D262 missing scp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
D262 missing scp

So my loyal 2002 f150 started having a problem a few weeks back with the wife driving it. Randomly she would have "no start" issues, but after cycling the key a few times it would fire off. Then one day I get a call from her saying it died on the road in traffic. I went out to trouble shoot it and could not get it to fire, fuel pump was first thought so I had it towed home.

Once home it started, so I checked for loose connection and power issues with fuel system, all good. I did a test from the cluster and got D262. PATS and PCM not talking intermittently for some reason I think.

I have aftermarket remote start that's been in for like 10 years, I'm wondering how likely it is that is the culprit. Seems like remote would have to trick the system into thinking that it senses the key rfid before it tells the PCM that it's ok to start. I didn't install remote start but think installation would involve the ring antenna/ key area maybe, any ideas?

1999 F250 Supercrew LB
MBRP 4" straight pipe
S&B
PHP Hydra
Edge Insight CTS2
Sweet IH Steering knob (adds at least 1000HP)

"I have never bought anything with money. Everything I have was bought with pieces of time I sold from my life to a job that will never have paid enough when my time is up."

Spem Successus Alit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode