2019 Raptor thoughts..... - Page 6 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 Old 02-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
I'll be on the long distance commute soon....120 miles a day.
Sounds like you're heading toward the swamp?

2017 F350 CCSB King Ranch Ultimate 6.7
2002 F250 ECLB, XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4X4, Auto, TW 6pos. Tuner, 4" SS Exhaust, Britebox, EZ Down tailgate assist, Rear Air Bags, 6.0 trans cooler, Wicked Wheel 2, Corey's HPX, Dieselsite Water pump w/built-in filter, 203 degree thermostat, Max A/C assist, Oil drain valve, Non EBV pedestal & Flange, S.S. bellowed up pipes, Dieselsite Lifetime Rad. hoses & Intercooler hoses, New oil cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 Old 02-12-2019, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
Sounds like you're heading toward the swamp?

Personally most of VA is a swamp. Just South of the heart of the Richmond swamp is were I'm expecting to go. 60+ one way. I've done it before and really don't mind it. Once you get used to route (s) it's pretty easy driving......until summer...LOL

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #53 of 59 Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Buffalo7.3 View Post
I thought I did a lot of driving doing 80-100 Miles a day.......

Yep...before I was changing the oil in my 6.0L every 1.5-2 months. LOL
White_Buffalo7.3 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They look ok but that’s about it.
post #55 of 59 Old 05-04-2019, 02:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
My Explorer Sport owners manual said the engine ran on 89 octane but that the horsepower ratings were based on 92 octane.

The one acquaintance of mine that owns a Raptor said pretty much the same as here. Mileage, bed, engine tone even with a good exhaust and he said the seats are awesome until you hit about 200 miles, then his back starts hurting. He loves the truck though. So for longer trips and such, he bought an Accord.

I've read articles saying Ford is looking to put the 5.2L GT500 engine in the Raptor. I've read the 3.5L Ecoboost in the Raptor is more expensive than the 3.5L Ecoboost in the F150. I can't imagine Ford putting the even more expensive 5.2L in the Raptor unless it's as an optional engine. The Raptor's are already expensive as hell. The S/C 5.2L would likely add another $8k minimum to that price.

We cannot live on .45 ACP alone. There's .22, .223, 5.56, 9mm, .380, 7.62, 10mm, I could go on....

2017 F250 6.7L CCSB Lariat Ultimate
post #56 of 59 Old 05-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

Well it looks like I'll be getting a Raptor in the next week or two. Ford is buying back my 2017 King Ranch. I really wanted another F350, however, I need a truck that rides better. The F350's ride isn't bad, [per se] but it's been putting a hurting on my wife going to and from her weekly Chemotherapy treatments which are a 200 mile trip.
We test drove a Raptor, and it rode surprisingly well. I agree with the others, they do sound kind of crappy,,, kind of like a bull calf having his nuts clipped.
Hmmm. Kinda fitting since they lost two cylinders with this V6.
HeavyAssault and voodooridr like this.

2002 F250 ECLB, XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4X4, Auto, TW 6pos. Tuner, 4" SS Exhaust, Britebox, EZ Down tailgate assist, Rear Air Bags, 6.0 trans cooler, Wicked Wheel 2, Corey's HPX, Dieselsite Water pump w/built-in filter, 203 degree thermostat, Max A/C assist, Oil drain valve, Non EBV pedestal & Flange, S.S. bellowed up pipes, Dieselsite Lifetime Rad. hoses & Intercooler hoses, New oil cooler
post #57 of 59 Old 05-04-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
N.S.D.Q.

If you can get it at invoice that's a win-win. Don't worry the next V8 Raptor will be awhile out.

Any color that you like best?

post #58 of 59 Old 05-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
If you can get it at invoice that's a win-win. Don't worry the next V8 Raptor will be awhile out.

Any color that you like best?
I'm letting my wife pick, it's been taking her mind off of her sickness a little bit. She likes Ruby Red the best. The dealership doesn't have any Raptors in stock right now, so they're trying to locate one for me.
Those fender and hood decals are expensive. They cost around $2000. That's ridiculous for four decals, but she likes them, and so do I.
I hear that pickup trucks make more money for Ford that anything else. The Raptor must be their real cash cow.
HeavyAssault likes this.

post #59 of 59 Old 05-05-2019, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
N.S.D.Q.

Ruby Red is a great color. Too great...LOL....I have used Auto Trader to see what's on the market. Works pretty good as I will then find the dealer site to see if it's still in stock.

I agree with the stickers as one could order a bed liner over the sticker for better use of the money. Last I looked I think there are a few in KY, IN, or OH. If your local dealer will work with you on pricing I would just order one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode