Torque pro app/Bluetooth adapter - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 Old 03-03-2016, 05:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I unchecked "faster connection or communication" and disabled ELM auto timing adjust and it worked this morning for the 30 minute commute to the coffee shop. So I'll keep updating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 03-03-2016, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you able to use multiple devices with this? Not all at once....
post #23 of 31 Old 03-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2567 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Please clarify. You can use Torque on as many devices as you have, as long as they are Android. You can connect your Android device to multiple BT dongles, though not at the same time. What are you asking?

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 Old 03-04-2016, 01:37 AM
Diesel DB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I purchased the Scantool for the auto shutdown feature. I didn't notice any performance increase over the $12 device I had and I still get "Ecm is not enabled to obdII" when pulling codes even though it does pull codes. Odd.

2005 F350 Lariat
Torqshift Tranny
Bulletproof EGR
OEM Oil Cooler
Sinister Coolant filter
Rotella T6
Archoil
post #25 of 31 Old 03-04-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
Are you able to use multiple devices with this? Not all at once....
Yes, whether you buy it or use the free one you can install it on whatever android device you have.

I just use it on a tablet that I don't need. I did install it on my phone the other day and had all the settings set the same to see if it was my tablet, Bluetooth adapter or the settings I chose that was causing the reading of just coolant and trans temps. I wouldn't try to connect both at the same time to the adapter.

I'm leaning towards the cause being that I had settings wrong.

If it ends being that, then I bought a scan tool obd II for no reason other than it is smaller and up out of the way. I bet the Chinese adapter is 3 times longer.
post #26 of 31 Old 03-04-2016, 04:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Garage
You can import and export your dashboard to duplicate it up on multiple devices.

In addition, there is the Torque OBD2 Repeater plugin but it is in beta and I have not tried it. It is supposed to allow you to have multiple devices connected to the OBD adapter at the same time. You install the plugin on your primary device, bluetooth connect your two devices together, and then with the plugin, the primary device shares Torque with the secondary device. The idea is you can then have Torque on an in dash stereo receiver and a phone/tablet (or any combination of devices, phone & tablet, etc.).

- Michael
- If being an NCO was easy, we'd be called Officers.

2017 F350 Lariat DRW
- Click
for details

Sold 05OCT16 - 2006 F350 DRW - 175/Stock, UCF o-ringed heads, KC Stage 2 - Click
for details

Traded 01SEP18 '11 Ram 2500 Big Horn (Wife's), 6.7L Cummins - Click
for details
'13 XLR Hyperlite Toy Hauler 5er

Ford diesel documents

post #27 of 31 Old 03-12-2016, 06:03 AM

Well, thanks to this forum/thread and G8orford, I have no more problems with torque pro shutting down all readings except coolant and trans temps.

After using torque pro for so long, driving without it is about like driving with my eyes closed.
post #28 of 31 Old 03-12-2016, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Hmmm, you're still dropping ECT and Trans temp? That's odd. ECT is not even an extended PID. Not sure about TFT. You might want to post on the Torque forum and see if Ian has any thoughts. Since I went with the PLX adapter and IMFD sensor modules for EGT & FP, I drop EOT after a while and get the "Faulty OBDII adapter" error. Everything else still seems to work fine.

Link to my thread discussion with Ian.
Forums ? Torque OBD ECU Scanner Torque Discussion / Ideas PLX Kiwi2 w/iMFD adapterTorque

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #29 of 31 Old 03-12-2016, 06:23 AM

Sorry....maybe I didn't type it correctly. I have NO problems with torque pro now.
post #30 of 31 Old 03-12-2016, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Ah, when I re-read it after your comment I understand now. Good to hear that you got it working.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode