is always an issue unless they just put it in a container and send it that way. He sent his personal truck down once and would never do it again. He said its just easier to buy something there.

I'm sure if someone closer to you wants to help then that would be best. But it's an option for you if it comes down to it. Getting it here would be the only real pain. Meeting halfway would work. Or depending on when my friend gets back, he has a goosneck flat bed we could come get it with too. I don't have anything I can tow it with so I'd have to wait for him and his truck. Not that I can't tow it but one truck is too low and the other too high, lol.

Sent from my phone

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #17450 of 34741 Old 10-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

My take on this:

You mention parts being discontinued, I donít believe that will be an issue at all for you unless youíve bought only half of some part/setup. If you will just continue the build when you get back you will find available parts, even if itís not exactly the same brand you are looking at now.

You keep mentioning the last line about getting your build completed while youíre gone. I truly believe this is a big reason most guys are staying quiet about this. Itís such an open ended request I donít know where youíre going with this.

Do you want me to drive it to a shop and have them work on it and youíll pay them, or will you pay me to work on it, or do you want the person who is storing the vehicle to take this rig as a project car.

Asking someone to store the vehicle is one burden, (which is not a huge deal) but then throwing in the comment about having them finish your build so when you get back you will have a badazz rig...

Would you keep it insured? What if something happened to it while in storage?

SO many what ifs, that is why this doesnít get talked about much IMO.

Maybe write down a little more detailed plan for a more clear picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flamed99, Patriot and john galt like this.

2013 F-250 Lariat

Completely stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fruit cake , maniacle mentions , multiquote mania , nnut job , over spray , peanut butter , post count , turbo farts , where is john galt? , whistling bungholes , who is john galt? , why is john galt ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode