Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General 6.0L Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/)
-   -   So I'm in the market for another 6.0.. (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/1135849-so-im-market-another-6-0-a.html)

ShiZor9 06-05-2016 05:22 PM

So I'm in the market for another 6.0..

8 Attachment(s)
And all I come across is junk. Or gold plated trucks in the high teens to mid 20's. No thanks.

I've looked at 5 at dealers and all but one was junk or needing $1800 in various fixes off the lot. The next best thing is a dealership claiming they are "bulletproofing" trucks and they still have EGR and TTY bolts..

I'm not in a rush but I've been shopping for 6+ months with nothing I've fallen for.

Just wanted to vent and show everyone this "BP'ed" truck:

Big Boy Hot Rods

ChrisSki 06-05-2016 06:01 PM

I'm totally convinced that with the excursion I'm looking for, that I will buy a good one expensive like you said, or buy cheaper and have to bulletproof it myself.

After having "Bulletproofed" one 6.0, I prefer to do what I can myself, and send it off for the rest. I am a little reluctant at getting a "Bulletproofed" 6.0 for the same reasons you said about Bulletproofing meaning different things to different people.

The undercarriage of the truck you pictured looks good. No oil spots. I did notice it was 4WD without the FX4 package. Not quite sure what the FX4 package adds.

Canadian Mind 06-05-2016 06:20 PM

Skid plates for the transfer case and fuel tank.

To me the underbody looks like it was painted with tremclad. That box looks like garbage as well.

what brand of exhaust?

G8orFord 06-05-2016 07:00 PM

Not sure where your located, but there's a 2003 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat with 200k on it at a credit union near me for $9500. I have no details other than it looked pretty good on a 2 minute look. I assume it's a repo or similar. They keep one or two various cars or trucks there most of the time.

ShiZor9 06-05-2016 08:06 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I'm in the Tampa area..I would also finance so a dealer is preferable but pre approval isn't oit of my possibilities.

That dealer is a joke. His pictures of "studded" heads are the ficm mounts..pics clearly show a bolt head on the pictures that you can make out. I'm mostly cruising as many websites in hope, haha.

mbutts4901 06-06-2016 03:27 AM

I picked mine up in the Dallas area. The dealer sent someone to pick me up at the airport and I was making the quick 23 hour drive back to Detroit a few hours later.

Texas and Arizona seemed to have the biggest selection of rust free trucks. Everything around me was rusty and had a zillion miles.

beanoil 06-06-2016 03:45 AM

So, the BigBoy truck has been bulletproofed, but we see at least 3 different tire types on it.
Coolant in the tank looks suspiciously Gold colored.
I predict we will be getting a new member soon....
Hey I just bought this new to me F250 with 223k on it. The dealer said it was bulletproofed.....
You can fill in the rest of the story from here.

Heavy_GD 06-06-2016 04:15 AM

488 Attachment(s)

G8orFord 06-06-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiZor9 (Post 13710569)
I'm in the Tampa area..I would also finance so a dealer is preferable but pre approval isn't oit of my possibilities.

That dealer is a joke. His pictures of "studded" heads are the ficm mounts..pics clearly show a bolt head on the pictures that you can make out. I'm mostly cruising as many websites in hope, haha.

Well, it's at a Credit Union, so I'd imagine they're open to financing. If you think you might be interested in a dually, I can try to stop by and take a pic or two.

ShiZor9 06-06-2016 05:18 AM

8 Attachment(s)
So I've been preparing myself to go with a higher mileage truck now since everything local has been dipped in gold it seems.

Found this big blue in Orlando:

Used 2004 Ford F-250 SD for Sale in Orlando, FL 32807 Tropical Auto Outlet

Lack of engine pictures give me some hesitation but the truck seems well taken care of aside from the camo and tailights. A set of '08 lights and some plast-dip would make it much easier on the eyes..