2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I'm in the market for another 6.0..

And all I come across is junk. Or gold plated trucks in the high teens to mid 20's. No thanks.

I've looked at 5 at dealers and all but one was junk or needing $1800 in various fixes off the lot. The next best thing is a dealership claiming they are "bulletproofing" trucks and they still have EGR and TTY bolts..

I'm not in a rush but I've been shopping for 6+ months with nothing I've fallen for.

Just wanted to vent and show everyone this "BP'ed" truck:

Big Boy Hot Rods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
I'm totally convinced that with the excursion I'm looking for, that I will buy a good one expensive like you said, or buy cheaper and have to bulletproof it myself.

After having "Bulletproofed" one 6.0, I prefer to do what I can myself, and send it off for the rest. I am a little reluctant at getting a "Bulletproofed" 6.0 for the same reasons you said about Bulletproofing meaning different things to different people.

The undercarriage of the truck you pictured looks good. No oil spots. I did notice it was 4WD without the FX4 package. Not quite sure what the FX4 package adds.

2005 F250, 189,000 Miles
Bullet Proof HD Oil Cooler w/ Cold Weather Kit, Bullet Proof EGR, Bulletproof Water Pump, 7.3 Fan Clutch
Airlift 5k Airbags and Wireless Air
Edge CTS w/ EGT probe and Fuel Pressure Sensor.
15 MPG slick; 10 MPG towing 11k fifth wheel
Ravelco

6.0 Flush Procedure:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good 6.0 Reading:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-05-2016, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Skid plates for the transfer case and fuel tank.

To me the underbody looks like it was painted with tremclad. That box looks like garbage as well.

what brand of exhaust?

2005 F-350 ext. cab long box, FX4
EDGE Insite CTS w/ fuel pres, EGT, and rear diff temp
Blue Spring
BCP High Idle Mod
DS Bypass Coolant Filter
Rotella ELC
Rotella T6 5w-40 Synthetic
EGR Cooler Delete
Bulletproof Oil Cooler, Oil Filter, & Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
268 000km/167 500 miles as of Jan. 1 2015.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not sure where your located, but there's a 2003 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat with 200k on it at a credit union near me for $9500. I have no details other than it looked pretty good on a 2 minute look. I assume it's a repo or similar. They keep one or two various cars or trucks there most of the time.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #5 of 16 Old 06-05-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

I'm in the Tampa area..I would also finance so a dealer is preferable but pre approval isn't oit of my possibilities.

That dealer is a joke. His pictures of "studded" heads are the ficm mounts..pics clearly show a bolt head on the pictures that you can make out. I'm mostly cruising as many websites in hope, haha.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked mine up in the Dallas area. The dealer sent someone to pick me up at the airport and I was making the quick 23 hour drive back to Detroit a few hours later.

Texas and Arizona seemed to have the biggest selection of rust free trucks. Everything around me was rusty and had a zillion miles.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
So, the BigBoy truck has been bulletproofed, but we see at least 3 different tire types on it.
Coolant in the tank looks suspiciously Gold colored.
I predict we will be getting a new member soon....
Hey I just bought this new to me F250 with 223k on it. The dealer said it was bulletproofed.....
You can fill in the rest of the story from here.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,098 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Quoted: 3109 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
#6litersalvation

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #9 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 05:00 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiZor9 View Post
I'm in the Tampa area..I would also finance so a dealer is preferable but pre approval isn't oit of my possibilities.

That dealer is a joke. His pictures of "studded" heads are the ficm mounts..pics clearly show a bolt head on the pictures that you can make out. I'm mostly cruising as many websites in hope, haha.
Well, it's at a Credit Union, so I'd imagine they're open to financing. If you think you might be interested in a dually, I can try to stop by and take a pic or two.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #10 of 16 Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

So I've been preparing myself to go with a higher mileage truck now since everything local has been dipped in gold it seems.

Found this big blue in Orlando:

Used 2004 Ford F-250 SD for Sale in Orlando, FL 32807 Tropical Auto Outlet

Lack of engine pictures give me some hesitation but the truck seems well taken care of aside from the camo and tailights. A set of '08 lights and some plast-dip would make it much easier on the eyes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode