New tranny interesting requirment from builder - Page 5 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Original Ford pumps are prone to failure anyway.

We install new updated OEM pumps

Keep an eye on your trans temps IF they used Red Eagle Alto clutches. They typically run hotter and aren't that great for a daily driven truck.
I've got a pump that went boom is anyone wants to see the internals of one

I will say the kit that I had put in my truck was a mix of Red Eagles, and Raybesto's doesn't seem to run much warmer than the stocker
john galt likes this.

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,718 Posts
Mentioned: 658 Post(s)
Quoted: 3784 Post(s)
it was an interesting comment since
the Alto Red Eagle running hot is a direct conflict to their advertising campaign

Quote:
Red Eagle Friction

Clutches fail in High-Performance applications due to excessive heat. Our specially designed original Red Eagle clutches withstand higher temperatures than any other clutch available. Our original material is designed to limit the amount of "slip" by providing a shorter lock-up time, generating less heat.

Our proprietary process starts with the friction paper saturated in a phenolic resin, cured, and then saturated a second time in a silicate. The silicate imparts high heat resistance.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ZMANN; 05-25-2016 at 04:30 PM.
post #43 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
Tomorrow would be good

hammer them down on what parts are upgraded in the Race Heavy hauler for me
Ha ha, no promises. I've been busy as hell recently and "close" is still a 2 hour drive 1 way.

2005 F-350 ext. cab long box, FX4
EDGE Insite CTS w/ fuel pres, EGT, and rear diff temp
Blue Spring
BCP High Idle Mod
DS Bypass Coolant Filter
Rotella ELC
Rotella T6 5w-40 Synthetic
EGR Cooler Delete
Bulletproof Oil Cooler, Oil Filter, & Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
268 000km/167 500 miles as of Jan. 1 2015.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 06:05 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yo Z... which tuners did you talk to that said they didn't like the idea of not adjusting anything with the trans?
Canadian Mind likes this.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #45 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Gearhead didn't say He didn't like it he said the line pressures are part of the torque table calibrations and wanted to have some clarification from them

I sent Tony Wildman my file to review but he said he had no way to tell what i had and to send my chip in LOL

I am not getting answers about the internals from NADP I asked a few more questions about the unit telling them it was hard to spend 5000 on a transmission and not know whats in it and they replied

it's 5,395 LOL

I thanked them for their time and I am now looking for a transmission again
john galt and Canadian Mind like this.

6.0 flush pdf
post #46 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 1088 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
There are certain applications that Sam will use the Red Eagles, and that's a true sled/drag truck. They hold awesome and running down the track there's not enough time for the trans to get hot. But in a weekend warrior truck that's used everyday, Raybestos GPZ clutches will get used. And also 4140 chromoly steels in the forward clutch pack iirc.

FYI, Matt has alot of time in tuning with Sam's 6.0 spondored sled pulling truck.

$3600 will be way plenty of transmission for you Scott. I don't see it worth the money in the next one stronger as I don't see you hitting the 700hp mark.
ZMANN likes this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #47 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 07:35 PM
AMERICA!

Which trans did Ryan get from Sam, Corey?

@najaf4life
ZMANN likes this.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #48 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I thought he had a BTS ?

I am looking at warren they list all the mods no mystery box there just not sure if they actually test them before they ship Custom Transmission Builds for Ford Power Stroke 5R110 Transmissions - Warren Diesel Shop

I may be full Circle and talk to you about Sam Wyse Corey i would have looked harder at them originally but you were kinda Vague about who this guy was
( I think you were trying to avoid looking pushy ?) if so don't do it again LOL it took a few googles to track him down under the name sam LOL

Does Wyse run theirs on a machine before they ship ?

6.0 flush pdf
post #49 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 PM
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I thought he had a BTS ?

I am looking at warren they list all the mods no mystery box there just not sure if they actually test them before they ship Custom Transmission Builds for Ford Power Stroke 5R110 Transmissions - Warren Diesel Shop

I may be full Circle and talk to you about Sam Wyse Corey i would have looked harder at them originally but you were kinda Vague about who this guy was
( I think you were trying to avoid looking pushy ?) if so don't do it again LOL it took a few googles to track him down under the name sam LOL

Does Wyse run theirs on a machine before they ship ?
Ryan is running a Sam Wyse trans now. He sent me a pic of his EX on a lift getting the trans swapped out, while Mike and I were swapping my trans out with Mike's donated one, driveway style with a flook jack. I was envious.
junior125 likes this.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Quote:
post #50 of 221 Old 05-25-2016, 10:00 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
I have heard good things about these guys and can honestly say I have some parts from them in my trans but...
my russian is rusty and I am not sure what the po put in
ATS Diesel Performance*

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode